Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

All I can say is that if the writers take a certain route, the internet shippers will tear themselves apart..................

They're probably already in pieces right now...

Internet shippers already tore themselves apart from The Bicker the Better, the Manaphy movie, the High Touch opening, and the Dominos Pizza commercial where Ash had his arm around Dawn's waist. It wouldn't be anything new.

All I can say is that if the writers take a certain route, the internet shippers will tear themselves apart..................

Actually, from what I've seen on various pokemon forums, a lot of people who supported a lot of past pairings such as pokeshipping, pearlshipping, and advancesipping, have really jumped on board this ship. So you never know. Then again this is the internet, so..... yeah.

Internet shippers already tore themselves apart from The Bicker the Better, the Manaphy movie, the High Touch opening, and the Dominos Pizza commercial where Ash had his arm around Dawn's waist. It wouldn't be anything new.

My reaction in order: Meh, Okay, Whatever, HUH?!!!

My reaction in order: Meh, Okay, Whatever, HUH?!!!

If you are going to tell me that they weren't clearly fucking by the time this commercial aired, you are lying.

zZ9jFLh.png

Just look at it. LOOK AT IT.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 3

You are going to tell me that they weren't clearly fucking by the time this commercial aired, you are lying.

zZ9jFLh.png

Just look at it. LOOK AT IT.

My "Huh?!" reaction was surprise, because I didn't know it existed.

Welp, it happened. Probably the only meta thing a Pokemon shipping got in Japan. No Ash X May stuff as far as I'm aware of, and there may have been one or two things for Ash X Misty, but there were plenty of meta for it from the dub.

So Inkay used Foul Play on Dedenne in the last episode by literally grabbing it mid-Tackle, swinging it around, and throwing it to the ground, using the Tackle's momentum to cause damage. Foul Play takes the opponent's Attack stat when calculating damage. I love it when the anime translates game mechanics.

The tears of Pokeshippers are my sustenance.

I've really been enjoying XY so far, and I thought the Genesect movie is a lot better than people give it credit for. Personally speaking, as popular as Mewtwo 1.0 is, "Mewtwo Returns" more or less finished his story.

The ending lyrics of today's episode were altered slightly. It mentioned Dedenne, Fokko, and Bakeccha.

Mentioning Fokko is expected, since that's Fennekin. But, Bakeccha is Pumpkaboo, which is kind of random at this point. So maybe Pumpkaboo is going to be acquired by someone soon.

And another episode title is know now:

"XY009: Lumiose Gym Capture! Secret of Clemont!"

They've...certainly gone and solved that mystery fast.

Edited by Razor Wind

Man, Ash is looking pretty compe-*Pikachu loses to a Surskit*........

Welp.

Now to be fair, Ash is kind of obligated to lose at least one Gym Battle per Season, even DP Ash lost in his first Gym Battle.

Personally I stake it more on all hopes riding on a barely trained, recently caught Fletchling then outright incompetence (because he managed to keep a cool head through most of the battle).

• Thumbs Up 1

Now to be fair, Ash is kind of obligated to lose at least one Gym Battle per Season, even DP Ash lost in his first Gym Battle.

Personally I stake it more on all hopes riding on a barely trained, recently caught Fletchling then outright incompetence (because he managed to keep a cool head through most of the battle).

Dude...Pikachu lost to a Surskit, there's no justification for that. 

Like if they wanted to make him lose, couldn't that just come later. Its just...not logical. And he doesn't even have the excuse of having no electric moves this time.

Glad to see Ash pretty competent so far in this series, despite the loss, which was fair.

Really giving me vibes of the DP and AG series.

Dude...Pikachu lost to a Surskit, there's no justification for that. 

Like if they wanted to make him lose, couldn't that just come later. Its just...not logical. And he doesn't even have the excuse of having no electric moves this time.

