Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Don't forget the movies, Wolfy.

Oh I know, =3. I was actually looking them up before I left my house today, but that and homework has gotten in the way of me watching them yet. It's pretty much a series recap with some new scenes, right? And are there any English dubs? I'm probably going to get shot for prefering English over the Japanese VA's, XD.

And I understand that there are still music videos (LOL at the Fight da Powah one) and even a DS game out there, so GL should keep me entertained for a good while longer still.

This anime has driven me to the point of obsession though (like most things I take interest in). I've bought one of those metal core-drill necklaces so far, and I'll probably wind up getting some other stuff. I'm almost even considering making my next music album all about the series.

Maybe I should get hooked on anime more often, XD.

-Blur

First movie is episodes 1-14 recapped but they condense the last four into one battle with a bunch of changes. The second movie is the rest of the series, but it starts changing right around the time Arc Gurren Lagann appears. The ending is totally different. And no, no dubs.

As for the music videos, there was a second batch that didn't get much publicity so keep that in mind. And I was the same way with the obsession XD I've got figures of GL, Arc GL, Super Galaxy GL, TTGL, and a Core Drill.

I would say my favorite anime is Yu Yu Hakusho. I have watched others such as Dragon Ball Z, Bible Black, Sonic X, Naruto and One Piece. To me, they don't compare to Yu Yu Hakusho. It is such an epic anime, in my opinion. The animation is really superb and the story lines are really incredible. It's about ghost hunters and then there's fighting involved. It's kinda like DBZ. However, I think it's waaaaay better than DBZ. I haven't watched Yu Yu Hakusho in a long time.

Isn't Bible Black Hentai?

But yes, Yu Yu Hakusho has and forever will have a place in my heart. Well, just one moment from that anime will have a place for my heart for all eternity.

Holy Shit. Bleach take notes. This is an ass kicking.

Edited by turbojet

Speaking of ass kicking....

(skip to 05:35 for Luffy's Gear Second)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU3_06PeyAs

Also here's Gear third, I wanted to get the one where he makes his fist giant and punches out Moria, but their all amv's RAEG, but still, here's some giant foot action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB60yvi04Kk

Edited by Ferno

Oh I know, =3. I was actually looking them up before I left my house today, but that and homework has gotten in the way of me watching them yet. It's pretty much a series recap with some new scenes, right? And are there any English dubs? I'm probably going to get shot for prefering English over the Japanese VA's, XD

No English dubs exist currently unfortunately (I prefer the English dub of Gurren Lagann as well) but definitely worth a watch. The first movie is more of a recap than main things and is skipable, but the second movie adds in a ton of new stuff and despite how impossible I thought it was they make the final battle even more epic, they almost completely redid the final battle and the Anti-Spiral really shows the power it has in one of the most epic battle finales I have ever seen for the "Final Attack" type thing. I won't spoil it but the revisions they did are a new spin on some things but a welcome spin.

Mrs. Shimizu is a slut holy fuck I thought I was watching a cute comedy what is going on in Chobits.

It's been a while since I've seen Chobits, she's the teacher right

the one who leaves her hubby for her student... weird

Anyway, I've been pre-ordering several anime's, one in particular is Corpse Princess, dead girl kills dead things in order to go to heaven, simple enough that I watch for the mindless violence a lone. I saw the whole series streamed on funimations website in subs, I've recently heard some english clips, and it's fucking weird after seeing it in japanese all this time... I'll probably feel the same way after hearing how Index and Railgun sound in english.

Edited by Silencer226

I just watched Digimon Xross Wars episode 4 and I really liked it. Chibikamemon looks really cool! I do wish there'll be normal digivolving though, but I think there will be later..

Girls Bravo is.......wierd, I guess. It's not a hentai, but it has LOTS AND LOTS OF BOOBIES! Also, the second episode has Erotic Eating. Guess what (lucky) fruit is the victim?

