Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

No reason Litleo and Pancham would be grouped in with TR's Pokemon on a page for Team Rocket if that was the case.

Pancham sounds appropriate for James because while he's part of TR, he does have a sense of honor and respect like Pangoro does. And Litleo's Y Pokedex describe its hotblooded nature and its compulsory habit of leaving the pride on its own - a nice parallel to Jessie's sheer amount of vanity.

• Thumbs Up 1

D6brufJ.png

Jessie gets Litleo.

James gets Pancham.

Are you freaking serious!?!

I always though Ash would get a Pancham and even a Litleo, but team Rocket does instead?

My mind is blown, those two don't even seem like Team Rocket-ty like Pokemon. I would've imagined them getting a Skrelp, Phantump, Pumpkaboo or Binacle.

What a Twist.

pyroar_female.png

If you didn't think Pyroar was a perfect match for Jessie before...

Plus Pancham could probably end up being his equivalent to Charizard, where he's a bit reluctant to follow James, and I could maybe even see him getting a bit rivalrous with Meowth, so in that sense possibly even a Mime Jr./Chimecho, with him appearing more often. Though he'll probably end up getting a Pangoro since he does have Inkay in his team already. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, that's good point about Pyroar's hair. They're made for each other. I can see Inkay evolving though and Malamar becoming the new Victreebel, inadvertantly causing James pain in some way or just plain scaring the shit out of him.

Just wait till they evolve.

True, and maybe they'll have actual personalites unlike their BW Pokemon.

THey had Pokemon in Black & White?

I love how Wobbuffet just comes back like he never left; he's also had the longest tenure too aside from Meowth.

...they had Pokémon in BW? I mean, I remember a Woobat that fucked Ash up in the beginning, but that's it.

Edited by Tmsp

Not sure if your being sarcastic or not, but Jessie had a Woobat and a Frillish, and James had a Amongus and a Yanmask.

And as if the writers new how meaningless they were, Jessie and James just gave them away to Giovanni without a second thought, no sad goodbyes involved.

Edited by SoniManbeast

And then we have Mime Jr. who just sorta disappeared a half a year before BW started.

As for the BW TR Pokemon, they really didn't want to leave them at the TRHQ, to be fair. They just presented them to Giovanni as their contribution for the Unova campaign.

So it's not that they didn't like their Pokemon, they're just scared of Boss Rocket more.

I thought they didn't bring their Sinnoh team with them cause Giovanni's assistant said that using Pokemon from other Regions would attract to much attention since Unova mostly had original pokemon, well this was before B2/W2 came out and older pokemon were starting to be seen.

I thought they didn't bring their Sinnoh team with them cause Giovanni's assistant said that using Pokemon from other Regions would attract to much attention since Unova mostly had original pokemon, well this was before B2/W2 came out and older pokemon were starting to be seen.

It was a real poor excuse because of Meowth.

It was a real poor excuse because of Meowth.

Not really since meowth pretty much acknowledge that as well. That's why he spent most of the time in a disguise before they went back to wearing white

And it most definitely will not be the generic bird that gets no spotlight in favor of Froakie and Pikachu.......nope. 

I miss Swellow and Staraptor.

Man Swellow and Staraptor were so legit because they were able to justify being on the Team and had a lot of awesome battles under their belt, instead of being grossly shafted by the "Starter Pokemon" Ash usually caught (because in those two cases Ash only had one or two starters). Pidgeot, Noctowl, and Unfezant all got shit screen time due to that reason..

So now that Ash is pretty much confirmed to get only one Starter, and Fletching is also serving as his defacto fire type as well as flying type, I expect it to turn in a decent performance.

Edited by Soniman

I expect lots of Flare Blitz awesome from his eventual Talonflame.

I wonder what else he will catch.

I have never really enjoyed the show, per se. But, I think I would definitely watch an episode featuring a certain unique character that the series has completely shoved aside. Now, I know Miror B. is from the cult-followed "spin-off" shadow pokemon series, but does that exempt that fact that he is a pretty cool, yet foppish, character? He is kinda like the Tingle of Pokemon, am I right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUNbR_bIdEk

In all seriousness, does anyone know why they scrapped this character? Just looking at him gives me a nostalgia-induced boner. And, dat music! The only thing that I could come up with is possible ownership issues due to the fact that the game was developed by Genius Seniority, but that seems a bit of a stretch. If not that, then I guess Nintendo and The Pokemon Company just want to hide the colosseum series from the world like an aborted fetus. Someone really needs to start a petition to get Miror B. in something*. I'll bet that petition would receive a ton of signatures. 

Talonflame is problemly THE most badass Bird aside from Staraptor, so yeah, I do hope Ash makes GOOD use of it unlike boring Unfeazant last Gen..

I have never really enjoyed the show, per se. But, I think I would definitely watch an episode featuring a certain unique character that the series has completely shoved aside. Now, I know Miror B. is from the cult-followed "spin-off" shadow pokemon series, but does that exempt that fact that he is a pretty cool, yet foppish, character? He is kinda like the Tingle of Pokemon, am I right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUNbR_bIdEk

In all seriousness, does anyone know why they scrapped this character? Just looking at him gives me a nostalgia-induced boner. And, dat music! The only thing that I could come up with is possible ownership issues due to the fact that the game was developed by Genius Seniority, but that seems a bit of a stretch. If not that, then I guess Nintendo and The Pokemon Company just want to hide the colosseum series from the world like an aborted fetus. Someone really needs to start a petition to get Miror B. in something*. I'll bet that petition would receive a ton of signatures. 

You pretty much just answered your own question. He's a spin off character from a spin off series.  They haven't made any follow up games to Colosseum/XD so why would Miror B be featured in anything else?  Unless they were to make an anime based on Colosseum or XD.

You know, saying that just made me realise how much I want one now...

EDIT: Also I'm amazed at how quickly Ash is getting to the first gym.  Judging by the episode 5 preview (i.e. next week's episode) he begins to face the Santalune Gym then.  I swear it hasn't been that quick since the Kanto series.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

Well this week is the week where Serena and Ash finally meet for the first time in years. What are you guys hoping it's like?

All I can say is that if the writers take a certain route, the internet shippers will tear themselves apart..................