Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I'm extremely curious about Endless Eight. Everytime someone's tried to explain it to me I haven't fully understood what's so bad about it.

I don't actually see how it can be that bad, but it probably is.

Remember the Hannah-Barbara animation that shamelessly recycled frames into each other with minute differences for the sake of saving on animation budget? Well, think of 8 episodes of doing nothing but that, only doing it on purpose for stylistic reasons and actually going back and redrawing everything each time. Basically, a colossal waste of time for everyone involved.

So, I saw episode 3 of Digimon Xros Wars this morning.

They did it already. :lol: *facepalm* Everyone knew it was coming, but they did it already.

MadLeomon is dead

. As if we needed any more confirmation it was just a running gag to the writers now.

I'm extremely curious about Endless Eight. Everytime someone's tried to explain it to me I haven't fully understood what's so bad about it.
eight episodes (two months) of the exact same thing, completely redrawn and rerecorded with only minor differences, after a 3 year gap between seasons. it basically felt like a massive slap in the face. The new season had one whole episode that forwarded the plot, the rest was crap.

Dunno if anyone's heard of this but it looks like there's a new Avatar series coming out next year.

Korra will be met with a number of challenges in this industrial city: challenges wrought by her new airbending teacher, Tenzin; growing instances of local crime; or perhaps the emergence of new technologies. Republic City is populated with all types of people, element benders and non-benders alike, but talk of an "anti-bending revolution" is putting some on edge, and is threatening to rip the city apart. In The Legend of Korra, the avatar is met with a host of new, contemporary struggles, forcing Korra to master not only the elements, but her environment as well. The Legend of Korra is currently scheduled to begin airing next year.

Korra's airbending teacher, Tenzin, is Aang's son.

Female Main character? Anti-bending Revolution? Steampunk? Aang's son playing a role?

Color me interested.

Dunno if anyone's heard of this but it looks like there's a new Avatar series coming out next year.

Female Main character? Anti-bending Revolution? Steampunk? Aang's son playing a role?

Color me interested.

Not anime dur hur

Interesting though. Sounds like it's going to focus solely on that city or I could be reading it wrong, but that's a big change from the adventure and travel from the first series. Dunno if I like Aang's son being a main character, though it would be a kickass cameo. Seeing as the first series was brilliant, despite my worries I doubt they'll mess this up

I'm aware it's not anime. Its just that People have talked about Avatar and Boondocks in this topic previously so uh... Yeah. There it went... :unsure:

New Avatar series? That's awesome, especially considering the fact that Nickelodeon has nothing on anymore. Nice find. ^_^

I'll definitely check it out once it's out.

Finished looking at the School Rumble anime, I had a lot of laughs at their misunderstandings in season 1, OVA's were forgettable, season 2 was ok, and then the finale was a big let down. I hate shit like that, I find something I enjoy watching and then comes some fucked up ending that pisses you off and makes you wonder why you even fucking bothered.

But for what I paid for it, it was worth it $25 for 2 seasons and OVA. And for those who are interested Cowboy Bebop is $23 at Deep Discount right now a long with many other titles if you're interested in buying anime.

Edited by Silencer226

Finished looking at the School Rumble anime, I had a lot of laughs at their misunderstandings in season 1, OVA's were forgettable, season 2 was ok, and then the finale was a big let down. I hate shit like that, I find something I enjoy watching and then comes some fucked up ending that pisses you off and makes you wonder why you even fucking bothered.

But for what I paid for it, it was worth it $25 for 2 seasons and OVA. And for those who are interested Cowboy Bebop is $23 at Deep Discount right now a long with many other titles if you're interested in buying anime.

Wait wait, I think I was thinking of something else. I just remember some comedy series that's name sounded like School Rumble had a WTF ending being a lighthearted comedy series only for it to end with lots of the main characters getting killed out of the blue.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

I haven't watched School Rumble, but if I heard correctly isn't that the comedy series that ends

with a out of the blue dark twist and lots of the main characters die from an insane murderer or something?

Nah, it's about two idiots, one idiot loves the other idiot and that idiot loves some freak who wears a Kappa outfit in the rain. They get closer together but that ending is just gah so unsatisfying. I actually believe there's more to the story because there is a manga, but even then the manga is at the moment incomplete I believe.

Edit: Ok saw your edit, what show are you talking about anyway? In other news, I will begin reading Negima! because now I have no choice now that Amazon has shipped my order before I could cancel it, damn those guys are fast...

Edited by Silencer226

I FEEL YOU

But for what it's worth I loved almost every moment of School Rumble... until the end. Then I just died quite a bit inside. Not because I was sad, but because I was disappointed/angry.

._.

Well now I know which Anime to avoid. I just finished Air Gear and the ending was corny and it was left unfinished since I recently found out the Manga goes farther.

What a letdown.....

Edited by Shade737

Hardly ever watch anime, but Aptiva really got me hooked into Gurren Lagann. I think the only other stuff I've really ever watched besides this was FLCL and like 10 episodes of Wolf's Rain, XD. I'm only on like episode 4, but it's pretty awesome. Though, it seems like it's popular, so I'm sure anyone who regularly visits this thread has probably watched it/heard of it, X3.

-Blur

• Thumbs Up 1

Hardly ever watch anime, but Aptiva really got me hooked into Gurren Lagann. I think the only other stuff I've really ever watched besides this was FLCL and like 10 episodes of Wolf's Rain, XD. I'm only on like episode 4, but it's pretty awesome. Though, it seems like it's popular, so I'm sure anyone who regularly visits this thread has probably watched it/heard of it, X3.

-Blur

Yes, but trust me, Gurren Lagann without spoiling anything is an anime that keeps getting better and better as it goes. One reason people love it so much is because it continuously shatters expectations. You'll see~

I just finished watching the first 3 episodes of Xros Wars and I really like it. So far its my 3rd favorite Digimon series after Adventure and 02. . The music is great, I especially like the music during the episode recap and the commercial break things,

Shoutmon's funny and he looks pretty cool. The DigiXrossing thing is pretty interesting, but I do hope for normal digivolution in the series, but I expect itShoutmon was talking about how he'll never lose till he's king, so I see him losing, doubting his power and digivolving and stuff. I can't wait for Zenjirou and Akari to get Digimon, if they do, but I think they will Cutemon seems to be Akari's Digimon. Kiriha is pretty cool, he doesn't seem like the typical arrogant rival. Nene is interesting, I'd like to see what she's about.

So Xros Wars is really good? I finished watching Tamers last year as you guys know and I'm kinda worried I'll be underwhelmed by any other series I watch.

Then again I don't really have an excuse for not watching Savers/Data Squad yet.

America: The land that loves blood and zombies. OK, maybe bewbs as well.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

So Xros Wars is really good? I finished watching Tamers last year as you guys know and I'm kinda worried I'll be underwhelmed by any other series I watch.

Then again I don't really have an excuse for not watching Savers/Data Squad yet.

Xros Wars is good so far. As much as I want to be an optimist, bear in mind that Digimon Frontier had a fairly strong start too (read- first couple of episodes), and we all know how that turned out (read= unspectacular at best). That said, DigiXros is a brilliant concept with massive amounts of potential, and the fact that they actually have partner Digimon means that it's almost guaranteed to be better than Frontier, at least.

Also, Digimon Savers is the single best thing ever created by mankind. cool.gif

Lol, I liked Frontier, but didn't care for Savers :lol:

Frontier had a great ending and I didn't think it was really bad that they didn't have partner Digimon. I mean they had Digimon friends the went with them.