Haha, after finding out Fanny is another word for vagina in british english, I was watching the first episode of Dragon Ball today. That knowledge made the line "What do I care about seeing you're dirty, old fanny" much funnier xD

I've finished Hetalia and am just waiting for FUNimation to sub World Series. Also, the dub demo is quite impressive. I think Eric Vale does a fine job at voicing America and the rest of the cast do a great job too. I'm glad they kept the accents, I'm just waiting to hear Latvia dubbed, I hear Ryan Reynolds is doing it.

I'm also busy with K-ON!!, Bubblegum Crisis, Seto No Hanayome and School Rumble.

I think, the next time I eat an apple, I'll have to quote Harima: Yummy, yummy, yummy, apple core in my tummy!

Edited by CreamyBagel

Does anyone get irritated by badly placed fanserivce or just...to much fanservice? I swear it can ruin the anime for me.

I thought it was just me. I tried watching it but it was just overkill. And I'm definitely not a prude or anything but it just bugs me when its just flvbfdljb everywhere.

I've watched so much Highschool of the Dead that I'm not even fazed by it anymore. A pantyshot is almost as prevalent as a strand a grass in that anime. In fact, I bet you can count more pany shots in that anime alone then you can find botches of grass. Yeah.

It's why I won't bother with more than one episode of Highschool of the Dead.

Same here. I admittedly almost always hate it (the exception being when it is played for laughs), but I'm usually able to ignore it.

Fanservice doesn't bother me one bit (unless it's Ikkitousen... *barf* such a horrible anime). As for HotD understandable, the girls are wearing skirts and doing flips, bouncing breasts and panty shots, excused due to physics. :rolleyes: Though I am wondering how they managed to get a panty shot on the sword girl when she'ss wearing that very long skirt...

PS: Last episodes zombie battle was so over the top awesome.

Anime is srs business ಠ_ಠ

Well I guess for me it is. I'm all about plot. If the plot is good and it exceeds the exaggerated fanservice I might be able to handle it. But I guess shows that just include zombies and titties...Ehhh not really my alley.

I guess I'm just pickyanimewatcheroner

Fanservice doesn't bother me too much, as Tornado said, when it's played for laughs. A comedy, a parody, whatever is fine. But then there are places where it doesn't belong. Hell, I absolutely adore Gunbuster, but no matter what, I want to kill someone any time I see Noriko rip her shirt off in what's otherwise a serious moment in the last episode.

Fanservice doesn't bother me too much, as Tornado said, when it's played for laughs. A comedy, a parody, whatever is fine. But then there are places where it doesn't belong. Hell, I absolutely adore Gunbuster, but no matter what, I want to kill someone any time I see Noriko rip her shirt off in what's otherwise a serious moment in the last episode.

And I feel the same way, I hope my post didn't seem like I was defending all fanservice /:. I just hate when fan service takes away from the plot (Ikkitousen... yeah I hate this anime... not like it had a good plot anyway). It depends on how it is pulled off.

I'm sure as shit not prudish. I think its just because I'm a cynical asshole that I usually hate it, as it just seems rather pathetic to me when the best way that an anime/manga creator thinks of to get people to watch/read is not an intelligent plot or good writing, but constant streams of tits and panties.

Indeed, I think the really funny part of HSotD is the fact that zombie movies have generally been one of the few genres to consistently be able to actually intertwine fanservice into the plot (usually as some variety of the "breakdown of modern society" metaphor), but then HSotD turns around and wastes what seems like a few minutes of each episode on nothing but boob jiggle and panty shots. Only without the subtext.

Edited by Tornado

I'm too prudish to like fanservice and from what it sounds like, being a prude makes me less of a man... Is that bad? D=

DAMN MY STRICT UPBRINING!!!!!

Edit: Seriously though, I don't mind fanservice if it's played for laughs sometimes. Sometimes it just gets reeeeally annoying whenever it just goes, LOL BEWBIES LOL.

Edited by Inferno da danged recolor