Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Isn't it against the rules to bump threads over a month old?

Uh... no? Not so far as I know.

• 2 weeks later...

It's really great. I enjoy all the characters English voices so far. Though, the two episodes were so good to the point where I couldn't wait for episode 3 to come out in English, so I started watching the Japanese episodes of XY (but I'll make sure to re-watch the episodes I seen in English as they air!)

I still love this battle. The animation is still so great, love the English voices (as I said above), and the strategy Ash used was quite good. 

OH! That XY music playing. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sII7AP65z7o

The only voice that bugs me is that little girl. Forgot her name already. It just doesn't fit her when compared to the jap version. But everyone else is fine. 

Im intrested next Saturday because we're finally getting the EPs we havent alrady seen. I think their dubs 3 adn 4 of XY are airing the same day to.

The only voice that bugs me is that little girl. Forgot her name already. It just doesn't fit her when compared to the jap version. But everyone else is fine. 

That would be Bonnie you're thinking of.

• 2 weeks later...

So M17's gonna have (the pretty boring IMO) Diancie in it.

And the title's now "The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie". Somehow that sounds stupid, I dunno why :U

BTW, do we know for sure if Mewtwo's going to be in this? I've seen Bulbapedia say it is, but I kinda doubt that (like on one forum when this was first announced, it was suggested that Mewtwo was only on the poster as an example of Mega Evolutions, and probably wouldn't appear in the actual thing).

BTW, while I was expecting Diancie to appear anyway, I'm still expecting the Mega Latis to appear here.

BTW, while I was expecting Diancie to appear anyway, I'm still expecting the Mega Latis to appear here.

Can't wait to see Ash saying "Who are these mysterious Pokémon!?".

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't wait to see Ash saying "Who are these mysterious Pokémon!?".

Well… he did recognize Sylveon as an eveelution. So maybe there's a chance? I doubt it though.

Also, the latest episode of XY was really great. Clemont is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.

Also

tumblr_n0rhz5Zdas1r2gkt4o1_500.jpg

Whow, moreshippinghintsthatisntabigdealintheactualshow

Too bad Serena is as interesting as a wet carrot. This ship could have genuine substance if Serena had more things going for her than just having a thing for Ash that sprouted years back.

Serena has a fun personality, mostly when she's interacting with Bonnie like so..

IkHUybI.jpg

But it's not enough, girl needs something of a goal to strive for and not just be defined by her crush on Ash. Heck she's barely even used her Fennekin

So M17's gonna have (the pretty boring IMO) Diancie in it.

And the title's now "The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie". Somehow that sounds stupid, I dunno why :U

BTW, do we know for sure if Mewtwo's going to be in this? I've seen Bulbapedia say it is, but I kinda doubt that (like on one forum when this was first announced, it was suggested that Mewtwo was only on the poster as an example of Mega Evolutions, and probably wouldn't appear in the actual thing).

I'm out of the loop, but there are other Pokémon besides what's in the Kalos 'dex? I remember hearing about them, but since they didn't appear to be acknowledged anywhere, I sorta wrote them off.

As for the movie poster, it is likely that they're just showcasing the Mega Evolutions so far, but it's possible this will be how Ash learns about it and some of them will turn up either as cameos or part of the plot. But to be fair, the anime team seems to have a tendency to tease crap that never happens. Wasn't Pidgeot supposed to come back for a movie before being removed in the final film?

Other than that, I've been watching the English dub of the XY series recently. I quite like it, but hopefully it doesn't become a tedious mini-tournament slogfest like "Best Wishes" was (though "Best Wishes 2" picked things up even though Iris didn't go the hell away). I am curious to see what becomes of Serena over the course of the series. I liked the development of characters like May and Dawn, same with Misty. Iris left me cold because she was just a really obnoxious version of Misty and it was hard to sympathize with her when she did have a problem because she'd turn around the next minute and start being irritating again. As others have brought it up though, I do wonder what Serena's goal even is. Trainer? Cowgirl (er, Rhyhorn-girl)? Well, even May started out not knowing what she was going to do, so we'll hopefully see some progression as the show goes on.

Alright, I dunno about you guys but I thought that old lady was creepy as shit.

