Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

I'm surprised after 2,000,000 seasons that the canon maintained even somewhat intact.

I haven't watched the anime in a while, but I do quite want to watch this one. Seeing as X/Y comes out so close to the launch, hopefully the anime won't throw out any new Pokemon at you before you encounter them in the game. Also, is October 17 Japan only? Would anyone now the UK premiere?

Well we don't know just yet, but the dub usually takes a bit, so it'll probably be some time after it debuts in Japan. For example, BW001 debuted in Japan in September 2010, but took 'till February 2011 to premiere in the States.

• Thumbs Up 1

They'll make a Pokémon available after the sixth gym appear as early as before the first.

Calling it now.

Also, someone said this on Serebii:

So. It isn't the same Mewtwo in M16. Despite how nonsensical it is for more than two to exist.

"Yeah! Lets clone Mew and do the exact same mistakes that some people did years ago and now are dead thanks to it!"

Edited by Tmsp

I seriously hope Ash gets a fully evolved water starter this time.

For the love of everything just in the world, PLEASE let him finally get a fully evolved Water Starter this time.

Ever sense Oshawott appeared in BW, I've been praying for that stupid otter to evolve into AT LEAST Dewott, Samurott if we got lucky, but NOPE, my wishes were denied once more.

Also hoping Fennekin is female.

Oh by the way, that's Red's hat he's wearing.

pokemon-fire-red--200405110308015_640w.j

So there we go, we wanted Ash to be more like Red, we got a slight push toward it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not believing it's a different Mewtwo until we get official confirmation that isn't poorly translated online.

The Pokèmon anime isn't that fucking dumb.

Ash's new get up is pretty nice, looks a lot less kiddy than his last one, also that hat is giving me AG vibes a bit.

Edited by Soniman

I'm not believing it's a different Mewtwo until we get official confirmation that isn't poorly translated online.

The Pokèmon anime isn't that fucking dumb.

Keep in mind they had a Baby Lugia when it was impossible for it to breed period.

Also, Ash looks pretty nice there. Also, I've lost all hope for him getting a fully evolved Water Starter. As long as the first form is cute, its always gonna be a mascot.

Keep in mind they had a Baby Lugia when it was impossible for it to breed period.

Oh yeah. Urghh.

I'm still hoping it is the original Mewtwo though. It is just so stupid if it turns out not to be.

If it's not the original they better at least acknowledge the original and/or why the new one ISN'T the original.

I know they've probably done it so as to not to alienate old fans by fucking with our precious Mewtwo.

Except by doing this they've probably fucked with him a thousand times more.

Unless the revealed forme is female only, in which case they'd have to create a new Mewtwo. (Of course you could argue: why give Mewtwo a female forme in the first place? If it's to showcase some new male and female forme trend, why pick a one-of-a-kind like Mewtwo?)

Edited by Pawn

Rumour is that this other Mewtwo loses to an Escavalier.

Steel-type resistance to Psychic attacks, Attack power comparable to Heracross, the ability to learn Megahorn, anime Mewtwos seemingly sticking with Psychic and Ghost moves.

I say Escavalier has a fighting shot.

Steel-type resistance to Psychic attacks, Attack power comparable to Heracross, the ability to learn Megahorn, anime Mewtwos seemingly sticking with Psychic and Ghost moves.I say Escavalier has a fighting shot.

And moves slower than a rock, and is quad weak versus fire attacks, which I'm sure Newtwo likely knows some.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile

And moves slower than a rock,and is quad weak versus fire attacks, which I'm sure Newtwo likely knows some.

It's pokedex entry says it moves pretty damn quick. Then again, that's Gameplay and Story Segregation at work there.

And moves slower than a rock, and is quad weak versus fire attacks, which I'm sure Newtwo likely knows some.

In the games yes, but in the Anime that thing flies around and attacks with lighting speed.

So on Pokémon Smash, if there was any doubt left in your mind that this wasn't a different Mewtwo, then it's gone now.

Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."

And that's literally all you're getting for why a new Mewtwo exists when it was practicallly established previously that no more could exist. He just felt like it just because.

I really have to hand it to him. I never thought that the concept of "Mewtwo gets a new forme and fights Genesect" could possibly be killed for me without requiring a good deal of effort. But he did it. By God, he really did it. He did it in one fell swoop.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 1

It is a new one, CC14. The director said so himself.

And the prologue? Told us nothing new about Newtwo's origins.

But new preview. Don't watch if you don't like bionic insects with ear grating, unfitting voices.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0KOPMbgBwc

Edited by Spin Attaxx