Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Gurren Lagann makes me sad, D;.

So I'm on episode 10, just to find out my favorite character died. I'm sure everyone on this thread knew it was coming too, D;. It's soooo good, but it makes me cry. MANLY TEARS, but still, >=. Damn it, why couldn't they just kill that forehead-guy instead, RRRAAAGGGEEEE

-Blur

Gurren-Lagann makes me sad too, because I sat through 27 episodes of it (whole series) and it only just about managed to redeem itself enough for me to feel like I hadn't wasted my time watching it. =<

Edited by Mahzes

Gurren Lagann makes me sad, D;.

So I'm on episode 10, just to find out my favorite character died. I'm sure everyone on this thread knew it was coming too, D;. It's soooo good, but it makes me cry. MANLY TEARS, but still, >=. Damn it, why couldn't they just kill that forehead-guy instead, RRRAAAGGGEEEE

-Blur

Haha Rossiu is a dink. I didn't like him the entire way through the series.

I just realized something. I don't think Bobobobo Bobobo had a single joke that they didn't explain. I've never seen a comedy series that so strategically and systematically destroy every joke they made. They even had a character (Beauty) who's express purpose was to explain every joke by mentioning how strange it was.

And so this post isn't 100% negative,

Edited by Phos

Gurren Lagann makes me sad too. The last episode is one of the only things in recent years that had me almost in tears, and it was all I could think about for days.

The other was Toy Story 3 :D

Gurren Lagann makes me sad too. The last episode is one of the only things in recent years that had me almost in tears, and it was all I could think about for days.

The other was Toy Story 3 :D

Angel Beats. I dare you to watch and try not to cry. If you cried through the finale of TTGL then you will ball up like a 2 year old orphan who was just rejected at being adopted.

@Wolfy, it gets better. Trust me. Since you liked Kamina, I'm assuming that you didn't find him to be sexist and chauvanist(Straw feminists take the piss out of everything). I've personally outgrown Kamina and moved on to whole nother level of awesome.

The more I read up on Zero(from Megaman) the more thet I want an anime of the series. Screw NT Warrior. Give me a badass with a beam saber and I will dub it the greatest fucking thing ever.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 1

Since you liked Kamina, I'm assuming that you didn't find him to be sexist and chauvanist(Straw feminists take the piss out of everything)

Oh, I did find him to be that way, no doubt, but that's what made him such a funny and likable character. It's pretty damn amazing if a show can get me so latched on to a character in just 8 or so episodes.

-Blur

EDIT: I just realized what turbojet was saying.... Boy do I feel like a moron. >_> Though I may have been thinking of the Highschool Gurren Lagann Manga where Kamina would constantly tell Yoko to butt out.

Edited by Inferno da danged recolor

I absolutely hate Kamina. His only redeemable quality was how motivational he was to Simon. Otherwise he was a stupid, rash, hotheaded jerk who got what he deserved.

Now Simon. Once he stops being Shinji he takes manly to an entirely different level that Kamina wasn't anywhere near. (Ironically enough, if you eat Rei, Shinji just about gets that manly too...)

Edited by Good News Everynoir!
  • Thumbs Up 2

No one else thought he was fucking hilarious, XD? Of course I don't agree with his ways of thinking, but I thought he was a likable for this personality. No one else thinks his over-the-top ridiculous speeches were awesome, XP? Maybe I'm missing something since I'm only on episode 11, but I thought he was funny, *shurgs*

-Blur

• Thumbs Up 1

Kamina's over the top speeches were awesome at first, but after watching the series a bunch of times I found my self wanting to throw something at my computer/tv screen, both dub or subbed. I know it's supposed to be ridiculous, I can only take an amount ridiculousness after watching it enough.

But like Noir said, I only liked Kamina for how much he cared and had faith in Simon, making Simon the bigger badarse that he is at the end of the series.

you guys totally didn't get Kamina, at all. Sometimes I wonder if you were even paying attention.

• Thumbs Up 2

you guys totally didn't get Kamina, at all. Sometimes I wonder if you were even paying attention.

This. Hint: It was all an act. I posted my thoughts on how I interpreted him way back somewhere in this thread.

Opinions!

But yeah I liked him at first, he's just really overrated and like I said the only good thing was how much he inspired Simon.

I disliked him at first but liked him at the end, once you realize what's really going on in his head.

This. Hint: It was all an act. I posted my thoughts on how I interpreted him way back somewhere in this thread.

I'm aware Kamina would hide his fear in order to keep Simon from losing his cool. I am aware that there's more to Kamina than his yelling and being manly. That doesn't change him in my eyes cause I still see him as an annoying loudmouth.

Why is it that most of the Kamina fans i've seen get so uptight whenever someone says they don't like him? It's just my opinion and it really bugs the frick out of me whenever someone tries to change my mind about it. :/

I get uptight, because I think annoying loudmouth is a shallow way at looking at the character, his personality, and his role within the series.

Its not that he was hiding his fear to keep Simon from losing his cool just so Simon wouldn't be afraid, it was because Kamina himself needed Simon to stay cool in order for him to have confidence. Kamina, out of all the characters in the show, had the least amount of self-confidence imo and was using Simon as a crutch. He needed Simon to keep believing in him, not for Simon's sake, but for his sake. Etc etc, I could go on with how I interpreted but I'm not about to change your mind.

You're not wrong because you dislike of the character, I like lots of characters people hate and dislike lots of characters people love. I just felt like putting my two cents in on something. If you don't want people to respond to it, don't post it. Its a public forum after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I get uptight, because I think annoying loudmouth is a shallow way at looking at the character, his personality, and his role within the series.

Well, I'm sorry I'm bugging you about it, but my opinion is my opinion and I just got really tired of Kamina. Admittedly, I used to like Kamina but after watching the series alot, I Kamina's loud personality seemed to stand out more than his actuall personality. Maybe it's my short attention span, maybe it's me rather watching a show for the action rather than thinking, but I just can't bring myself to like Kamina.

I'm sorry, but no matter what anyone's going to say, I just don't like him, be it his real personality or his fake one.

Oh yes Gurren Lagan. What an odd show. Loved it though. But Simon gets on my nerves when he goes through his emo phase. :/

Oh yes Gurren Lagan. What an odd show. Loved it though. But Simon gets on my nerves when he goes through his emo phase. :/

Oh God, please use another word to describe a character who has been through a traumatic event and lost his brother/friend/girlfriend/wife/mother in battle/life/some unforseen event. No, honestly, you sound like an emotionally stunted individual who refuses to think that some people actually do feel sadness at one point of their lives. Having a character that actually isn't jovial all the time is something that I call "realistic." I say this because I just came out of a damn debate with friends that insist that Cloud Strife and Lightning Ferron are emo when they have every reason to not act like they aren't high on rainbows and bunnies.

As for Kamina, Remz, I like Kamina and I absolutely adored him when his true self was revealed. I just do not appreciate the folks that shout sexism just because of one line that could easily be overlooked and played for laughs. I come from a Naruto fanbase that denounces characters for being the least bit feminine(*cough*shippers*cough*). Its annoying to say the least.

Edited by turbojet

Cloud was a pretty whiny bitch, though.

*runs*

I blame that,Tornado, on the fact that the original Advent Children is so goddamn confusing. Advent Children Complete pretty much clarifies why Cloud is acting this way and all of it is pretty justified. I could go on rants about this, but right now, I don't feel like it. Maybe later.

But Simon gets on my nerves when he goes through his emo phase. :/

Don't watch Eva.

Will respond to Remy later, on an ipod now