Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

So yes Lyrical Nanoha, different from other magical girl shows... this one has lazar beamz. tehehe.png

But in all seriousness, I thought it was fun to watch. I'm going to be honest, I was expecting cutesy shit throughout the series, I was wrong, after seeing the lead girl charging up a fucking gigantic beam and blowing the shit out of anything in it's way I was hooked. Wal-Mart of all places has this series, I am so buying it.

I DARE you to listen to this video all the way!

I watched the whole thing, desu. It was delicious spam, desu. You must eat it, desu.

So I just got done watching Panty and stocking.

The first half was the usual crude humor. The crude humor of the week involves nose picking and snot... Just watching everyone picking their noses and bleeding from it made my nostrils hurt. o_O Yeah, I'm odd I know.

The second half was... Quite different... that's all I can really say...

Edited by Inferno da danged recolor

First half of P&S was standard fare. One of the duller episodes so far. Action wasn't brilliant and there weren't any jokes... or at least no funny ones.

Second half... well I'll let it remain a surprise for those who've not seen it yet.

The reason I hate the new arc in Bleach is because the last arc finished off the enitre plot thus far completely.

Whereas Aizen was still very much the big bad of the series to that point, that was what the entire series was hinging on. Now, the plot is basically over, and Kubo is just pulling ideas out of his arse for the sake of dragging on the plot.

I'm sorry,but Kubo has been pulling ideas out his ass since the start of the Hueco Mundo arc. I love Bleach's art style to death, but it's story and characters suck. Atleast, Kishi has direction with Naruto and Oda is just plain better than both. Bleach is Dragon Ball GT levels of bad.

Man, when is that Cowboy Bebop movie coming out? You know it will be good when it's been this long since the movie has been announced. Speaking of which, shit, when is that Akira movie coming out?

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, when is that Cowboy Bebop movie coming out? You know it will be good when it's been this long since the movie has been announced.

Though he is apparently a fan, so we might even get a Whoa! (note the exclamation point) out of him.

Edited by Tornado

Aww, I thought it was gonna be an animated movie when you guys brought it up..D:

-------

Edit: So guys get this: Info's just come out that in One Piece, Sanji's name was originally supposed to be...Naruto. Oda changed it at the last minute right before the arc where Sanji is introduced because Naruto (the manga) came out at the time.

Hm...suddenly his swirly eyebrow makes sense...Excuse me:

ExplodingHead.gif

Edited by Infernal Ferno

Just finished Season 2 of Strike Witches.

It was awesome. Perfect ending for the series. (Also, credit reel smelled vaguely of season 3 teaser)

I'm sorry,but Kubo has been pulling ideas out his ass since the start of the Hueco Mundo arc. I love Bleach's art style to death, but it's story and characters suck. Atleast, Kishi has direction with Naruto and Oda is just plain better than both. Bleach is Dragon Ball GT levels of bad.

Man, when is that Cowboy Bebop movie coming out? You know it will be good when it's been this long since the movie has been announced. Speaking of which, shit, when is that Akira movie coming out?

Oh, I know that much, I absolutely despise Bleach these days and have for a long time. I don't even know why I keep up with the manga anymore.

On a side note, as others have said... Panty & Stocking 5-B... the hell?

Panty & Stocking 5B was hilariously dull, compared to the rest of the series. It was kind of gross near the end, with the battle (which was wayy to short), but for the most part, I was unimpressed.

• Thumbs Up 2

P&S 5B was probably the most unexpected by far as I started to like it for all the wrong reasons.

For the first time I was kinda disappointed that P&S showed up towards the end since was actually drawn into this sad little tale of the aging salary man. If there was some joke to the clash in style and tone it really got lost in translation. At least the really plot should be starting next week.

Oh turbojet, you crack me up!

Well fuck this shit.

You are telling me that nobody in Hollywood wants to invest in a big budget movie that is guaran-damn-teed to be a big box office seller, but will suffice for another damn straight to dvd with Eddie Griffin. Fuck these people.

Sean, seriously, I am massively bummed. I could care less about Keanu Reeves playing Spike. It could have worked...dammit. Just dammit.

@Mahzes, Tornado and I were at that crossroads months ago. It is just a shit anime. In fact, I put those words together and call it a shitanime. It is in there with almosy all of the Yu-Gi-Oh spin offs, Metabots season 2, most of Pokemon, and Beyblade season 2. Oh and that Monster Rancher show. What the fuck was that?

The only animes that I am watching right now is Panty and Stocking(the last episode was on serious WTF detail) and Star Driver. I sporadically watch One Piece and Naruto when a big fight is about to happen(In Naruto, it only happens after massive amounts of filler and dialogue precedes it). I miss FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, TTGL, Angel Beats and all the other well told and great shows.

Does anybody know where I can find some translated Karakuridouji Ultimo manga?

It is just a shit anime.

I wouldn't even put it that way, because it implies the manga is better.

I mean, shit, I'd argue that the fucking filler arcs and non-serial movies of Bleach are better than the normal arcs. At least they have interesting characterization. Irrelevant, telegraphed and largely cliched characterization, but characterization nonetheless. I recall watching the Bount Arc, and the only reason I had a problem with it was that the story dragged a bit and the artwork was of a lower quality. Then, Bam! The "official" arc turns into 30 episodes of the same shit happening over and over and over, all of the interesting characters are put on a bus or thrown the fuck out of the show, and all of the interesting sideplots are ignored for so long that no one can remember what they even were. But hey, Ichigo saved the day after screaming for 20 minutes! Exciting! And then Kubo starts doing stuff that absolutely has to be because he likes pissing people off. Its just so.... aaarrrgh.

At least when DBZ and Inuyasha were shit, they were still fun to watch. Bleach is just... fuck.

Edited by Tornado

I'm gonna have to agree with Bleach dragging on. And now the manga's gonna keep going? Geez, why would the creator do that?!

What am I saying? He wants more money. :P

Seriously though, I thought the series was decent up until the middle of the first Soul Society arc. I don't care what anyone says, That danged arc just refused to end... and that formula was used in future arcs to come. That's what killed Bleach for me anyway.

Edited by Inferno da danged recolor

Well fuck this shit.

You are telling me that nobody in Hollywood wants to invest in a big budget movie that is guaran-damn-teed to be a big box office seller, but will suffice for another damn straight to dvd with Eddie Griffin. Fuck these people.

Sean, seriously, I am massively bummed. I could care less about Keanu Reeves playing Spike. It could have worked...dammit. Just dammit.

I'm not sure about it being an instant box office hit, considering previous Hollywood adaptations of Japanese anime have had a bad trend of not performing well at all. And half a billion is kind of ridiculous for a budget.

I really despise Reeves's acting, he wouldn't be able to play Spike for shit. But I was honestly interested in who they'd get to play Jet and Ed.