Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Drake and Josh was all the humor of Kenan & Kel but with white people lol. And Ned was actually a really creative premise. Now they're churning out a thousand shows about some kids who lack talent suddenly being famous despite being no different from everyone else. I guess it is kinda weird that now that CN shows pretty much no anime (Adult Swim not counting) Nick is doing it, but hey, if it gives me a reason to put my television to use then I don't care.

That depends on what anime they air on their channel, maybe Baka to Test would work, but then again the perv with the camera might scare them away.

I've been hearing a lot about the infamous 4kids censorship of One Piece. Why are people getting so angry over that when they can buy/view it under Funimation? (Or is that censored as well?)

I've been hearing a lot about the infamous 4kids censorship of One Piece. Why are people getting so angry over that when they can buy/view it under Funimation? (Or is that censored as well?)

Nah, the Funimation version's uncut and unedited, and I'm currently buying it.

One Piece fans (myself included) are just butt-hurt because most people got their first impression of the series from the 4kids version, which was quite literally "One Piece abridged." and think the series is bawlz. >3>

Excuse my butt-hurt-te-ded-ness. :V

Oh I see. I feel bad for 4kids in this case (I heard they kind of rushed and bought one piece without really reviewing it. HUGE MISTAKE obviously) but since they had it, they ended up having to kind of censor things since they knew they'd get bitching parents more than bitching kids. It does suck that it cuts away from the real plot therefore kind of ruining the story but its not like the kids know...So why don't older fans just buy it from Funimation? :S Censorship isn't going to keep children from seeing things but it helps them from not outright seeing it. Probably helps/helped 4kids avoid lawsuits as well <,<

IN OTHAR NEWZ:

Has anyone seen Speed Grapher?

Edited by Space Ghost

Oh I see. I feel bad for 4kids in this case (I heard they kind of rushed and bought one piece without really reviewing it. HUGE MISTAKE obviously) but since they had it, they ended up having to kind of censor things since they knew they'd get bitching parents more than bitching kids. It does suck that it cuts away from the real plot therefore kind of ruining the story but its not like the kids know...So why don't older fans just buy it from Funimation? :S Censorship isn't going to keep children from seeing things but it helps them from not outright seeing it. Probably helps/helped 4kids avoid lawsuits as well <,<

IN OTHAR NEWZ:

Has anyone seen Speed Grapher?

I want to see it, I've seen a lot of mixed views on it. I might give it a look tomorrow since I'm still waiting on my Negima manga (volumes 11-15) to come in the mail (I'm addicted to this manga...).

Also, I hear a lot of good things about One Piece, but dudes I understand that One Piece has a helluva alot of episodes so I'm not even gonna bother playing catch up.

Edit:I don't get Funimation channel, I have them on demand but I'd rather get their channel, I hope my flooding their request box works one day...

Edited by Silencer226

I would beeeeg for Funimation. We have to pay for everyfuckingthing here that a lot of places have free. It's annoying.

And Speed Grapher is one of those that will make you go LOLWHATTHEFLYINGFUCK but that's why I liked it.

Not quite the same censorship you're talking about, but making Zeff in One Piece lose his leg escaping from the ship rather than eating it on the island was pretty retarded.

What they did to Reborn! was also fucked up. The chameleon turns into a gun? It shoots a bullet that converts into energy and seeps into Tsuna? Seriously?

Then again, Reborn! sucks now anyway.

No, no.. It's actually cut a bit. Here: http://www.animedigital.de/index.htm?locus=http://www.animedigital.de/Schnittberichte/OnePiece/359/359.php It's in german, but the text doesn't matter. Go down to the parts in blue and hold you mouse over the picture and you'll see the difference between the versions. The german one is the one where they left the knife. It's only the TV version in japan that is cut

Drake and Josh was all the humor of Kenan & Kel but with white people lol. And Ned was actually a really creative premise. Now they're churning out a thousand shows about some kids who lack talent suddenly being famous despite being no different from everyone else. I guess it is kinda weird that now that CN shows pretty much no anime (Adult Swim not counting) Nick is doing it, but hey, if it gives me a reason to put my television to use then I don't care.

Metajets. Holy crap, I'm not sure if its an imitation of anime or some Japanese shitty studio made it, but it is horrible. I have never seen such abysmall animation in my life. This shit makes Astro Boy look like gold. I honestly feel sorry for the youth that watches this steaming pile of crud for a morning cartoon.

Caught up on Highschool of the Dead amd I must say, Takashi is the highschool equivalent of Commander Shepard.

Also, I hear a lot of good things about One Piece, but dudes I understand that One Piece has a helluva alot of episodes so I'm not even gonna bother playing catch up.

Who in there right mind would try to do this? You would be better off going to the One Piece wiki and reading what happened or filling yourself in. If anything you sounds interesting, watch it. Thats what I do. Hell, I remember ditching the anime after the Gecko Moria arc and then leaving it alone for awhile until the execution of Ace. In fact, I might just do it again, until something else of importance happens...again.

Edited by turbojet

Metajets. Holy crap, I'm not sure if its an imitation of anime or some Japanese shitty studio made it, but it is horrible. I have never seen such abysmall animation in my life. This shit makes Astro Boy look like gold. I honestly feel sorry for the youth that watches this steaming pile of crud for a morning cartoon.

