Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Yeah, we can drop the subject here, but still, interesting thought to end on;

Does it count as a 'lost sale' if it's something that somebody would ignore and simply not bother with if they couldn't steal it? It's not like they'd pay for it if they had no other choice, after all- they'd just not watch it, rather than pay.

Stealing, yes. But losing the company money? Not really, oddly. Not that I'm trying to defend piracy either, but it's interesting. It's just a bit disheartening at how true the comment "Looks like all £40 a year gets you is a clean conscience" is in regards to a Crunchyroll membership. And even that only applies to anime they have on the site.

But eh, no worries about making a 'deal' out of it. :)

In lighter news, lame Naruto filler is lame. Make the bad filler stop.

Edited by Mahzes

So I only really buy anime films these days; entire series are a no-go and I've lost interest in collecting them. I honestly cannot remember the last time I purchased a TV series (whether a set or those individual four-episode discs companies used to do), but I've picked up My Neighbor Totoro, the special edition of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Paprika recently, to name a few. Looking forward to Summer Wars!

This whole sub debate reminds me of te Highschool of the Dead sub comparisons...

http://www.ji-hi.net/hotd/index.html

Lots of subbing groups don't just steal subbed episodes. I can't comment on Panty and Stocking in the matter but I do know many different subbing groups have many different styles.

Yeah, I know that much. It's just since legal streaming really started to kick off in early 2009, a lot of 'fansub' groups just rip the official things.

Obviously shows that aren't up legally still get 'proper' fansubs, and kudos to any sub groups that still bother to do their own subtitles for shows that are up legally. Talk about a labour of love when they're practically redoing something that's already been done. That said, a lot of people don't like official subtitles anyway (although whilst they have points, admittedly a lot of these arguments against official subtitles are absolutely retarded).

Seriously, people complaining because "Naruto is suppose to swear, how dare the official subtitles ruin the show by censoring it" and similar crap. It's the pathetic wailing of fans who've been blindly following fansubs and are too thickheaded to realise that the fansub groups add in the liberal amounts of swearing themselves.

I've noticed that, actually. Most of the swearing in Panty & Stocking isn't even actually there. Most of the time, it's just the subtitles adding it in or massively upscaling the bad language. That's a pretty unusual and interesting approach for official subtitles to take.

Edited by Mahzes

Swearing can spruce up a scene when used correctly. There was one in episode 50 of Fullmetal Alchemist where Edward screamed something like "Stop fucking around with me!" as he was beating the shit out of Envy. Of course, this was an addition made by the fansubbers and FUNi didn't do this in the official subs or the English dubs. However, it's not that I agree with the "wahh swearing was removed" whiners (well, I generally don't agree with anime fans period).

Just finished P&S 4. First half was the dirtiest yet, but the second half wasn't that bad. It was also hilarious. Also, FEAR THE NERD BRIEFS!

Funny, I still reckon that episode 3-2 was the dirtiest the show got. I never got the feeling of "Holy crap, they've crossed a line here" with any of episode 4.

Wow. Is it wrong of me to say that I really don't mind the vulgar content in P&S? Oh did anybody catch the Lagann sighting?

I have to say that I personally found episode 7 or 4a or whatever you like to call it just fine... I mean, the tit ghost was weird but nowhere near as crazy as the sperm ghosts. The episode was actually pretty hilarious.

The second half was a lot of fun too. Most likable ghost so far. Brief is so moe~

Also liked that song at the end of the episode.

Meh, now that I look back at it, you're pretty much right. But the first half isn't as funny as the second, IMHO. I mean, briefs = shotgun? I'd hate to see what bloomers would turn into...

I preffer part 1 to be honest. While Brief Shotgun was amazing, I just couldnt stop laughing over Stocking's dilemma.

And the fact that she Katamari'd her way through the entire city.

• Thumbs Up 1

Toradora was pretty fun. I found myself actually caring about some of the characters, something I hardly expected given its genre. But the guy with the glasses didn't have enough screentime. I was disappoint.

Toradora was pretty fun. I found myself actually caring about some of the characters, something I hardly expected given its genre. But the guy with the glasses didn't have enough screentime. I was disappoint.

Seriously, the guy got plenty of screen time or are you talking about the other guy besides Kitamura? And yeah it was a fun show, I bought it from NISA, and both sets came in big ass boxes with each containing a 32 page artbook with character bios and interviews from the cast.

I'm going to be checking out Pandora Hearts sometime next week when my premium set comes in the mail... NISA does nice work on their premiums... if only they weren't so damn big. I was hoping to finally finish Canaan next week but I had to cancel my bluray from Amazon because of my money being low... but oh well what's another week...

It didn't feel like much of the plot revolved around him like it did around everybody else, other than Taiga having a crush on him initially. Oh, and that one episode near the end.

Maybe it felt like to me that Kitamura didn't get enough screentime, because the show focused far more on that purple-haired bitch than it did on him.

Two? The one in my avatar right now is some Touhou character named Koakuma. I'm not actually a fan of Touhou, I just grab whatever picture I like and use it for avatars.

Two? The one in my avatar right now is some Touhou character named Koakuma. I'm not actually a fan of Touhou, I just grab whatever picture I like and use it for avatars.

Ok, I was just curious :).

So what does it take to get me to watch DBZ Kai...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lqla0b8NFg

I so never cared about Kai until I saw this shit, I lol'd, it suits those goof balls.

Edited by Silencer226

Epic fandub alert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB2mF4-mQuI

I envy this guy's voice. :< I wish I could sing even a little bit. Ah well.

Also this, a chick that knows Japanese fluently sung this cover of the FMA Brotherhood theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_779972&feature=iv&v=c-XMwH13mzM

Edited by Ferno

I could bet money that Panty & Stocking is going to be somewhat like FLCL and TTGL and become some Coming of the Age tale involving Brief and his development of overcoming his insecurities and setbacks and becoming a badass. I could guaren-goddamn-tee it that it will be exactly like that. The fact that the kid has appeared multiple times, has a punny name, and just reeks of Shinji, Simon, and Naota characterization.

Speaking of Panty & Stocking I just realized that; part of the reason they're collecting those heaven coins is so they can resume being angels and keep up their irresponsible lifestyles. By the time Episode 6 comes and the plot develops, maybe there will be a scenario when they actually turn human.

STD Panty and Diabetes Stocking confirmed.

I think episode six would be too early, but if like, around 15-20 that happens, it could make for something awesome. As fun as the show is now, it has so much potential when the plot develops.

I got around to watching the Professor Layton movie today, and I thought it was pretty good. I especially liked the animation style.

The first half of Panty and Stocking episode 4 was really funny. The second half was pretty good, but i personally didn't think it was as funny as the first half.

Edited by Kevin

15-20 is way too late though, I think Noir once they've reached that point they might as well keep going.

When did gurren lagann have it's tone change, it was around 6--7 wasn't it? I thought that worked great.