I dunno, it's not like this Surskit is a fresh Pokemon that hasn't had any experience, its a seasoned Gym Leader Pokemon that's probably seen tons of battles, Viola had several tactics in place that Ash was not prepared for. Im not saying its completely uncontrived, but it's still a hell of a lot more believable than the Snivy fiasco.

I can understand it being a Gym Leader's Pokemon, which is why its not as bad, but I don't understand why Ash Electro Ball or Thunderbolt her shit. If she had a strategy to shut down electric moves, fine, but she didn't.

I'm glad they're trying, but eh.

Surskit was extremely speedy on the Ice and Pikachu couldn't barely stand up, I doubt it could even hit it with it's electric moves even if it tried.

Gym Leaders in the anime tend to have strategies and specific moves for dealing with Pokemon that their own Pokemon are naturally weak against.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well to be honest I pretty much knew Ash was going to lose the Gym battle since it happens every season. But I'm really interested in that cliffhanger at the end. The writers must really be into romance this time around.

Bullshit. Ash still had no excuse to losing to a gym leader. As powerful as Pikarat should be, why didn't ash just blast the whole ground with a thunderbolt? Another reason why he should have kept Charizard with him instead of Pikachu. Fucking noob. But I'm okay with his bird losing against the butterfly thing. (I don't know the US names for the pokemon)

There is no way Ash could have saw the iced-over battlefield coming, especially from a Bug-type Gym Leader. Viola knew she needed to slow Pikachu down, and Ash and Pikachu were caught off guard, plain and simple.

Why does everyone seem to think that Pikachu having a lot of power = beat everything, win everything? It doesn't matter how much power Pikachu had, he wouldn't be able to beat Surskit on that ice battlefield since he couldn't hit it. And none of Pikachu's attacks have a wide attack arc that could be used to circumvent the lack of traction and control- Quick Attack and Iron Tail go only as far as its body does, Electro Ball is a relatively small energy blast, and Thunderbolt is a thin arc of electricity. If Pikachu knew Discharge, then yes, it could have won, but it didn't, so it lost fairly.

Be happy Ash didn't send out Froakie onto that icy death-trap next. Only then would a reset could have been considered.

There is no way Ash could have saw the iced-over battlefield coming, especially from a Bug-type Gym Leader. Viola knew she needed to slow Pikachu down, and Ash and Pikachu were caught off guard, plain and simple.

Why does everyone seem to think that Pikachu having a lot of power = beat everything, win everything? It doesn't matter how much power Pikachu had, he wouldn't be able to beat Surskit on that ice battlefield since he couldn't hit it. And none of Pikachu's attacks have a wide attack arc that could be used to circumvent the lack of traction and control- Quick Attack and Iron Tail go only as far as its body does, Electro Ball is a relatively small energy blast, and Thunderbolt is a thin arc of electricity. If Pikachu knew Discharge, then yes, it could have won, but it didn't, so it lost fairly.

Be happy Ash didn't send out Froakie onto that icy death-trap next. Only then would a reset could have been considered.

you can justify it anyway you want, it still seems weird that he couldn't even land a hit on it

So apparentley Ash and Serena both went to a Pallet Twon Summer Camp (something along those lines, I imagine it's like that temporary camp/school Rowan conducted in Sinnoh) and Serena remembers Ash from there, and when she asked if she remembers him well.....

Sorry shippers, looks like you're going to have to wait a while before the memroy comes back to Ash, XD. It's kinda a bummer because Serena even remembers all the catchprases Ash said back then (and even now).

On the plus side, the rematch training was pretty intense and Ash gave some actual good advice to Pikachu and Fletchling during it all. Oh and yeah the actualy gym battle itself was cool, I have to stress that it's nice to see a battle without the constant stock backgrounds and actually bothering to have dynamic angles and shit.

So that comic you posted was pretty accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much ya'll wanna bet Ash forgot, and the entire season is Serena trying to get him to remember.

Also, I caaaalllllled it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk