Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I just finished watching Desert Punk. I had it for awhile but I never had time to watch it.

I loved it all the way until the final episode where the main character did something that I didn't like....

It felt a bit too extreme for his character.

Edited by Shade737

A lot of people have been saying that the movie was fantastic, some thought it was so good that they forgave Endless Eight. And considering /a/ hates everything, if they loved this I guess they're probably right.

/a/ are closet Haruhi fags even though their shit ragesploded like the supernova of a thousand suns during the season one re-airing and even moreso during endless eight. I don't really think thats saying much.

Endless Eight, redeemable? Psh. The only hope this movie has is that it prevents the anime from dying a totally undignified death.

(and I don't trust Haruhiists 4chan anyway)

I'm mildly interested in seeing the movie, but word.

Yeah, but every time I think "hmm I should see the movie" I also think "FUCKING ENDLESS EIGHT" and end up foaming at the mouth, rolling on the floor in pure nerd rage

The movie in terms of length is actually about the same length as Endless Eight (the movie is almost exactly the length of 8 episodes, just a bit more) which is helped from the best animation in the entire series and actually a very good orchestrated soundtrack (I got the actual CD and the music is quite something if into that type of stuff) . I didn't read the manga but I knew the arch the movie was based off of in the manga was a fan favorite story and according to the people who read it the movie was a near perfect telling of the story which many think is even better than the manga counterpart. The thing is while some funny stuff this is decidedly a non-humor arch which deals with with more extreme things than the regular TV show and really casts all the characters into a new light. This probably shows a different side of all the characters you know and answers subtly a lot of questions that may have been brought up in the series. It's got excellent pacing and story to back it up and though I'm trying my best not to spoil anything the thing I can say is that the thing the movie probably does better than anything beyond the fantastic animation, music, story, and just a generally interesting setting is the characters and their development. Everyone is fleshed out a lot from the side characters, main characters, and thanks to coming from a different perspective than the show follows it truly does seem like a different set-up altogether.

If you liked the first season at all I do recommend it, hopefully it'll put a better taste in your mouth than Endless Eight since the movies end suggests there's at least another season to come somewhere down the road.

I'm watching highschool of the dead. I'm taking a shot for every panty seen and every boob jiggle. I'm going to be fucking wasted.

Edited by turbojet

I'm highschool of the dead. I'm taking a shot for every panty seen and every boob jiggle. I'm going to be fucking wasted.

Well, if we never see you again we know what happened. Good luck.

The movie in terms of length is actually about the same length as Endless Eight (the movie is almost exactly the length of 8 episodes, just a bit more) which is helped from the best animation in the entire series and actually a very good orchestrated soundtrack

Oh man do I love the soundtrack, it's so great. READY? sends shivers up my spine.

I watched another episode of Mitsudomoe (still not caught up). It's like they took japanese moeblobs and american humor and mashed them together. It's got that same quality of western cartoons where the episode starts with some normal task or something and suddenly everything's all wacky.

Edited by Noir

After PSI Wind and turbojet, I wonder who's going to start a suicidal drinking game next. :lol:

Just started watching Gao Gai Gar, it's pretty good so far. But in episode 2, what the hell was with those fighting matches? Even ignoring beating each other with spiked clubs, it was a cage match with electrified barbed wire, time bombs and SETTING PEOPLE ON FIRE. And a little girl was brought to this.

Edited by Ekaje

just wanna add that season 2 of haruhi also completely ruined anime for me, for awhile there

i'm going to check out the movie now, actually. better be good.

just wanna add that season 2 of haruhi also completely ruined anime for me, for awhile there

Good luck sir, I hope you come back alive.

BLD061151.jpg

I never saw what was so great about Haruhi like seriously... Though i did think season 1 was good, didn't bother with season 2, and out of curiosity wanted to find out waht this endless eight was, found out and definitely don't want to bother with it now.

Edited by Silencer226

After PSI Wind and turbojet, I wonder who's going to start a suicidal drinking game next. :lol:

I suggest the Judge Dredd drinking game. Every time someone screams the word "law" at someone else, take a shot. Every time Dredd kills a good guy, take two.

I'm up to episode 18 of Excel Saga. Personally speaking, I don't get the hoopla that was given towards episode 17 (Animation USA). I thought the plot itself was quite good and the lines were hilarious, but (and perhaps it is just because I watched FLCL first) the actual melding of animation styles didn't come off as that impressive to me.

Edited by Tornado

Good luck sir, I hope you come back alive.

BLD061151.jpg

I never saw what was so great about Haruhi like seriously... Though i did think season 1 was good, didn't bother with season 2, and out of curiosity wanted to find out waht this endless eight was, found out and definitely don't want to bother with it now.

Honestly even the non-endless eight parts of season 2 were maddening, they were entertaining but it was just filler that tried to explain parts of the first season that didn't need to be explained especially because the movie wasn't particularly interesting in the first place.

However the first episode was just as good as the first season and we at least got Shamisen the cat, he was awesome.

