Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Just watched my first two episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Looks awesome already.

Edited by Silencer226

Like how people go in watching Haruhi season 2, right?

You go into Haruhi s2 thinking "Awesome, should be more of the fun and mystery of the first season!" and come out in a fiery fury with the sole desire of making someone pay for your wasted time.

You into NGE thinking "Well this sure is popular... I guess that means it's good... right?", see the first few battles and think "Hey, this is pretty cool! I hope it gets even better!" and come out too dumbfounded and depressed to be angered by your disappointment.

So no.

Nothing like Haruhi.

I wasn't comparing Haruhi to Evangelion, but I was referring to the "you don't know what you're getting into" responses that pop up in this topic from time to time.

Kind of. Except the thing with Eva is the good stuff runs for like ~20 episodes before you get punked, in Haruhi S2 it runs for one.

I'm convinced all of haruhi S2 was just a set up for the movie

Which one of you cheeky bastards changed the subtitle?

Because it is excellent.

Nothing like Haruhi.

I was referring to the childlike innocence that people who go into NGE have, and that is something that is shared by Haruhi fans who announce they are going to watch season 2. I'm pretty sure I specifically made the same comparison Sean alluded to in an earlier post of mine in this thread, but I'm far too lazy to look for it.

Which one of you cheeky bastards changed the subtitle?

Because it is excellent.

Fucking this. I love you mysterious subtitle-changer.

Well then disregard my last post, sucking cocks, etc.

But hey at least Rebuild doesn't disappoint.

Anime is awesome. Way better then western animation, in my opinion.

I mean, I don't get why people are so nostalgic about western animated shows that they remember in their childhoods when this century introduced a ton of great new anime series that everyone likes. It does not hurt to have a 'new' favorite show once in a while.

Don't know what my favorite anime is, but there are way too many to list at this point (but I'm not a greedy hog about it). One thing for sure is that Sonic X and Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie OVA are two of them.

Edited by Vulpine

I mean, I don't get why people are so nostalgic about western animated shows that they remember in their childhoods when this century introduced a ton of great new anime series that everyone likes. It does not hurt to have a 'new' favorite show once in a while.

Anime is awesome. Way better then western animation, in my opinion.

Don't know what my favorite anime is, but there are way too many to list at this point (but I'm not a greedy hog about it). One thing for sure is that Sonic X and Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie OVA are two of them.

In the interest of maintaining the thread I'd apprieciate it if western cartoon chatter was kept out- I have nothing against American cartoons or whatever (adventure time <3 ) but point is that this is the anime thread... not just general cartoon chatter.

Cheers.

About to check out the latest Star Driver. At this point i'm enjoying the fish girl/Head scenes more than the actual plot hahaha.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was referring to the childlike innocence that people who go into NGE have, and that is something that is shared by Haruhi fans who announce they are going to watch season 2. I'm pretty sure I specifically made the same comparison Sean alluded to in an earlier post of mine in this thread, but I'm far too lazy to look for it.

Oh, its possible. I've seen people jump headfirst into anime by watching NGE as their first thing (outside of the stuff like Pokemon and DBZ), because "it sounds like a pretty popular" and "looks like a cool action show." As well known as the complete mind explosion that the end of the show is by people who do watch anime, it generally doesn't transcend to people who don't watch anime.

Kind of. Except the thing with Eva is the good stuff runs for like ~20 episodes before you get punked, in Haruhi S2 it runs for one.

Well, I tend to see the blandness coming in a series, so I may end up stopping watching NGE around 20. (Either that or I'll just get bored, or distracted by a different anime and watch that.)

But you will miss the best part! ;)

Notice that I said may stop watching. I'm on episode 7 now, and it looks pretty exciting, so that's a definite maybe. But I'll definitely watch the movie.

Well, I tend to see the blandness coming in a series, so I may end up stopping watching NGE around 20. (Either that or I'll just get bored, or distracted by a different anime and watch that.)

I wouldn't exactly call the ending bland, per se. Plainness is not an issue with evangelion.

I finished watching Chi's Sweet Home a few days ago...

CUTEST. ANIME. EVER. <3 Seriously, your brain will melt with cutie-ness!

Now I'm off to watch NGE~ ..I kid. =P I've wanted to watch it for a while, even though I've heard almost everywhere how WTFLOL the ending is. Is it really that bad? Worse even than the ending of Wolf's Rain?? O-O

I've never seen Wolf's Rain but yeah, it is pretty bad. Not bad just confusing and it comes out of fucking nowhere until you see the first half of EoE. Then the ending makes more sense, until the second half of the movie throws even more nutty stuff your way.

But it's worth watching at any rate.

Okay, I definitely placed a post in here that said something about a support group for Eva before the subtitle of the thread changed.