Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I've been following the manga and anime, The plot always seems to boil down to "beat the invincible group of evil wizards" but at least the characters, art and fights keep it interesting. As for the anime... well it's not terrible, at least, just inoffensively mediocre. The animation is average at best and for a 2010 anime it pales in comparison to some of the early Naruto and Bleach episodes from almost a decade ago. The music is also really dull, using classical public domain themes (ie. the "Can-Can" for hectic comedy scenes) and uninspired synth tunes for battles. However I think it has potential, if it gets more popularity and a bigger budget it could be comparable to the other big shonen series like Naruto, One Piece and Bleach.

While I'm not the biggest fan of the anime, I am going to have to majorly disagree with you about the music being dull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr_oWfssq9w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5konObZlKs4

Those aren't even the best song.

Anyways thinking of watching Pandora Hearts. I just know it has Alice in Wonderland themes, and is a bit darker. And I like some of the songs in it. Good enough for me.

As someone who is becoming increasingly interested in Celtic-influenced music as of late, I like the first one.

You should listen to the soundtrack then, let me pull out two more since that's a big thing of their style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb0EL2HzqOc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sogsrWWtF4

Anyways has anyone here seen Pandora Hearts? Still looking into it since thinking about watching it,

Has anybody seen Fairy Tail? :)

Ive been thinking about checking it out since it has always caught my eye whenever I check out the usual animes.

Eventually Im gonna cave in and look into it fully.

You should listen to the soundtrack then, let me pull out two more since that's a big thing of their style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb0EL2HzqOc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sogsrWWtF4

Anyways has anyone here seen Pandora Hearts? Still looking into it since thinking about watching it,

I bought Part 1 from NISA (aka that company who makes big ass boxes and call them premium editions for anime), and I think it's good, of course I have to wait until January to finish it when part 2 comes out. From what I've heard though, the manga is better than the anime (of course that's pretty common with a lot of series).

And that why I'm never going to watch NGE.

It just doesn't look like a very good comedy.

Someone's gotta do it :V

2Deep4U

Ok, right after watching the sweetest anime ever (Chi's Sweet Home) which one do I start watching?

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. Yep, that's right. And I'm on the fourth episode. This is the freakiest anime I've ever seen. But I want to keep watching it because it really draws you in. Gaahhh..! >.<

Ohhh, and loving the OP song.

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok, right after watching the sweetest anime ever (Chi's Sweet Home) which one do I start watching?

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. Yep, that's right. And I'm on the fourth episode. This is the freakiest anime I've ever seen. But I want to keep watching it because it really draws you in. Gaahhh..! >.<

Trust me, a really good series.Keep with it, though it might be a bit confusing at first.

Season 1 is about 26 episodes, and is the mystery arch.

How is "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute"?

She's not all that cute so far (imo) BUT I am enjoying the series a lot even if the newest episode (episode 8) seemed to have came out of nowhere in some ways.

Watched an episode, gave up when it revealed itself to be another otaku wish fulfillment show. There was an anime last year with a similar plot (girl is an okatu, her boyfriend vows to keep it secret), I can't remember the name.

Watched an episode, gave up when it revealed itself to be another otaku wish fulfillment show. There was an anime last year with a similar plot (girl is an okatu, her boyfriend vows to keep it secret), I can't remember the name.

Trust me, it doesn't stay like that for long. >_> Not even three episodes. First people to find out is the family... Dad doesn't take it to well.. But I won't get into spoilers, but the point of the series isn't to keep it a secret, at least not the point after the first few episodes.

Anyways started watching Pandora Heart's, only seen two episodes so far but I've actually very much enjoyed it. It does have Alice in Wonderland vibes but darker, really loving the characters and music and it's had a pretty good plot so far though somewhat a little predictable for a horror nut for me but not fully since only predicted some of the events. My one complaint with the show so far is that the one battle scene so far wasn't all that great, it wasn't terrible but it lacked the epicness and speed the song suggesting, as it was actually a rather slow fight and sequence. Still, the show makes me want to continue watching and I am interested to see what happens next, just hope the battles get better.

EDIT: Just finished watching episode 3 of Pandora Hearts, and yes the battles in this episode were much better as well as the surreal nightmare fuel factor! this series keeps getting better and better, I don't know why I haven't watched it before now since I've known about it for a while.

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper

Edited by Axl
  • Thumbs Up 1

Higurashi is a great anime, you guys keep at it.

Speaking of darker animes, Pandora Hearts keeps getting better. Finished watching episode 6 and this series is really appealing to me. Characters are great, plot is getting more and more interesting with twists, emotional impact, great music, the battles are getting better, and lots of good ideas in each episode. Onward to 7!

Higurashi is a great anime, you guys keep at it.

Speaking of darker animes, Pandora Hearts keeps getting better. Finished watching episode 6 and this series is really appealing to me. Characters are great, plot is getting more and more interesting with twists, emotional impact, great music, the battles are getting better, and lots of good ideas in each episode. Onward to 7!

Glad someone else likes it, just remember to keep those spoilers to yourself, I'm buying this and part 2 won't be released until January 25, 2011.

So the NYPD band played the Space Battleship Yamato theme (Or Yamamoto, as Roker called it, that baka) in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

Pretty damn cool.

She's not all that cute so far (imo) BUT I am enjoying the series a lot even if the newest episode (episode 8) seemed to have came out of nowhere in some ways.

I think I'm going to check out Ergo Proxy, it looks interesting and I also want to buy FMP Fumoffu tomorrow too.

Both of those are really good/classic shows. Ergo proxy is nearly flawless but pretty dark (of course) so FMP would be good follow up. It would be kind of like a chaser...