Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

15-20 is way too late though, I think Noir once they've reached that point they might as well keep going.

When did gurren lagann have it's tone change, it was around 6--7 wasn't it? I thought that worked great.

I suppose, although the change is a bit different. P&S is all about angels fighting monsters, ditching that early on seems like it would be an odd choice. GL was about giant fighting robots and even after episode 8 it still was. But I dunno, it could work both ways. We'll have to see.

Of course, ghost busting should stilll be the focus, but it'd be cool if they introduced a Big Bad or something, add a little more motivation to the outings

I decided to start watching Rozen Maiden... things didn't work out with Canaan and Pandora Hearts... but I did get a car that I can't drive yet *sigh* it sucks being poor... please come soon paycheck!

Edit: Oh yeah Winter Schedule is out, Mitsudomoe 2 for the fuckin win for me.

http://countdown.mandragon.info/upcoming.html

Edited by Silencer226

You will be impressed. Suiseiseki is the only person, err, being who can be a complete tool and simultaneously be the definition of politeness. And she takes IRL trolling to new and frightening heights.

In other news, I watched Toradora! episode 13 today. It was amazing.

Edited by Yangire

I decided to start watching Rozen Maiden... things didn't work out with Canaan and Pandora Hearts... but I did get a car that I can't drive yet *sigh* it sucks being poor... please come soon paycheck!

Edit: Oh yeah Winter Schedule is out, Mitsudomoe 2 for the fuckin win for me.

http://countdown.mandragon.info/upcoming.html

Rozen Maiden? I need to watch that.

DESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESU

Alot of people noticed. So did I. And even Vasquez himself.

# Expy: Chuck is one of Gir. Jhonen Vasquez has noticed:

Vasquez: It's sort of like my own version of the Mr. Sparkle episode of The Simpsons.

I have to say I disagree with that guy, especially on the whole "animation is shit" part. Most of the whole show I still watch cause I like to see how much the anime can get away with. Unlike High School of The Dead, this anime doesnt need an excuse to throw in sexual themes cause it relies on them and throws them in pretty spontaneously. Also don't see why people still bitch about that transformation scene. It was just a one-off piss-take.

I kind of understand why people might not like it though. The sexual gags do grow a bit mundane every now and then. My favorite episode so far is Episode 4 Part A. Its the only part so far that hasn't been relying on vulgar or crude humor and instead relies on classical shtick that actually makes it genuinely a funny episode, which is ironic considering the cake lactating ghost they battled. People should give that episode a try.

Edited by Columind

Kind of amazing how quickly I lost interest in this series. I really can't find it in my heart to laugh at any of its jokes, I tried getting into it for the animation and fight scenes alone.

It's depressing how erectile dysfunctional I've become about anime, almost as flaccid as I am for the animation industry in general. Will Sean ever get a boner for any anime again? Stay tuned.

Lyrical Nanoha, wow I've never been a big magical girl fan but damn she kicks ass. :lol: I must remember to add this to the list of things to buy on Black Friday.

Oh for CRYING OUT LOUD.

Bleach has just started a new story arc. BLEACH HAS JUST STARTED A NEW STORY ARC. After finishing everything with Aizen and AS GOOD AS ENDING, BLEACH HAS STARTED A NEW STORY ARC.

Please stop, Kubo. For the love of god, PLEASE STOP. Your manga is bad and you should feel bad. You can't even quit while you're ahead any more. Just quit before you run yourself any further into the ground, Kubo.

*swears*

Also, why Oda, why? Hancock is the best new character you've come up with since like, Water Seven/ CP9. Why didn't she join the Straw Hats?! ;___;

Edited by Mahzes

The thing about Panty & Stocking's animation is that it's about as detailed as, say, Powerpuff Girls, but they still do most of your typical anime shortcuts.

Kind of amazing how quickly I lost interest in this series. I really can't find it in my heart to laugh at any of its jokes, I tried getting into it for the animation and fight scenes alone.

It's depressing how erectile dysfunctional I've become about anime, almost as flaccid as I am for the animation industry in general. Will Sean ever get a boner for any anime again? Stay tuned.

Edited by Phos

Also, why Oda, why? Hancock is the best new character you've come up with since like, Water Seven/ CP9. Why didn't she join the Straw Hats?! ;___;

Edited by Ferno

The only three animes I really have on my watch list nowadays is P&S, Pani Poni Dash! and Black Lagoo-Oh shit.

I just realized I forgot about Black Lagoon season 3 having been aired some time ago.

brb looking into an animu I forgot that I loved the shit out of.

She's the princess on her island and is also the captain of her own crew. :ph34r:

Also yeah about Bleach. I used to watch it every week months ago wondering why I could never get what was going on. I thought it was just me but when it comes down to it the story telling is just bad.

Well, I was talking about the manga, but it's the same basic crap either way. D:

Also in One Piece, what happened to Hancock's "Oh my god you will die if you don't follow Luffy to the ends of the Earth" lovesickness? I was banking on that to be the excuse for her joining the crew.

Edited by Ferno

The reason I hate the new arc in Bleach is because the last arc finished off the enitre plot thus far completely.

Whereas Aizen was still very much the big bad of the series to that point, that was what the entire series was hinging on. Now, the plot is basically over, and Kubo is just pulling ideas out of his arse for the sake of dragging on the plot.

It'd be like doing another One Piece arc after Luffy already found One Piece, became Pirate King and resolved every other plot point of the series. It just feels like Kubo's writing for the sake of writing, now.

Well, I was talking about the manga, but it's the same basic crap either way. D:

Also in One Piece, what happened to Hancock's "Oh my god you will die if you don't follow Luffy to the ends of the Earth" lovesickness? I was banking on that to be the excuse for her joining the crew.

Don't forget that she is still a Shichibukai and if she abandons her duties as princess the world government will be free to invade Amazon Lily. As much as I would like to see her butt heads with Nami and Robin, as well as send Sanji into a fit of jealous rage, I like to think that Boa has matured a bit over the years. Maybe seeing Luffy's love for his brother and crew has shown her how important she is to her people and to put their safety ahead of her love for Luffy.

Could just be me but I feel like GAINAX may kinda sorta be mocking the hardcore weeaboo stereotypes instead of well...glorifying them. I like the idea of that

Come on, there's only so much you can do with a chick whose only purpose is to be obsessed with Luffy before it gets fucking old.

If you ask me, I would have preferred that TIM CURRY Ivankov joined Luffy's crew, but even then.

I finally got around to finishing Occult Academy just now. It's kind of disappointing that the bulk of it was so dull and devoid of plot because the first and last few episodes were all really good. I was pretty happy with how they did the last episode too. The previous one left me wondering how in the world they could have another unless it's a generic epilogue, but it was done well. It's not an amazing show, but the better episodes really are fun to watch and the last ones are definitely rewarding.

I'm all for another female Straw Hat, but I'd prefer someone a little less, er, physically identical to the other girls in the crew. No, having bigger boobs doesn't count for anything when there's a skeleton and a reindeer on board. I'd like some actual variety.

...man, I'm so horribly out of touch with recent anime that this thread is actually starting to intimidate me a little. I should probably go watch something quasi-new just so I can remember what it feels like.

Mmm, Bebop soundtrack... I'm convinced now that it's the best one around. Yeah there are some that sound better in general but what it does for the show is amazing. It's almost kinda surreal. And I love it.

Man I'm glad I pried myself away from Minecraft to get back to anime. It feels good.