Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Concerning that New Year's Special, Satoshi did say that 2014 would be the year of Mega Evolution, so expect a lot more focus on them as the year goes by.

Before that special, there will also be a marathon of the first episodes of each of the prior four Pokemon series. i.e., Ash's, Pikachu's, and Misty's debut episode, May's and Torchic's debut episode, Dawn's and Piplup's debut episode, and Iris's and Axew's debut episode. This marathon is being advertised as allowing new viewers to get gist of the history of the series.

In a perfect world, this would be foreshadowing of each of them coming in 2014 to show off a Mega Pokemon (Dawn can get an Abomasnow in the interim, w/e), but alas, this likely won't be the case.

An Absol was also featured in scans and a preview. Obvious what that's for.

Probably getting ahead of myself here, but do you guys think that Ash will get a Mega Stone and consequently have a Mega Evolution?  The only two candidates out of his Pokes at the moment are Charizard and Heracross.  Though considering the last time Heracross popped up barring the occasional trip to Oak's lab was for that one battle against Conway in the Sinnoh League (where it kicked ass) if I recall correctly, then Charizard is the likely candidate for a Mega Evolution.  Not to mention barring Pikachu, Charizard is probably Ash's most significant and most recurring Pokemon, having been with him through the entirety of Kanto, most of Johto, a lot of the second half of Unova and appearing a good number of times throughout the other series to take on tough battles.

But then also begs the question if Ash receives are Charizardite which one will he receive?  X like Red did or Y?  I'd personally like to see Y just to contrast with Red's X.  

The anime does a good job of incorporating significant elements of the games as part of the main characters' equipment and character. Misty has a Pokegear, Max has the Pokenav, Dawn has a Poketch, and the gimmicks of Gen III and IV, Contests, were May's and Dawn's goals. Since Mega Stones are the main appealing gimmick of Gen VI, and are the first to directly aid the player in beating the main game, it would be very odd if Ash doesn't use Mega Evolution as part of his strategies later on in XY.

Charizard seems like an obvious choice, but, and I know I'm emulating an old Gen IV fad here, I have the strangest hunch that Ash will receive the Lucario from Korrina to use as his Mega Pokemon. It's a required story element, Mega Lucario was featured in the pre-series scans, and in the opening despite not appearing yet, and it ties in with the aura concept that was made canon in the series for Ash in the Pokemon Ranger & Riolu special. The rate the series is going now - 11 episodes in and getting close to the Battle Chateau - it's possible Ash will reach Shalour City by the time a new opening will be put up. At the very least, Ash will meet up with Korrina on the road.

I want some Charizard Y action because for all the hype Charizard got in his Unnovan comeback, he didn't really… do anything. So here's hoping at the Kalos league or whatever, we get to see some high tension Charizard Y battles.

Maybe, maybe not. It's not like the anime does 100% of the story elements anyway. it ain't garunteed Ash will get a Lucario, or even if Korrina has two of them like in the games. We just have to wait and see.

Maybe, but it's something that the anime has more or less kept up with as it's gone on.

One thing I would like to see the anime break away from the games would be that Ash can get his Pokemon to break into their Mega state without the use of a Mega Stone, like the one Diantha's Gardevoir is using. Having to use a stone just feels like a crutch and like an in-universe cheat code for true potential that has been more or less implied as being accessible through the bonds between a trainer and his Pokemon; imagine the recognition Ash would get from the League and Pokemon trainers worldwide if he could have his Pokemon access this secret art without the help of an item, but instead through sheer willpower and the bonds he's made with his Pokemon. Kinda like Infernape's Blaze powerup, only in the form of a transformation.

It's kinda straying into Dragonball Z and Heart of the Cards territory, but hey, what kid doesn't like the hero basically screwing the rules and accessing awesome power through sheer vigor and heart?

Cool. But I don't see what it has to do with the anime.

>General Discussion

Its not all about the anime here it is the main Pokémon topic after all. everything else is just splintered off topics about individual games.

I think it means general discussion of the anime though.

Well if thats the case, theres no other topic for general discussion of Pokémon and this topic is widely established, so can I purpose a change to the topic's title making it a general discussion? it'll still be about the anime, just we can also post about stuff outside of the anime too and the games can still have their own topics.

If not, then I guess I'll go create one but it'll be redundant and probably get closed quick.

Please have that Malamar be evil...

Please?

>malamar

>evil

hahahahahaha good one mate

it'll be misunderstood like practically every other one of these types of guys and you'll like it

seriously I gave up after Genesect

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_myol4bbUCT1rsrk2xo1_500.jpg

I dunno man, that doesn't look like the face of a Pokemon who just wants friendship.

The Pokemon is known for his hypnotic power,which could mean that its willingly taking control of all the innocent Pokemon, which means Pikachu, and hell maybe even its "handler" as well (which looks an awful lot like Officer Jenny) and at the end of the preview Ash himself talks about how "awful" it is. And keep in mind, Ash NEVER talks shit about Pokemon like that, so I dunno, maybe this is finally the one.

Please have that Malamar be evil...

Please?

Well, he doesn't look very nice, does it?

Also, that scene with the Vivillon makes me think there will be another Bye-Bye Butterfree episode, especially since they focus on the pink one at the end.

But nobody among the group has a Vivillion.

It doesn't have to belong to anyone to the group, it may belong to one of those characters of the day or even Viola. It can even be one of those Pokémon that befriend Ash for one episode.

I'm interested to see how they handle Diantha in the anime since her game counterpart was....only just their, not really contributing to anything aside for given you Gardevoirs Mega Stone.

Also hoping she appears a lot throughout the anime too like with Cynthia, same about the Elite 4, especially Malva as she's the most interesting of them all.

Fitting that the first Pokemon Ash has a negative outlook on is a Cthulu Pokemon.

Have that thing be a reoccurring antagonist like Hunter J, and we might get something out of it. It would be like the evil Haunter in Pokemon Special.

So I got the Genesect movie for Christmas, and decided to watch it that made people so negative towards it.

Well I'll admit it could have been a lot better, but I did enjoy it better than Victini. I hated the Genesect, especially the blue drive one and the red one. Mostly because their voices drove me insane. I didn't enjoy Red Genesect sounding like a generic Ben 10 villain, or Blue drive Genesect sounding and acting almost like Fluttershy. If they were given better voice direction, perhaps I would have liked them more.

However, I LOVE Mewtwo in this. I like that she's more compassionate and considerate than the old Mewtwo (who I hope we never see again. Seriously, he's had enough movies.)

Overall I'd give the movie 7/10. The story was decent, just the voice acting was really dodgy and grating for such main characters. I hope we see more of this new Mewtwo in the X/Y movie, I'd love for her to get her own story arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to  wait for the dubbed version , but I have to know, how was the Pancham/Pangoro episode?

So apparently a upcoming episode that wasn't shown in the preview.

XY015 - ハリマロンVSマフォクシー!ダイエットバトル!? | Harimaron vs Mafoxy! A Diet Battle!?

A gluttonous 'Spiny Nut Pokemon' Harimaron eats too much and ends up with a fat belly. As such, it ends up battling Satoshi's Pokemon for to get some exercise after eating. But its belly is heavy, and its movements slow, so it ends up losing to Keromatsu and others. Worried that its health might be in danger, Citron, a Trainer, invents an Exercise Gear for Harimaron. (air date Feb 6)

p1BYSSu.gif

Credit goes to Bulbagarden.