Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Ditto. Just finished watching it.

Epic shit-hot action scenes? I approve. Seeing that goddamned fanservice clip reused from episode one (as well as the demon fanservice clip), less so. But eh. A shoot-out, car chase and swordfighting in a school, all in one episode? Yes please.

Has it been confirmed how many episodes P&S will have yet?

On another note, last week's episode of Digimon Xros Wars has finally been fansubbed. Yay.

Seeing that goddamned fanservice clip reused from episode one (as well as the demon fanservice clip), less so.

I was close to calling that out too, until the demon one kicked in. Feels very much like the series begins "for real" now as to say, so I'd say it was a pretty clever choice. As long as they dont stick to it in every single episode from now on.

Anyway that was, as everyone said, easily the best episode yet. The animation in this episode is exactly what I've come to expect from Gainax's over-the-top mega-detail and it tops Episode 4 Part A in the humor department and the plot feels like it'll be sound and solid from this point on. Consider my interest in the anime upgraded tenfold after the less than impressive Episode 5.

Really? O_O I'm somewhat interested in reading it again...

Yeah Kabuto made it awesome again, in one chapter no less.

Eh, I personally found the demon fanservicey transformation even more cringeworthy. D:

I guess it largely depends on how people viewed the original anime cutscene to begin with, since it's clear alot of people really don't seem to enjoy that one scene. Taking it non-seriously to begin with would probably make this one seem like it makes more sense, as the original was obviously a massive satire, and this one pretty much comes to show "hey this is why we're considered awesome, you lame fucks" and they pretty much counter the whole thing with "oh well two can play that game".

I look forward to the exploitive adventures of Negapanty and Negastocking.

Edited by Carbo

Just watched Metropolis for the first time a few hours ago. The animation and soundtrack were simply gorgeous yet I feel like it did expand on the relationships and motivations of the characters quite enough. it felt like it needed a bit more time in that regard. Despite those nitpicks, I'd say it was well worth watching.

Only one word to describe todays episode of P&S:

AWESOME!

Or

EPIC!

Actually, there are too many words to explain it. And the plot also begins. I think at the end with the silhouette of the main villian suggests he's

Gaterbelt's twin brother or evil version, much like how Scanty & Kneesock are to Panty and Stocking.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Panty and Stocking was amazing. Gainax is amazing.

Naruto is back to being good again.

One Piece is cool.

Star Driver was great.

Just one more anime and I might have a weekly 5 again.

vybcew.gif

running.gif

holy fuckin shit, amazing.

this kind of shit is what I was waiting for from ep 1. Fuck yeah, Imaishi. Dead leaves lives on.

now to catch up with star driver.

I found it pretty hot, myself.

Well, considering I'm gay I wasn't exactly going to find it as such. D8

That said even if I wasn't (or if it were male fanservice), I guess anime fanservice doesn't do anything for me. It just feels awkward and out of place. It's just not what I watch anime for, really.

Naruto is back to being good again.

I'm guessing you mean the manga, since the anime is stuck in the most horrific, episodic Part One filler right now. D8

On a side note, I got GinTama volume 20 in the post yesterday. God, I miss the GinTama anime. GinTama is awesome. Everyone should watch GinTama.

It pains me at how unknown the series is outside of Japan. ;____;

Edited by Mahzes

Ok, so I saw episode 6 of Panty and Stocking, it was better, I'm still not all that gaga over it but at least it's moved past just monster of the week status.

Episode 5 of Star Driver had the biggest cop out fight ending ever. Holy fanservice that was funny though, hahahaha.

Unexpectedly, I'm pretty much watching Star Driver for the cast. TBH I came in expecting mecha mecha mecha, and although I'm getting a mostly slice of life show I don't really care. Still enjoying it due to the writing actually being pretty decent! One part I really like is the caged girl's story about the intergalactic squid hunter.

also ep 4 was pretty much all talky no action and I was kind of bored watching it. Is remz going soft in his old age!? Stay tuned for more!!

want to put this out there: Team Stocking baby. Panty's a ho.

edit: holy shit, this is grammatically the worst post I have even written, can't even tell I was half asleep when writing it. fixin er uupppp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA6K17UO9D4

Fuck R's, the music in this scene was the best thing ever. I've never been more excited for an OST. Release date fucking when?!

