Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Wow, that's depressing. Panty & Stocking 2 is already up to torrent? The episode only went up less than two hours ago.

First, I saw episode 2 of Panty and Stocking. I guess it was alright, nothing really "ha ha" about it, it still has nice animation but, I hope they don't pull a Kiddy Grade and establish a plot half way through the series (I get the feeling they will...).

And next up I saw Episode 1 of To Aru Majutsu no Index Season 2, and I thought it was awesome. I saw season 1 earlier this year and wanted more! I feel bad for Touma he never finished his homework from last season... and to top it off a waitress spilled coffee all over what he completed and some random guy busts in and uses his magic to obliterate the rest of it and then kidnaps Index, and then Touma is like "FFFFUUUUUUU!".

First, I saw episode 2 of Panty and Stocking. I guess it was alright, nothing really "ha ha" about it, it still has nice animation but, I hope they don't pull a Kiddy Grade and establish a plot half way through the series (I get the feeling they will...).

refer to:

Also; I read that the series will establish its main plot around Episode 6 and that it'll be the first straight 24-minute episode of the show. Supposedly; the writers behind it are the same people who did FLCL and Evangelion.

The series already loosely follows a plot however. It's not that big of a deal.

Edited by Columind

So, Digimon Xros Wars has been on break for three weeks, and isn't back until next Thursday.

Bah.

As far as plot goes, it might just consist of details about Panty and Stocking's exile from heaven and maybe a budding romance between Panty and Brief, who knows.

I swear to fuck if this gets a Gainax ending.

Considering that this show looks heavily animated and looks like it might cost a lot to make, the budget might warrant a Gainax ending.

Considering that this show looks heavily animated and looks like it might cost a lot to make, the budget might warrant a Gainax ending.

Naaah. Gainax aren't in the finiacial state they were when they made Eva right now.

the on ly show in danger of an infamous studio bad ending is Star Driver, which could get BONES'd at any second

Naaah. Gainax aren't in the finiacial state they were when they made Eva right now.

the on ly show in danger of an infamous studio bad ending is Star Driver, which could get BONES'd at any second

BONES is having financial issues? How? I mean they are almost in everything now and days. Heroman, FMA, and etc. Hell, there subcontractors Madhouse is making loads of the Boondocks alone.

BONES is having financial issues? How? I mean they are almost in everything now and days. Heroman, FMA, and etc. Hell, there subcontractors Madhouse is making loads of the Boondocks alone.

Aaaaah, nonono. I don't mean money issues, I mean writing issues. bones kind of have a track record for shoddy endgins ( OG FMA, Eureka Seven, Soul Eater, etc.) Although I guess yeah, Heroman didn't have an awful ending anyway so maybe they've broken the curse.

also just heard that Anno (Evangelion) is involved with P&S. Uh-oh!

Aaaaah, nonono. I don't mean money issues, I mean writing issues. bones kind of have a track record for shoddy endgins ( OG FMA, Eureka Seven, Soul Eater, etc.) Although I guess yeah, Heroman didn't have an awful ending anyway so maybe they've broken the curse.

also just heard that Anno (Evangelion) is involved with P&S. Uh-oh!

Oh I understand now. I fucking hated Eureka Seven and was dissappointed that Shinchiro Watanbe had anything to do with that mess. As for Soul Eater, it may be the same issues that FMa had since the manga wasn't finished and it takes them a month or months to put an issue out.

Oh shit. Here comes a mindscrew in form of double entendres.

Yeah, Soul Eater was definitely the FMA season 1 situation. I dunno why anime cna't just take a break for a while and then come back when there's enough manga for another season, the whole filler/make up your own "anime" ending culture is really frustrating.

and yeah the idea of a anno penned P&S ending terrifies me 03krG.gif

I believe BONES said that once the Soul Eater manga is over they want to redo the show anyway, so that's cool. The first half was one of the most enjoyable shows I've seen, I'm all for some more.

I have a sneaky suspicion that I already said this not long ago in this topic.

Aw come on, the ending for the first FMA anime wasn't that bad.

...No wait, wait, yes it was, it was fucking horrible.

I mean the second half. It really was pretty okay.

*Insert disparaging remark about how I felt 95% of the first anime was better than Brotherhood/the Manga"

I saw that a good many months ago. The animation is amazing. Wasn't that the winner of some Japanese Indie Animation contest?

New Bakuman episode was great, it's a bit more laid back series right now but the pacing is wonderful, the tone is great, and this is something that I believe many can relate too. I am so glad this episode has 25 episodes instead of being limited to 13.

MM! has surprised me. The second episode was much better than the already pretty good first episode, and it's becoming super apparent everyone in the show is messed up and have psychological problems. It still is hilarious and the show has actual plot and character development! The characters in all of their flaws are becoming super likable, even if the main character derives sexual pleasure from pain, the two female leads have a god complex and one is deathly afraid of men, the main character's best friend is a cross-dresser with a split personality, and the sister and mom totally want to get into their brother/son's pants. It was actually a lot better than I thought it would be again (two episodes surpassing expectations, YES!) and so I must quote the newcomer at the end of the episode:

e9c0w7.png

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper

Finally, decided to make a list.

ANIMES I HAS SEEN SO FAR IN MY LIFE:

Avatar (Yes, I consider it to be an anime. dealwithit.jpg)

Sento Yousei Yukikaze

FLCL

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (Only first episode, though)

Lucky Star (I'm up to episode 11 or so)

Panty & Stocking

Slayers Revolution (Decent. Wouldn't know though, as I've only seen a few episodes

Strike Witches

Fullmetal Alchemist (Watched the entire original version, hated the ending, loved the movie.)

Porco Rosso (Ending is a whole new level of ripoff, IMHO.)

Ghost In The Shell (Cop show! FUTURE cop show!)

Super Dimension Fortress Macross

Which ones have you seen? The movies or the shows? I only ask because I would like to advise you what you be prepared for in terms of expectations.

Edited by Tornado