Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

253.jpg

It's safe to say what role Chespin is gonna fulfill in this series.

Ugh, so he's gonna be useless comic relief as expected eh? 

Well, at least it's Clemont's problem and not Ash's

Also this is the first time since Hoenn that each of the main traveling companions got a starter. I know that Brock's Mudkip only reached it's second stage, but Ash's Treeko and May's Torchic went all the way, even through it took a LONG while.

I can picture Chespin at least going to Quilladin and Fennekin to a Tsundere Braixen, but I'm hoping Froakie goes all the way to Greninja.

I'm just hoping that Ash's frookie evolves seriously none of his water pokemon with the exception of krabby evolved

I'm just hoping that Ash's frookie evolves seriously none of his water pokemon with the exception of krabby evolved

Yeah, Krabby get's a free pass through as it wasn't even Ash's main water type.

tumblr_mxqen84zpd1rc3jkko1_250.png

Speaking of Froakie evolving, it looks like he forms a rivalry with another character's Frogadier….'

And remember how it usually goes in the anime? How with Pikachu vs Raichu, or Snivy vs Servine, or Oshawott vs Dewott, whenever a main character's Pokemon goes up against their evolved form, they usually defeat them with enough battle spirit, and as a result they feel the need that they're "fine just the way they are" and then never evolve? Well now I'm worried that the warted starter curse has reared it's ugly head once more.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_mxqen84zpd1rc3jkko1_250.png

Speaking of Froakie evolving, it looks like he forms a rivalry with another character's Frogadier….'

And remember how it usually goes in the anime? How with Pikachu vs Raichu, or Snivy vs Servine, or Oshawott vs Dewott, whenever a main character's Pokemon goes up against their evolved form, they usually defeat them with enough battle spirit, and as a result they feel the need that they're "fine just the way they are" and then never evolve? Well now I'm worried that the warted starter curse has reared it's ugly head once more.

Well let's remember Ash's Treecko also fought its evolved form and still ended up evolving despite that. And with all of the analogues to Gen III, its possible Froakie can still evolve as well. God I hope so, not having Greninja be a main Pokemon would bother the fuck out of me.

So, Chespin is gonna be the comic relief huh.....well, let's hope it at least makes it to Quilladin before being shafted for Froakie and Fennekin. And for the love of god I hope Clement catches some electric types. You said you're interested in them, well you damn sure better show it.

Im holding out hope for Froakie's evolution due to the fact that again like Gen 3, Ash has only one starter this time so he's kinda stuck with evolving it at SOME point. I don't want to see another situation where Ash is caught with his pants down at the Pokemon and he has to used his unevovled Pokemon to in the battles which result in another Oshawott vs fucking Hydregion scenario.

Well now I'm worried that the warted starter curse has reared it's ugly head once more.

So it's WARTS that stop them from evolving! Aren't there any dermatologists in this world? :U

But seriously it wouldn't surprise me if we got denied a badass ninja because someone thought it being a tiny frog was better.

Ash's Pokemon do need to evolve because that cuteness factor got old pretty fast and I think black and white made it worse. An oshawatt beating an exadrill? Bull Crap

Ash's Pokemon do need to evolve because that cuteness factor got old pretty fast and I think black and white made it worse. An oshawatt beating an exadrill? Bull Crap

Well an unevolved pokemon COULD defeat an evolved pokemon if they have the right moves, were higher level, and had some luck on their side in the games, not to mention type advantage in games.

Movie 17 teaser trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bARel5YoHgA&feature=youtu.be

What we learn from the M17 trailer - Klefki may appear,

Preview of stuff to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYK9Kqmlujw

We got the Battle Chateau featuring a match against Viola and upcoming gym leader Grant, both dressed in fancy clothing.

And we got Diantha and her Gardevoir showing up a lot earlier than I thought they would. Hopefully the anime can redeem her boring game counterpart.

Looks like Serena will finally get to do shit, Fennekin has been painfully underutilized so far as well as Serena's character in general. So id hope to see her get more focus.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. 

I was bracing myself for a extremely lame friendship theme and then they go and pull this. Kudos TPCI.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was not expecting a remix of the original theme. =D

So glad, the break isn't too long. We'll still be extremely close to the original JP dub as they are currently on a 3 week break.

Wow talk about nostalgia I was wondering why they never brought back this theme. Season 2 of X and Y better have the orange island theme

ZOMFG!!!! A REMIX OF THE ORIGINAL THEME SONG!!!!! TPCI, you guys truly surprised me on this one. I'm now looking forward to this dub.

Oh...since the Italian dub started adapting the American theme songs from Diamond & Pearl (we made original pieces before then) that means that for the first time we'll have an Italian version of the theme song used as an opening! ( Excluding the version used in the Mewtwo movie),

Incase anyone was curious how the heck Pokemon hold Mega Stones while in Battle....

tumblr_my2ir2MvP21r2en1ko4_1280.png

It seems in the case with Diantha's Gardevoir, the stone is tied around it's neck as a charm necklace , I guess the stones are attached to the Pokemon in some kind of way.

I always kinda figured that would explain a lot of hold items. I mean, I can't imagine a Pikachu being able to hold a Light Ball during a battle and not lose any speed, unless it was on a necklace or something similar.

Also that snippet of the OS theme remix made me so happy. I wonder if it's going to be just the original song or if they'll be added/removed lyrics?

Last week's Corocoro contained a nifty little character sheet with the main cast and Professor Sycamore for the XY series.

tumblr_mxsa8nws5Q1qidshgo1_1280.png

This kind of sheet was only used once, during the early part of the original series.

tumblr_my36vmy94V1sj7963o1_1280.jpg

Between the English opening remix and the character sheets, it feels like the XY series is more of a callback to the original series than BW was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my, I love the remix of the original dub opening. I also found it interesting that they have an original relationship chart of the XY cast.