OF6jmE2.png

I mean look at her.

a6bEVQP.png

That is the face of death staring at you.

Anyways, I didn't like this episode all that much. I don't like it when characters overreact like how Citron thought his Harimaron hated him. The Pokemon battle was a bit underwhelming and the idea that Harimaron can lose so much weight quickly did seem silly. And the entire reason the old man and lady were fighting was quite stupid. Eh then again it is a kid's show so I guess I should expect stuff like this. Now I'm not saying it was a bad episode. It was alright but I would love to see more of Satoshi and co. travelling as opposed to filler episodes like this. Heck, I'd even like an episode where we see Satoshi and Serena get closer together. I haven't watched the anime since Diamond and Pearl so I'm not sure if they've done it before, but I do like the thought of there being some sort of love interest. It's just that I feel that even 15 episodes in, not much has happened. Is this usually the case with the Pokemon anime? I know each gen gets around 3 or 4 seasons so I guess a lot of padding is necessary.

Edit: Response to Soniman

Serena has a fun personality, mostly when she's interacting with Bonnie like so..

IkHUybI.jpg

But it's not enough, girl needs something of a goal to strive for and not just be defined by her crush on Ash. Heck she's barely even used her Fennekin

This I can agree on. Serena is definitely and interesting character with a lot of personality, however I feel as if we aren't seeing her in action enough. In previous seasons of the anime, the female partner would get more attention. I'm especially craving some action because of the fact that she has a crush on Satoshi, and is quite well with kids. And about her Fokko. I noticed too, that she hasn't interacted with it all that much, whereas other characters in past seasons would have them out of their Pokeballs almost for the majority of the time because starters are usually seen as your main partner. That doesn't seem to be the case with Serena and I hope to see her interact with her Pokemon more in the future, similar to Citron and his Harimon, and Eureka and her Dedenne.

Edited by SwiftWinds

It's like they switched the gimmicks around. This time it's the guy who gets all the attention when it comes to Pokemon and different battle styles (May and Dawn with Contests, Misty and Iris with type focus, but now Clemont with training gimmicks), while the girl plays third wheel and has the gimmick of being more inclined in the arts and romance (Brock and his running gag, Tracey with his drawing and his more subdued version of what Brock had, Cilan with his flamboyancy, and now Serena with fashion, apparently, and the thing with Ash). Bonnie is given the running gag in this scenario so she has things to do besides being the living embodiment of Pokemon-Amie.

I do like Serena and Bonnie's sister relationship though. It's gotten to the point that I'm half-expecting a twist in the third act of the saga where Serena eventually gets turned down by Ash, only to realize there's something there with Clemont amongst all his character development, and give her a happy ending in that regard. Clemont's dad seems to like the idea anyway, and with Serena and Bonnie being so close, it can serve as a catalyst and easy transition.

It's the latest episode, XY016 'Dedenne is Pichu, Pichu is Dedenne…!?'

Not much to it, just a mildly entertaining filler episode, you can skip it if you don't care to watch it that much.

So apparently the movie site updated with a synopsis (taken from Bulbanews):

Diancie is the princess of the Country of Diamond Ore, which is the stage for this year's movie. The Country of Diamond Ore is a beautiful underground country, where many "Jewel Pokémon" Melecie live peacefully. And in the country is a huge diamond known as the "Holy Diamond"...

The Holy Diamond is an important energy source that maintains the Ore Country, and has fulfilled this role for a long time. The Holy Diamond was created by Princess Diancie alone. However, she no longer has the power she once had. And... the time is near. The life of the Holy Diamond is almost exhausted. The beautiful Ore Country will be destroyed!

But then, Diancie meets with Ash and Pikachu, and decides to leave on a journey to seek the holy powers of the "Life Pokémon", Xerneas, in order to save her country. But in her way lies the Cocoon of the sleeping "Destruction Pokémon", Yveltal, which once stole all life from the Kalos region...

Sounds like there'll be less action in this one (at least until the end), which would be a nice change of pace after M15-16.

Also I guess this confirms Diancie as being 100% female.

I thought this was a pretty interesting filler episode. I like how we finally got to see more of Fokko and Serena, even if it was for the first few minutes of the episode. And I think this is the first time we've heard the jingle that plays when you restore your Pokemon in the anime. I was glad to see more of Eureka and her Takeshi like personality. It's always funny when she tries to get a girlfriend for her brother.

