Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I have to agree with you on this. The Japanese version just sounds better. That, and Osaka's Southern accent will likely get old. (Only seen episode one)

I never got done watching Azumanga Daioh. I had a far easier time getting into the comic strips.

Thank god for Omnibus Collections, sure as hell kept me entertained during the summer.

Wantanbe is working on Star Driver? Dammit, how come nobody tells me these things? First it was Studio Bones having a hand in Heroman(something that should had been mentioned from the get-go) and now this.

I think Panty & Stocking could easily get an English release, especially that they seem to use the language pretty much in the songs and the backgrounds. I guess this would be something for Adult Swim.

So, I was looking for an action oriented anime and came across Chrome Shelled Regios... I didn't really get it... One part they're showing the meat of the story and then next they show like 1 minute of pure engrish in almost every episode. It was kind of good to say the least, must say if not for Felli, I probably would not have finished it... And while on the subject of a show with bug monsters I checked out The Third... boring is what I have to say, the lead is quite boring. It's like one of those shows that tries to be more than what it is by trying to complicate a simple story. I haven't finished it and it just strays away from certain things like why the girl has a third blue eye instead of a red one and so on... Bleh...

In other news, I am now a Panty and Stocking fan, episode 7 solidified that.

I think Panty & Stocking could easily get an English release, especially that they seem to use the language pretty much in the songs and the backgrounds. I guess this would be something for Adult Swim.

If it came to Adult Swim, I would expect it to be HEAVILY censored. I'd rather have a DVD-Only release. Maybe from Bandai?

If they make a DVD release of Panty & Stocking, I won't be able to get it. My parents would never allow it. (Of course, that wouldn't stop me from using the all-powerful internets to see it in English.)

I can't imagine P&S getting on Adult Swim without tons of censoring either, it's not worth it. Though to be honest now that I consider it I really can't wait for a dub assuming it has a decent cast.

Also after asking my friend for recommendations, I'm watching Toradora. I don't even like tsunderes so I have no idea why. And I just happened to have forgotten I wanted to watch Getter Robo after Bebop... but whatever, I'll get around to it eventually!

what's the point of adult swim if the stuff on it is censored, grr.

Because, it seems, that even Adult Swim has to have limits on what is said and shown on television.

maybe in... america

I don't see the big deal over P&S, they could probably keep the bleeps from the japanese version and the rest of it would be mostly fine.

I can't imagine P&S getting on Adult Swim without tons of censoring either, it's not worth it. Though to be honest now that I consider it I really can't wait for a dub assuming it has a decent cast.

Also after asking my friend for recommendations, I'm watching Toradora. I don't even like tsunderes so I have no idea why. And I just happened to have forgotten I wanted to watch Getter Robo after Bebop... but whatever, I'll get around to it eventually!

I think it's pretty damn good, but if you don't like tsunderes you might not like it. The first half is pretty lighthearted but in later episodes you can expect a lot of dramatic build up which has been a turn off for some people, while others like myself enjoyed it.

You seem more like a mech fan anyway dude, just saying. ;) If you haven't already, look at Eden of the East, I thought that was pretty good, looked even better on an actual bluray disc.

And I would buy Panty and Stocking on Bluray rather than look at it on tv, censorship and commercials are just ugh...

Edit: anyway, I'm looking at some romcom... I don't even know how to spell it's name...Itazura na Kiss, and yeah... not much to say until I finish it...

Edited by Silencer226

SEEEEEEEEX HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR. Watching Amagami SS precisely for this reason. It's nothing great but it's not so bad that it repels me, and it has some genuinely cute moments. It appears to side-step the harem-tastic convention of running all girls' storylines parallel to each other, as it opts instead for a continuity reboot every time the main character has to hook up with the Chick of the Month. That means yes, they're all allowed to bang him. And thus every subsidiary of the fandom is pleased!

By the way, this is the first anime in a disturbingly long time I've gone out of my way for to really watch and have yet to give up on. I'm not sure how I should feel about this.

I don't even like tsunderes so I have no idea why.

Tsundere is what describes my relationship with anime to a T these days.

Tsundere is what describes my relationship with anime to a T these days.

I-i-it's not like I watch it because I l-l-like it or a-anything, stupid!!

Well... I suppose these series are passable. I don't dislike them - but not because they're amazing, they're... they're just not totally horrible. So d-don't take that the wrong way, you idiot! *blush*

Don't be banging on the tsundere! It's so hilariously cliché and snark-worthy that it just comes all the way back around to awesome and enduring.

I wish I could remember what these terms mean without having to look them up every time I hear them. As it is, the only one I can consistently remember is Tsundere.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry for 2x posting.

Has anyone talked about or heard of The Tatami Galaxy yet?

I've just heard about it today, and still watching the first ep. I'm really digging the art style since it is very identical to Zetsubou Sensei.

Edited by AdventChild