Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Speaking of which, just watched the latest episode with Froakie vs Frogadier..

tumblr_inline_n1b27ueaFE1rtkig4.png

Okay so, I may need to watch it again when subs are out to get the full scope of everything but from what I watched I really really enjoyed it

Like, im so glad we got a good training episode and an episode about Ash that wasnt totally self indulgent. Ash being humbled enough to ask for help in his training after Froakie lost to Frogadier is sweet, and as always I enjoy when he’s willingness to train with his Pokemon in order to “become one” with them so to speak, i imagine it gives him an idea of how they move and operate and therefore gives him the edge when the time comes to battle with them

Froakie was entertaining as was his rivalry with Frogadier, Im a bit miffed that he seems to be on something of a losing streak but im sure that will change come the next Gym battle.

The COTD was a very entertaining character and I liked how he was willing to hang out and chill with the gang for the day, sharing his thoughts and (what I assume) and dreams with them, and Ash did the same.

And I loved how throughout the episode Bonnie was playing around in ninja garb with Pikachu and Dedenne, she really is very endearing character when she does stuff like that I find. Also Serena’s knitting gimmick may be a possible hint to what she can strive for, though that’s stretching it a bit.

Team Rocket was a waste as usual, by at least they don’t take up the majority of the episode

The battles were really good, the animation was pretty good, just an all round good episode imo.

1939411_10202612976477675_1351002189_n.j

Bonnie sells Clemont off to a princess for a Poke Flute to wake up Snorlax. Clemont has none of that, constructs another Citron robot decoy, gives the robot his jumpsuit, and hauls ass out of there. Robot explodes in front of the princess. Cue fireworks.

Pokemon XY, ladies and gents.

Oh, and Ash and Serena didn't get the Parfum Palace fireworks scene after all. Womp womp.

Right now this whole thing is feeling like a disjointed mess of plot points - you have Diancie and the rest wanting to find a Legendary Macguffin, then Yveltal wants to kill them, but then Xerneas shows up and fights Yveltal for no reason, and Mega Evolutions are involved somehow, and apparantly at least one Mewtwo's gonna be in it (not so sure on this one, I've heard differing things)?

This all seems rather chaotic tbh - the Mega Evolution plot especially, that's feeling rather shoehorned in. Like, what do they have to do with Xerneas, Yveltal, Diancie or anything going on in this? Mewtwo especially - I don't know if one's actually appearing or not, but if one does appear, and whether it's the old one, the new one or both, Mewtwo dosen't seem like the kind of Pokémon you just throw in as a bit player.

At this point I kinda stopped expecting anything well written or coherent from these movies since I know something really good like Lucario and the Mystery of Mew will probably never happen again, i just hope to be entertained by the pretty animation and cool moments here and there.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the last good Pokemon movie was the Rise of Darkrai (yes I quite liked that one >>). Of course, Lucario and Mew was really good and the Manaphy one was cute and quite touching but nothing more.

But nowadays the movies are muddled with too much going on, plotholes everywhere (how does Kyurem transform into Black/White forme without Zekrom and Reshiram??) and too many legendary Pokemon appearing in one movie. Not to mention the short length of these movies thus no time spent on establishing the character's personalities. Now the movies are just for advertising purposes and fan service.

Speaking of BW

tumblr_n18bijBQy01rsrk2xo1_500.jpg

Iris Special finally going to air on March 27, for those of you who are an Iris fan.

Is that mother-fucking Rayquaza? He's my favorite legendary ever, awesome!

So the Malamar episode just aired and yeah it's pretty a bonafide evil fucking Pokemon and is hinted to be working for Team Flare, which pretty much sets it up as a recurring villain. He takes control of a Jenny, takes control of Team Rocket, then Ash's friends, has an evil laugh and was for forcing Jenny to build /something/, we don't know yet but still. I can't help but feel it's some Lovecraftian reference and we are to expect Malamar to be some poke-version of Cuthullu down the line.

tumblr_myol4bbUCT1rsrk2xo1_1280.jpg

I hope you're ready for an influx of fanart after this episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah there's also got this.

tumblr_n2dsm9NEen1r8sc3ro1_500.jpg

We got a scan from the upcoming Pokemon XY Special: The Strongest Mega Evolution Act 1.

This may be another Origins type deal where it's a separate special and isnt connected to the main anime, that or it's a story of another character in the same universe

You can't avoid it, so might as well accept it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh Soniman, I didn't know you were into THAT type of art.

Oh Soniman, I didn't know you were into THAT type of art.

FUCK, I guess I walked right into that one.

201403170123370000.jpg

6 upcoming episodes revealed in this month's Corocoro magazine, translation comes from Bulbagarden.

2. Satoshi VS Zakuro! A Fierce Battle At The Shouyou Gym!!
Satoshi finally challenges Zakuro to a Battle in the Shouyou Gym. How will he counter Zakuro's Iwark's Wock Tomb?! And also, will he be able to overcome the threat of his [...] Chigoras?!