Although the whole mix up plot is cliche, I think they pulled it well enough in here. I definitely found it more interesting than last week's episode. And to answer your question, Indigo Rush at that part Citron was telling Eureka and Serena that it's not good to constantly feed Pokemon snacks, so right there Serena was a bit worried since she saw Satoshi and Pikachu as gluttons.

What seemed weird was that in this season Satoshi looks older, but in this scene he and the rest of the gang look so minuscule in comparison, it's a little off putting. But it does at least show that they are supposed to be kids.

zVXDONL.png

Also I wonder how many inventions Citron will make. He's made one for almost every episode, and it is pretty funny seeing Satoshi always excited by the idea of technology, but at some point I know he's gonna run out of ideas. Hopefully they'll all be interesting and helpful enough. 

Overall this episode was alright. You're not missing anything plot related if you skip it. I was a bit disappointed we didn't see Rocket Gang at all. It would've been nice to at least see if they're up to something. Maybe next week.

Actually, Team Rocket being absent in some episodes is a blessing for me, as I really don't like them in this season. I really miss their BW selves where they were cool, competent, and actually got things done that mattered to the plot.

BW was the first season I actually skipped. I saw the first episode thanks to a promotional DVD from Nintendo Power (which is now lost apparently) and I didn't find it all that interesting. I only got back into the series because XY was supposedly a "new generation" of sorts where the animation and writing would get a massive overhaul and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. But as for Team Rocket, how were they related to plot in BW? Was it similar to DP where they went undercover to spy on Team Galactic for a small period of time? They seem like enough of a threat in this season anyway. I loved them in episode 10 where they actually kidnapped the Professor, Serena and Eureka. It made them feel more like villains. Heck they almost got away with their plan too! And while I'm on episode 10, I remember we saw Blaziken Mask. I'm very interested to see more about him in future episodes if he ever makes an appearance again. Perhaps in an episode focusing on mega evolution?

BW was the first season I actually skipped. I saw the first episode thanks to a promotional DVD from Nintendo Power (which is now lost apparently) and I didn't find it all that interesting. I only got back into the series because XY was supposedly a "new generation" of sorts where the animation and writing would get a massive overhaul and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. But as for Team Rocket, how were they related to plot in BW? Was it similar to DP where they teamed up with Team Galactic for a small period of time? They seem like enough of a threat in this season anyway. I loved them in episode 10 where they actually kidnapped the Professor, Serena and Eureka. It made them feel more like villains. Heck they almost got away with their plan too! And while I'm on episode 10, I remember we saw Blaziken Mask. I'm very interested to see more about him in future episodes if he ever makes an appearance again. Perhaps in an episode focusing on mega evolution?

There were lot of episodes were TR was competent in Bw. But it was scattered. In the beginning, once or twice in the middle. Alot towards the end of unova and back to dp quality in the declora islands

Speaking of BW

tumblr_n18bijBQy01rsrk2xo1_500.jpg

Iris Special finally going to air on March 27, for those of you who are an Iris fan.

tumblr_n18bw0XJjp1rc3jkko1_500.jpg

Some blurbs for future episodes. Ash is styling and profilin in a pimp ass Chataeu outfit, while Serena is……ummm….wow..anyway

tumblr_n18bl9wdHn1rsrk2xo1_500.jpg

Finally we have a preview for the Malmar episode, who's still looking mighty evil. The idea of this Pokemon being a "misunderstood" one is thankfully growing less likely.

Speaking of BW

tumblr_n18bijBQy01rsrk2xo1_500.jpg

Iris Special finally going to air on March 27, for those of you who are an Iris fan.

Screw Iris, I see Clair on that scan. That alone is enough. More Clair is always a good thing.

I liked the show early in its run...but then it jumped the shark in jmy eyes, and everytime I tried to give it a chance since then (which is very rare, I should add), I just get reminded why I stopped watching. So if I watch any episodes of the current season, it'll be when I'm incredibly bored.

However, I know there are people who like it, and hey, that's fine too. We all have our preferences, after all.

• Thumbs Up 1