Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Well the second half of Panty and Stocking was very different from it's usual style. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it though. I'm looking forward to seeing how the actual plot will begin on the next episode.

Speaking of Bebop, question: When should I watch the movie? It takes place between episodes 22 and 23, so should it be 22 -> movie -> 23, or would it be better to watch the movie after finishing the whole show.

Speaking of Bebop, question: When should I watch the movie? It takes place between episodes 22 and 23, so should it be 22 -> movie -> 23, or would it be better to watch the movie after finishing the whole show.

IIRC the movie is more of a standalone story that doesn't affect the overall plot much. I suggest watching the movie afterward though.

This may already have been stated, but five days ago, an anime series got the green light for a movie. What series, you ask?

Strike%20Witches.jpg

Edited by Axl

Whoa.

Though he is apparently a fan, so we might even get a Whoa! (note the exclamation point) out of him.

Though this is probably a joke, I'll throw my two cents in reguarding Keeanu being a Cowboy Bebop fan anyway. (Despite me not being much of a fan of the series, lol.)

Don't get your hopes up people. The person being a fan =/= promise. Just look at "The Last Airbender." M. Night said he was a huge fan of Avatar if I recall from an interview and... well, you all know what happened. This has happened many times as well with other adaptation bombs. The folks involved with the adaptation claims they're fans and then it gives some fans hope. then once the movie comes out, the fans who had hopes get hit with a crushing blow of dissapointment.

Anyway, I know some people wond consider Boondocks an anime, but screw it. Alot of people mention it on this topic so I'm just gonna ask.

Are the Boondocks Comic strips any good? At first I didn't care for the series, but it's been growing on me recently. In addition I've been aware of the comic strips ever since the series was first announced and I was wondering if I should take a look at the original source material.

Edit:

^Is that...Strike Witches?! Is that the show that (from what I've heard anyway) where which has flying underage girls and underwear and stuff? Someone in hollywood is actually considering making a movie (quite possibly Live action)?! ...Really?!

I'm... I'm kinda disturbed...

Edited by Inferno da danged recolor

Don't get your hopes up people. The person being a fan =/= promise. Just look at "The Last Airbender." M. Night said he was a huge fan of Avatar if I recall from an interview and... well, you all know what happened. This has happened many times as well with other adaptation bombs. The folks involved with the adaptation claims they're fans and then it gives some fans hope. then once the movie comes out, the fans who had hopes get hit with a crushing blow of dissapointment.

But M. Night's a jackass and Keanu is the Highlander!

^Is that...Strike Witches?! Is that the show that (from what I've heard anyway) where which has flying underage girls and underwear and stuff? Someone in hollywood is actually considering making a movie (quite possibly Live action)?! ...Really?!

I'm... I'm kinda disturbed...

Yep. But there's no way in HELL that it'll be live-action. I hope...

That series was awesome for a lot of reasons. They better not screw this up with live-action.

Edited by Axl

I wouldn't even put it that way, because it implies the manga is better.

I mean, shit, I'd argue that the fucking filler arcs and non-serial movies of Bleach are better than the normal arcs. At least they have interesting characterization. Irrelevant, telegraphed and largely cliched characterization, but characterization nonetheless. I recall watching the Bount Arc, and the only reason I had a problem with it was that the story dragged a bit and the artwork was of a lower quality. Then, Bam! The "official" arc turns into 30 episodes of the same shit happening over and over and over, all of the interesting characters are put on a bus or thrown the fuck out of the show, and all of the interesting sideplots are ignored for so long that no one can remember what they even were. But hey, Ichigo saved the day after screaming for 20 minutes! Exciting! And then Kubo starts doing stuff that absolutely has to be because he likes pissing people off. Its just so.... aaarrrgh.

At least when DBZ and Inuyasha were shit, they were still fun to watch. Bleach is just... fuck.

The arc after the bount arc was kinda funny because of how similar the new bad guy's powers were in practice to the bount leader guy's powers. And then constant ass pulls tiem!!! A Quincy who has lost his powers can be shot with an arrow just below the heart to get them back! Chad's powers are similar to those of a hollow! How exactly, and why didn't you notice the same about Ichigo!? And then Chad gets an awesome new power and is promptly curb stomped, because that's how fiction works.

And when I said that bit about having not liked any so and so, I forgot that I liked the first half of Code Geass. But then R2 happened and it felt like the story kind of started over only not as good.

Strike%20Witches.jpg

But wouldn't the rotors collide with the fuselages of the opposite leg plane?

And of course, they have both cat ears and human ears. Yo dawg, we heard u liek hearin stuff...

Are the Boondocks Comic strips any good? At first I didn't care for the series, but it's been growing on me recently. In addition I've been aware of the comic strips ever since the series was first announced and I was wondering if I should take a look at the original source material.

How can anyone say that they didn't care for the show? The only complaints that I've seen of the show is that they call it racist against white people(which ironically, it is quite the opposite if anything) and the jokes are either too political or too stereotypical which it is supposed to be since it is usually parodies the latter and the political jokes are pretty subtle. The comic strip is great except McGruder is left wing...I mean very left wing...Just a little right of Castro. The jokes won't make since because they are dated and kind of for those who know their politics or even their political officials.

And no. Boondocks may be look more like an anime than most animes. It may be made by Madhouse subcontractors. It may have typical elements of an anime, but it is not an anime.

How can anyone say that they didn't care for the show? The only complaints that I've seen of the show is that they call it racist against white people(which ironically, it is quite the opposite if anything) and the jokes are either too political or too stereotypical which it is supposed to be since it is usually parodies the latter and the political jokes are pretty subtle. The comic strip is great except McGruder is left wing...I mean very left wing...Just a little right of Castro. The jokes won't make since because they are dated and kind of for those who know their politics or even their political officials.

And no. Boondocks may be look more like an anime than most animes. It may be made by Madhouse subcontractors. It may have typical elements of an anime, but it is not an anime.

It's all in taste, there is no universal thing liked by everyone. There is something I can watch or see I think is one of the greatest things to ever be made, but I find what I generally enjoy more than anything else is not a mainstream opinion often which makes it hard to talk about interests as no one else can relate.

Boondocks I think is a very funny and intelligent show, but for me it's a show I watch in passing (when it's on and I'm not busy) as opposed to one that I really follow. Others may not enjoy it, and not just because of racism or jokes they don't understand, it just may not be their style.

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper

Panty & Stocking 5B was hilariously dull, compared to the rest of the series. It was kind of gross near the end, with the battle (which was way to short), but for the most part, I was unimpressed.

Naruto anime is killing itself with out-of-context Part One filler, which looks to be continuing for at least another couple of months. D8

Naruto manga, on the other hand, has got awesome now.

This weeks episode of Bleah(yes, that's a typo but it works) was bittersweet because I enjoyed it more than I should have.

Why? Because it was just one long pointless flash back to all the cool moments from the Soul Society Arc and it was still more entertaining than anything since the Grimmjow fight. You know your show is in the toilet when they lazily dedicate an entire episode to a clipshow of the good parts instead of attempting to advance the plot. <_<

I got Canaan on blu-ray, told myself I would not watch the last 2 episodes of the series until I had a legal copy of it on blu-ray about 2 months ago, and my blu-ray came in on Monday. I sat down and watched this and was not disappointed. Canaan, I don't know why but this series just gave me what I wanted to see, action, good animation, decent storyline, girls with guns, and people with crazy mutant abilities due to an experiment gone wrong.

Then i saw Uta~Kata, ya know I expecting a magical girl fighting baddies, this was not the case, instead the girl has more shit to deal with than she knows how to handle. She begins to lose control and in some cases cause widespread chaos. I liked it, so I bought it.

Lyrical Nanoha Strike S... I will pretend this season of Nanoha doesn't exist and will only believe in Lyrical Nanoha Season 1 and Season 2. It just didn't feel right, I don't give a shit about the time skip of 10 years, I just cannot stand a third of the season being based on training, another third being based on a dialogue....

Oh and I got Pandora Hearts, it's pretty good and I'll leave it at that because I hate describing things...

Oh and I haven't checked out Panty and Stocking, kind of lost interest I guess I'll look at episode 6 and then decide from there on what I'll do, as for Index Season 2, I want to see what the hardcore nuns do... I mean if you have the balls to completely puncture your eardrum by stabbing pens in your ears then you have to be up to something right? BTW the character Index is using magic and if the nuns hear her chanting they'll be fucked hence why they fucked up their hearing...

Edited by Silencer226

I lost all my interest in Index after Toumah lost his memory, became an oblivious fuck, introduced a bunch of characters I had a hard time caring for and made Index a tagalong kid. If Season 2 changed that I'll try giving it another go.

As for Panty & Stocking, I'm glad that they're supposedly introducing a straightforward plot in today's episode since the episode last week was pretty shit and was probably the only episode that was only lolheresrandominnuendo4u. Part B I sort of enjoyed but for all the wrong reasons. Maybe cause I just enjoyed how post-modern it felt. Episode 4 is still my favorite since Part A was probably the first so far that didn't use and need innuendo, instead being actually and genuinely funny.

And I STILL KEEP PUTTING OFF BLACK LAGOON GODDAMMIT WHY AM I NOT WATCHING SEASON 3 YET

Edited by Carbo

anyone watching.... Kuragehime? it's about a nerdy girl who has her life turned around by... a beautiful...

crossdresser

:lol:

You know your show is in the toilet when they lazily dedicate an entire episode to a clipshow of the good parts instead of attempting to advance the plot. <_<

No. You know your show is in the toilet when they lazily dedicate an entire episode to a clip show and it ends up being better than the typical new episode.

Edited by Tornado

crossdresser

Male or female?

And yeah, Star Driver is pretty boring really. I was expecting it to be about mecha battles and some lolschool on the side, but instead it's like a slice of life but with a convoluted plot thrown in for shits and giggles.

Naruto manga, on the other hand, has got awesome now.

Really? O_O I'm somewhat interested in reading it again...

I lost all my interest in Index after Toumah lost his memory, became an oblivious fuck, introduced a bunch of characters I had a hard time caring for and made Index a tagalong kid. If Season 2 changed that I'll try giving it another go.

Well I suppose that is a turn off, but I liked season 1 and season 2 is shaping up rather well. Index is actually putting those books in her head to use and fighting back for once, and Touma, is still Touma. My main problem is the lack of Misaka and the Accelerator still hasn't appeared, but oh well there are still many episodes to come of the series.

I still need to order the second half of Soul Eater..., at the least I should get part 3.

anyone watching.... Kuragehime? it's about a nerdy girl who has her life turned around by... a beautiful...

crossdresser

it has the plus of being actually funny ! also animation by Brain's Base, who did the excellent Baccano!

I love crossdressers! Both kinds. May check out later.

Panty and Stocking 6 was by far the best episode yet. No disgusting humor, plot, and easily the most badass fight scenes. I like where this is going. A lot.

The latest episode of Panty and Stocking was by far the most epic episode yet. No explanation, just watch it.

Edited by The Stinking Recolor