3. A Rival in Love for Serena?! [...]...?
While on the way, Serena hands out special PokePuffs to everyone. But then a girl named Milfy appears, and starts teasing Serena's PokePuffs. Sparks begin to fly between Serena and Milfy!!

4. Eureka gets a new Pokemon to Keep?!
A Pokemon known as Flabebe sticks itself to a ribbon that Serena put in Eureka's hair. Eureka is interested in Flabebe, and asks Citron if she can Keep it, but...

5. The Champion, Carne appears! VS Satoshi?!
Carne, the [...] Pokemon Trainer in the Kalos Region, puts in an early appearance! Carne and Satoshi have a Pokemon Battle?! And! Carne's Sirknight MegaEvolves...?! Don't miss this shocking [...]!

6. Fake Satoshi?! Fake Serena?! Fake Eureka?! ...Huh? Where's Fake Citron?
Satoshi, Serena, Eureka... Doesn't something seem different about all of you? They look more grown up, and they seem to be planning evil deeds! The only one without a fake is Citron, but it seems there's a profound reason for that?!

7. The Gym Leader Koruni appears! And then...?!
Koruni, the Shalour City Gym Leader, appears together with Lucario! Is that a Key Stone on Koruni's glove...? And does that mean that Lucario will MegaEvolve?!

To sum it all up, Ash battles for his second badge, Serena finally gets both a rival and a proper battle, Bonnie wants a Flabebe, Ash battles the champion Dianna,Team Rocket disguises themselves as Ash and co, and the gang meets Korrina and her Mega Lucario.

Im shocked that this could be the first time Ash is an actual legitimate battle with a Pokemon Champion.

Typically, when Pokemon titles feature the "?!" punctuation, what happens is that the event in question is hyped up, but it ultimately doesn't come to pass. So given that, Ash vs. Diantha may not happen in this episode.

Titles with a just the "?" or "!" by itself lend to the event coming to pass.

Im shocked that this could be the first time Ash is an actual legitimate battle with a Pokemon Champion.

I'm gonna laugh if Ash beats Diantha in this episode only to get knocked out of the pokemon league (again) later on.

I'm gonna laugh if Ash beats Diantha in this episode only to get knocked out of the pokemon league (again) later on.

Every battle that's been seen in this show by a Champion or the Elite 4 has been a curb stomp (unless it was the Champion vs the Elite 4 in which case he/she curb stomps THEM) and the closest Ash has ever gotten to beating/battling them was when he battled Aldder and he forfeited because he's a lazy asshole, Sinnoh Elite 4s Flint and Bertha which resulted in a decisive win on their side, Hoenn Elite 4 Drake which was (you guessed it) a curb stomp, Kanto Elite 4 Lorelei which was just embarrassing cause Ash acted like a cocky asshole throughout that entire episode and Gretta which was a decent enough battle but he still lost in the end. As for other battles Cynthia pretty much curbstomped Paul with just her Garchomp and Aldder beat Trip with literally one move.

So yeah, Ash being in a serious battle with Diantha is kind of a big deal here. It could be possible foreshadowing for a "real" battle further down the line (if the writers have a moment of weakness and actually let Ash win the league) and it could teach him about Mega Evolution and finally make the whole concept known to him. Either way I don't see Ash getting very far with Diantha with a constantly fluctuating in power level  Pikachu, a Fletchling, and Froakie.

I hope Ash gets a Mega, but I don't want it to be a newly introduced Pikachu one! That would be unfair to Raichu... D=

So the kalos champion's name is the spanish word for beef?

Well, it's also Japanese for pomegranate. She shares the same name with a character in Tokyo Mew Mew (yeah I watch that anime!), that's how I know. XP

I hope Ash gets a Mega,

Would certainly be a nice time to reintroduce Charizard back into the team again.

but I don't want it to be a newly introduced Pikachu one! That would be unfair to Raichu... D=

What exactly do you mean by this??

Would certainly be a nice time to reintroduce Charizard back into the team again.

What exactly do you mean by this??

O

I think that it means that pikachu gets a mega evolution and raichu doesnt

That would have to contradict the the games entirely. The Pokemon shows may have a nasty habit of bending the rules horribly, but never have they done something as ludicrous as feature a Pokemon's transformation form not available in the game (can't say the same for Yugioh's shows though =P) !

Although dissing Raichu wouldn't surprise me at this point, considering how Pikachu gets the actual voice-acting and more personality, going to the point of majorities just setting for him/her with a light ball over (poor) Racihu.

Isn't Diantha only going to use Gardevoir to compensate?

Well it does mention Gardevoir Mega Evolving only so I assume so, it only takes one Champion Pokemon to sweep a regular trainer's team anyway.