I think I'd rather they just didn't show anything than show shit. Oh well.

I rewatched the first episode of Haruhi last night, probably going to continue watching both seasons in chronological order out of curiosity. There are a lot of cool little hints and allusions, it's pretty interesting. Like Mikuru gets surprised when she meets Yuki, Taniguchi mentions the lines on the track that Kyon helped Haruhi draw in the past, some stuff I forget.

Caught up on Highschool of the Dead amd I must say, Takashi is the highschool equivalent of Commander Shepard.

Who in there right mind would try to do this? You would be better off going to the One Piece wiki and reading what happened or filling yourself in. If anything you sounds interesting, watch it. Thats what I do. Hell, I remember ditching the anime after the Gecko Moria arc and then leaving it alone for awhile until the execution of Ace. In fact, I might just do it again, until something else of importance happens...again.

Nah, even when One Piece was on tv I never looked at it, I guess it was the animation style I dunno wasn't really interesting to me. I just said I've heard good things about it but long shows haven't been my thing since Dragonball.

Not quite the same censorship you're talking about, but making Zeff in One Piece lose his leg escaping from the ship rather than eating it on the island was pretty retarded.

What they did to Reborn! was also fucked up. The chameleon turns into a gun? It shoots a bullet that converts into energy and seeps into Tsuna? Seriously?

Then again, Reborn! sucks now anyway.

Yeah, I gave up on Reborn! not long after the godawful Future arc started. Turned into a rubbish Bleach clone.

I like Reborn.. I like the art style, the story is interesting to me and Lambo is awesome :lol:

Wow, and you're still sticking with it? Well done you. D: I just totally lost interest a while into the future arc, personally.

Yeah. Future Arc got a little boring, because it went on too long, but I only started reading a few months ago, so I could just read right through it without having to wait a week for a new chapter ^^

Yeah, see, I caught up with the manga like, two years ago. The fact the future arc was so damn dragged out just bored me to death. D:

I never really got into Reborn despite watching a few episodes here and there. The anime dragged out way too much anyway.

Reborn! can suck my dick. It started out really good, making the main character not all that cute and using shounen clichés to build on its slice-of-life storyline. And then around chapter 70, the "training" stops and it devolves into the very thing it was originally making fun of. And Tsuna's a bishounen now. Now that's really lame. I've since stopped reading it ever since I finished Varia, but I occasionally drop by to see how it's going, and it's still just as pathetically depressing as I last left it.

Original "DO THIS THING AS IF I WERE GOING TO DIE!!" Reborn! all the way man. The "Dying Will" doesn't even mean anything anymore in the current storyline, snd Tsuna's new transformations are simply, fucking horrid.

One Piece practitioners such as myself are deranged enough to withstand reading (or watching) entire arcs in a single day and not bat an eyelash. I've also memorized Sogeking's theme song by heart and can recite it by the syllable. You're not a real fan until you too can sing Sogeking's theme song.

I kind of like

The words aren't totally right, but I think it sounds a bit better..That's just me, though. Edited by MarcelloF

So I saw Sgt. Frog the other day on Yewtewb. It's decent from what I saw, but I'll have to watch more to judge properly.

Wow, I can't believe I never posted in here! Well here's my contribution in this epic thread!

I appreciate anime. I consider myself an animation enthusiast, so naturally I appreciate it. Some of you people may not know this and well yeah I am. I've watched many animated things in my lifetime. I have books about 'em. I don't have books about anime. However, I'd like to get one. I want to get a book about the history of anime. That would be a nice addition to my books on my animation.

I would say my favorite anime is Yu Yu Hakusho. I have watched others such as Dragon Ball Z, Bible Black, Sonic X, Naruto and One Piece. To me, they don't compare to Yu Yu Hakusho. It is such an epic anime, in my opinion. The animation is really superb and the story lines are really incredible. It's about ghost hunters and then there's fighting involved. It's kinda like DBZ. However, I think it's waaaaay better than DBZ. I haven't watched Yu Yu Hakusho in a long time.

Ah and what about Pokemon? That counts as an anime too, right? I really liked that one and I watched it with my brother years ago. He doesn't watch it anymore. If he does flip through channels and finds it, he'll watch it. I guess it takes him back to his childhood. By the time Pokemon became a big trend in the U.S., I was in my very late childhood. I probably would have been into it more if I was 8-10 years old at that time.

I can't really say I'm an anime fan these days, I didn't really ease into it. I would say it was just a little phase in my life and that's pretty much it. As for manga, my first exposure to that was at my old workplace (when I worked at this after school program). Jaleel (one of the kids) had a manga of Naruto. I kinda read it and I wasn't that interested in it. Then this year or last year, I saw my friend reading scanned manga on his laptop.

• Bad Quality Post 1

I admit to doing this. One Peace is good but the length is a bit too much lol.

Edited by Shade???

So I finished Gurren Lagann last night (er, this morning at 3 am technically I guess), and as lame as it probably sounds, it's probably one of, if not, the best things I've ever watched. There really isn't too much to be said other than it's completely awesome and badass, so I'll just leave it at that I guess. I still gotta say Kamina is my favorite character, but Simon and Kittan are damn near close.

Damns, you feel like a man after you're done, >(.

-Blur

• Thumbs Up 1