Also, anyone here into Zetsubo Sensei? I planned to watch it along with Bebop and got through three episodes but for whatever reason I just can't get into the rest. I really enjoyed the first three so it's odd that I just sort of lost motivation.

EDIT: Is it just me or does the demon Chuck have the same voice as Boota?

Edited by Noir

I'm guessing you mean the manga, since the anime is stuck in the most horrific, episodic Part One filler right now. D8

I don't watch the anime unless I'm absolutely sure that a fight is going to happen. Even then, it is usually up to the animation. Naruto is so stupidly filled with unnecessary crap that I literally pick and choose when to watch. Although I always keep up with the manga, I can't sit and watch multiple episodes because pierdot is fucking stingy with the animation budget.

@Remz, I agree that episode 4 of Star Driver. I kept thinking, "When are they going to go to that rainbow place and did that just sound really gay or what? I want Oreos." Episode 5 was pretty funny. When in doubt, just pose and hope that the enemy is distracted by the sexy.

Team Stocking all the way.

Edited by turbojet

I used to be in the Stocking camp. Probably no surprise as I had a Stocking av for an extended time, but I just cant get enough of Panty's anarchic attitude in the frequent episodes. I thought she was a massive bitch at some points, mostly in the first few episodes, but now she's really the closest thing in the show to some form of Kamina. She reminds me of some characters I write at times.

So yeah, Team Panty. Sorry guise! I'm still schizophrenic about it.

EDIT: Goddammit Japan is fast as fuck. So many high quality pictures of Scanty and Kneesocks.

Unsurprisingly Kneesocks is the most popular out of them right now it seems. I don't know whether that tells more about design or socks.

Edited by Carbo

I used to be in the Stocking camp. Probably no surprise as I had a Stocking av for an extended time, but I just cant get enough of Panty's anarchic attitude in the frequent episodes. I thought she was a massive bitch at some points, mostly in the first few episodes, but now she's really the closest thing in the show to some form of Kamina. She reminds me of some characters I write at times.

So yeah, Team Panty. Sorry guise! I'm still schizophrenic about it.

I know this has nothing to do with anything you are talking about, but Kamina was a virgin. Panty has had more men excavate her than the Grand Canyon.

Oh yeah, the cunning linquist strikes again.

Edited by turbojet

EDIT: Goddammit Japan is fast as fuck. So many high quality pictures of Scanty and Kneesocks.

Hahaha, I remember when this show first aired. For the first few eps there was so much shitty fanart because no one could nail the style.

Also, anyone here into Zetsubo Sensei? I planned to watch it along with Bebop and got through three episodes but for whatever reason I just can't get into the rest. I really enjoyed the first three so it's odd that I just sort of lost motivation.

LWV0T.jpg

December 29th

Totally beat me to it. :(

I still think Panty and Stocking have the better transformation song. Not to mention, I love those transformation sequences. Now, I know that sounds crazy as a straight female, but I find these sequences to be funny! I'm not sure why, but I do! Plus that song that plays is just so good that I can ignore the fan service.

I mean if you want unavoidable fan service watch High School of the Dead. o___o I liked the plot, but my God... the titties were too much. This is saying something because I used to LOVE hentai.

Anyway, I can't believe that P&S has a plot now and I'm not sure how I feel about it. The randomness really drew me into to the show, but then again if it's so random I'm sure it could get old. Part of why I had a hard time watching Jigoku Shoujo was because there wasn't much plot; the lack of structure really made the series move slowly, thus I never finished season one. Season two wasn't so bad and season three... well we saw the first episode and never another one.

On a side note, I got GinTama volume 20 in the post yesterday. God, I miss the GinTama anime. GinTama is awesome. Everyone should watch GinTama.

It pains me at how unknown the series is outside of Japan. ;____;

GinTama is hilarious. Anime Network on Demand has it subtitled and I try to watch it whenever I remember it. Mahzes is completely right, you NEED to watch it. Even if only once!!!