Curious to hear your thoughts. XD; I didn't like Endless eight since it dragged on but I liked the other episodes of season 2 so curious how you're opinion will go on a different perspective.

Honestly even the non-endless eight parts of season 2 were maddening, they were entertaining but it was just filler that tried to explain parts of the first season that didn't need to be explained especially because the movie wasn't particularly interesting in the first place.

However the first episode was just as good as the first season and we at least got Shamisen the cat, he was awesome.

I didn't think the movie was too interesting either but I did enjoy the four episodes about developing the movie. >_>

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

The first episode of S2 was typical Haruhi fare, which seemed promising.

Then Endless Eight happened... You know the rest.

The rest of the episodes are basically a "making of" of The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina. I haven't really watched them but simply skimmed through them (like I did with the whole season). There was one part where Kyon wanted to literally beat the shit out of Haruhi due to her treatment towards Mikuru, which up until that point was just played for laughs. DRRRRAAAAAAMMMAAAAAA.

Screw the endless eight. Why did they waste time repeating 8 episodes? It's like they ran out of ideas by episode two of season two. That is way to early to be running out of ideas.

Edited by Torcano

There are people who like to claim that there is genuine enjoyment to be found in Endless Eight. That each episode was completely re-animated and re-voiced, and that the arc was a representation of the pain Yuki went through during all of those repeated cycles.

Personally, I like to call it "wasted budget".

Screw the endless eight. Why did they waste time repeating 8 episodes? It's like they ran out of ideas by episode two of season two. That is way to early to be running out of ideas.

It's pretty damned hard to run out ideas for the show when you have nine novels full of them.

Oh man, Endless Eight? The idea was clever, but I honestly think it could've done with half the number of episodes, four at most.

I took 10 shots. I realized that it was going to get pretty ridiculous after the 10th shot and I was only 8 minutes in. I have a huge ass hangover. I just went back and counted the flashes and booby jiggles and thank god that I decided to quit. That episode had 30 moments of such fanservice. I decided to look ahead in the manga and lets just say if you don't like hentai, stop watching now.

I just finished watching Desert Punk. I had it for awhile but I never had time to watch it.

I loved it all the way until the final episode where the main character did something that I didn't like....

It felt a bit too extreme for his character.

Really? I thought there was enough of a leadup there to make Kanta do what he did seem believable to me. He wasn't a good guy by any means, even if throughout the series I was always rooting for him and thought he was the coolest ever. The ending more for me made me feel really sad more than anything. I won't go in depth for those who haven't watched it however. But I gotta say those last couple episodes had me feeling pretty awesome despite the ending making me sad somewhat. I really really really hope they go back and redo the series or something now that the manga has been continued etc. Its pretty much my favourite anime and Kanta is probably one of my favourite protagonists in the history of anything. How such a crude, selfish character can be so...well, loveable, is something I'm going to chalk up to some pretty awesome writing of him as well as the world around him being just as big of a piece of shit haha. Plus Eric Vale's voice for him just adds that much more to it.

Wow, just wow! I've discovered something that is really odd and cool. It is called Cat Sh!t One, and it is about bunnies and camels........... doing modern day combat in a desert. The CGI looks fantastic BTW.

Just watch this.

Edited by AdventChild

Wow, it's like Disney for adults. lol

I liked it, which is strange since I tend to hate most CGI animations, thanks for sharing Advent. :)

....blast....there was something else I wanted to say but now I forgot it....I'll come back later.... ^^;

I'm extremely curious about Endless Eight. Everytime someone's tried to explain it to me I haven't fully understood what's so bad about it.

I don't actually see how it can be that bad, but it probably is.

Anyway, I haven't been in this thread for a while. I just finished Dullalala, and here's my thoughts which I've shamelessly copypasted from my Tumblr.

Really nice ending, much more satisfying that a lot of anime with complex plots I’ve seen.

I definitely think a second series can and probably will happen. For one thing the light novel is still running, plus many plot points aren’t fully concluded, and many characters introduced in the second half as main characters barely got any development or screentime at all.

I’ll quite like a second series so long as the plot pacing and writing remains as good as in the first series. Basically so long as it doesn’t become the next Naruto or DragonBall Z, but I have little fear of that happening.

PS. If anyone’s wondering why I call it Dullalala, it’s because I think that’s what the title will be when localised for western audience. I think it’s a play on the words “Dullahan” and “Dollars”, which the series largely revolve around.

Of course I could be completely wrong.

Anyway, I'm now planning on juggling between Heroman and Soul Eater, which looks cool. I'm also gonna watch the first half of Dullalala again, because I imagine it'll make infinitely more sense to me now.

Saw the 2nd episode of Heroman earlier today. It's a bit dull and extremely predictable, but it's mostly enjoyable, I guess. It's good to hear that it improves. The characters are likeable too.

But, and I might be the only one, I don't like how the series has to remind you it's set in America at every bloody opportunity. I get it ok.

But, and I might be the only one, I don't like how the series has to remind you it's set in America at every bloody opportunity. I get it ok.

But America is awesome...

IN AMERICA!