Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

I did, and I really loving Clemont as a character. Him and Ash bonding was nice to see, mostly due to the act that they're the same age, and Ash has never had a traveling companion thats male and the same age as him.

That makes me wonder what's going to happen when Ash finds out that Clemont is a gym leader

Where did you guys watch the latest X/Y episode?  I'm having trouble finding a link with English subs.

That makes me wonder what's going to happen when Ash finds out that Clemont is a gym leader

This is what the episode was about tongue.png

Damn, did anyone watched the newest episode of XY, cause that animation for battles.....by Arceus, it's so damn good.

Also Heliolisk is a lot smaller than I thought it be..... than again they really messed up some of the Pokemon's heights in the game (Giant Poliwags)..

Nope, Helioisk is drawn to scale. Its only a little over 3ft.

Where did you guys watch the latest X/Y episode?  I'm having trouble finding a link with English subs.

I first watched it without subs, since fit takes 3-4 days for a full sub to come out. But now I just found one with subs, so here you go.

http://www.animehere.com/pokemon-xy-episode-9.html

Also, some bad news. It seems the XY Dub won't start until 2014, I guess they don't want to risk catching up with the JP episodes and reaching a stalemate. Still a bummer though.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Kanto starter episodes will be airing in the interim though, making this the first time the Original Series episodes aired on Cartoon Network since the mega marathon that led up to the debut of the Diamond and Pearl series 6 years ago.

I first watched it without subs, since fit takes 3-4 days for a full sub to come out. But now I just found one with subs, so here you go.

http://www.animehere.com/pokemon-xy-episode-9.html

Also, some bad news. It seems the XY Dub won't start until 2014, I guess they don't want to risk catching up with the JP episodes and reaching a stalemate. Still a bummer though.

Thanks a lot.  Good dub, first I've seen that even substitutes the English names for everything as well which is nice.  Shame the dub won't come around til 2014 though. 

I'm getting really into this anime.  Honestly I haven't been this hooked on Pokemon for years (both in the game and the show).  Just the character dynamics and development as well as the animation has easily been the best its been in the series and we're not even 10 episdoes in!  Fingers crossed the series sustains this level of quality.

• Thumbs Up 3

The Kanto starter episodes will be airing in the interim though, making this the first time the Original Series episodes aired on Cartoon Network since the mega marathon that led up to the debut of the Diamond and Pearl series 6 years ago.

Honestly, they should've BEEN showing old episodes at least on the Weekdays at 8:00a.m.

It's a Mega Poke-palooza for the 17th movie. Oh, and Xerneas and Yveltal are there too. The movie is titled "The Cocoon of Destruction".

corocoro1141.jpg

baww two mewtwos are in this movie

It's a Mega Poke-palooza for the 17th movie. Oh, and Xerneas and Yveltal are there too. The movie is titled "The Cocoon of Destruction".

baww two mewtwos are in this movie

Eh. I could see Mewtwo changing between both versions. Now as for the Charizard.....PLEASE BE ASH'S CHARIZARD GOING MEGA. I WOULD GO WILD IF THAT WERE TRUE!!

Don't have any plans to see this thanks to reasons *grumbleM16mumble* but I will say that if (a) Mewtwo's gonna show up, there's gonna be some questions and rage by fans.

If it's the original? Then where the hell was he during M16 and why did we have to get a new one?

If it's Newtwo? Oh GREAT, the second-rate copy is back, HOORAY.

If it's one or the other? What the hell happened to the other Mewtwo?

If both show up? The whole concept of a new Mewtwo existing for no reason when every other incarnation of the franchise prior to M16 showed Mewtwo as being one of a kind is now irrefutably canon. I can't pretend it was a bad fever dream by someone anymore.

If it's a THIRD one? It's official, Yuyama (or whoever was responsible)'s finally become the George Lucas of Pokémon and clearly doesn't give a fuck about continuity, common sense and everything else that tells a human "this is why more than one Mewtwo is stupid, unneccesary and contrived" (not that Lucas actually did anything like this, but you know what I mean :U).

Now watch as Mewtwo's a no-show in this movie and this rant becomes meaningless.

And yes I'm still bitter about M16, why do you ask?

• Thumbs Up 2

You can do what I (and most other people) did and just assume that the movie (and by extension M16)is non-canon as all hell. Like a lot Pokemon movies tend to be. Saves you the headache.

Though I do wonder how much of a clusterfuck this movie will be considering it has Yvetal, Xernas and all these Mega Evolutions.

I expect Yveltal to be another misunderstood pokemon.

It's not as if Yvetal is an evil Pokemon, its just a Pokemon who kinda has to do what is ncesesary for the cycle of life and all that jazz.

I think X/Y themselves said Yveltal wasn't evil.

And really, after they pulled the misunderstood card for Mewtwo, Deoxys, Drarkrai, Giratina, Kyurem and FIVE Genesect, does anyone really expect the writers to grow a pair and make a 'mon a truly irrideemable bastard? I dunno about them, but I gave up hope for that idea long ago.

They can't really make "evil looking" Pokemon evil when that would seriously go against the source material. Giritina, Kyurem, Darkrai, etc. None of these mons are evil, they just appear that way.

That being said they COULD have gotten away with it with Genesect, but a irredeemable Pokemon would require it dying and you can't have that in Pokemon with the exception of Lucario for some reason.

Darkrai in the mystery dungeon games was an asshole , in fact he was the main villain.

So how is it going against the source material?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The anime is based on the games, not the Mystery Dungeon series. So I don't see why they would take characterization of a character based in a completely different canon.

I'm saying, if it's possible there, why not in the anime proper?

Just saying, the whole "he's just misunderstood" excuse for whenever a Pokemon does something bad is starting to get a little half assed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no, it IS half-assed, I'm not disagreeing, it's a issue that is really hurting these movies from being something more.

Im just trying to see it form their point of view and why they can't really be allowed to do that with the Legendary Pokemon. Since marketing has a lot to do with how certaIn Pokemon are portrayed. I actually do wish they'd take some liberties in that case (heck there's been a few "evil" Pokemon in the show, like those group of Litwick who wanted to, and almost did, steal Ash and co's souls).

Yeah the Litwick episode was problemly the closest the Anime ever got to protraying how nasty and devilous Pokemon can be by their In-game Pokemon Entries.

Both version mascots in the first movie.

Please. STOP. DOING THAT.

Seriously, what is it with the anime people lately deciding to just throw the two version mascots at the audiance when we've literally just gotten to this generation?

Okay, it wasn't so bad in DP, they gave us the version mascots for three consecutive movies, but they still got to play their roles in the main Team Galactic storyline in the anime.

But then BW screwed it up by bringing in Reshiram and Zekrom too fast (in two alternate movies that are impossible to canonize no less), leading to them having an extremely limited presense in the main anime (Reshiram had a prominant role in Episode N, sure, but Zekrom was reduced to a first episode cameo and a dream).

Why can't they just do what AG did, where the three mascots appeared over seperate movies?

Or better yet, what the Gold and Silver saga did, where one mascot appears in a movie that takes place before its respective generation, and the other not appearing in a movie at all?

• Thumbs Up 2

Don't talk shit about my Oshawott~! 

Also, from the impressions I got from Chespin in the latest episode. He doesn't seem to be nearly as obnoxious when it comes to spotlight hogging.