Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Hmm, I wonder if he's going to have all three starters again. If he just gets one, I'm hoping for Chespin since it's my favourite /shameless bias

The last time Ash did well with all three starter was in Kanto. Unova provide that he can't do that again. I would rather him just get froakie and evolve the darn thing.

We got a poster for the XY anime.

Sycamore excluding, Ash is alone in this one. To compare, the first Pokemon DP poster had Paul and Dawn, while for Best Wishes, Iris and Cilan were mentioned as main characters before any Best Wishes poster was released.

So maybe Ash is going alone this time unless Sycamore's going with him. :|

So Ash got a massive sunburn I see.

lol @ Ash screaming into the heavens about how he's going to be the Kalos region champion, and everyone around the tarmac just gives him wtf glances.

It's probably because they know of Ash's League history.

• Thumbs Up 7

Fennekin and Froakie's little quirks are adorable.

I like how Ash is all "I'M GONNA BE KING OF THE POKEMON MASTERS!" in that trailer.

Ash that would require you to be a Pokémon Master in the first play. To do that you must win many leagues. to date you've won a league in some island anyone but people from Kanto and Johto have heard of and the battle frontier which doesn't matter now.

How does the Battle Frontier not matter?

Have you heard about it post DP? Nope. Even then DP brushed over it in one episode and that was it.

Yeah, most leagues are rarely mentioned now that I think about it. There was Max knowing of Ash from the Johto league (or something like that), but that's the only one that comes to mind.

Have you heard about it post DP? Nope. Even then DP brushed over it in one episode and that was it.

Well not exactly, I thought it tied into Paul's character introspective pretty well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well not exactly, I thought it tied into Paul's character introspective pretty well.

In take case yes, but in show mention there was no other mention of it.

The last time Ash did well with all three starter was in Kanto. Unova provide that he can't do that again. I would rather him just get froakie and evolve the darn thing.

So Ash got a massive sunburn I see.

Actually....Johto. While he never fully evolved any of them, he did do pretty good.

I really hope Charizard tags along with him during this new season. It was great seeing charizard tag along for the short time he did during BW. But if Charizard is left with Dr Oak or goes back to the valley, I'll be pretty pissed. Next to Pikachu, he's like Ash's most reliable pokemon. Along with Baleef (sp?). Even Bulbasaur was not that reliable. Damnit! Charizard better fucking return as one of his main Pokemon

I loved Pokemon so much, I was digging in our backyard as a kid, and found some wood shavings (probably compost, but anyway) I thought it was a chip off of a door to pokemon world! i thought for sure I had hope of being a true pokemon master! (silly little kid :P ) actually, I still have my burger king toy collection :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually....Johto. While he never fully evolved any of them, he did do pretty good.

I really hope Charizard tags along with him during this new season. It was great seeing charizard tag along for the short time he did during BW. But if Charizard is left with Dr Oak or goes back to the valley, I'll be pretty pissed. Next to Pikachu, he's like Ash's most reliable pokemon. Along with Baleef (sp?). Even Bulbasaur was not that reliable. Damnit! Charizard better fucking return as one of his main Pokemon

As much as I love the johto season I can't give Ash's Johto starters any credit. Totodile and cyndaquil were sh** near the end with Bayleaf having a good gym battle. Ash's last badge was won with all Kanto pokemon. and in the league special merit goes to Charizard, Heracross, Pikachu, Bulbasuar and Squritle.

I loved Pokemon so much, I was digging in our backyard as a kid, and found some wood shavings (probably compost, but anyway) I thought it was a chip off of a door to pokemon world! i thought for sure I had hope of being a true pokemon master! (silly little kid tongue.png ) actually, I still have my burger king toy collection smile.png

Well when I was a kid I brought in a rock from outside and thought that soon enough would become a Geodude. I also watered some weeds thinking they would grow into Bulbasaur. And to top it all off I nickname my previous dog Growlithe and one of my parakeets Pidgey 

I've stood next to pokemon through its good and bad phases. I love playing the games and watching the anime. Although even though i love it there has been something bothering me lately. Which would be Team Rockets abrupt character change. Starting with the Black and White anime series Jessie, James, and Meowth were no longer happy go lucky misled characters who were bad at being bad. For no reason at all they suddenly were serious bad guys that were good at causing mayhem in the Pokemon world. When cartoon stories are as long as pokemon is, all the characters grow and change little by little. And I am fine with that. But this change in team rocket was far too abrupt and without a clear explanation. In the english version you can practically hear the frustration in the character actors voices about team rockets new transformation. I did not really see how integral Team Rockets comedy relief was to the show until pokemon completely changed them. I like pokemon black and white, especially Cilan and Iris. But its just not the same without the bumbling team rocket we have grown to love. Ok, I get that some of the animators were probably sick of drawing the same old story again and again. But I don't think that changing team rocket like this was the answer to bring something new to the pokemon story. Whats your guys opinion on the subject?

I loved Pokemon so much, I was digging in our backyard as a kid, and found some wood shavings (probably compost, but anyway) I thought it was a chip off of a door to pokemon world! i thought for sure I had hope of being a true pokemon master! (silly little kid tongue.png ) actually, I still have my burger king toy collection smile.png

Was it the Burger King Pokemon toys that were defective and had to be returned?Although, I was so obsessed with pokemon as a kid I didn't return mine tongue.png .

I dunno, I like Team Rocket and all, but by the end of Diamond and Pearl I was pretty sick of them, it made the show way to formulaic with them appearing and taking up 20% of the episode, like the Zord fights from Power Rangers. Best Wishes' character change was abrupt, but it at least made them more interesting and way cooler characters. They had their own plotline running concurrently with Ash's and they actually succeeded in some of their schemes, not to mention they didn't appear in every stinking episode. So yeah, I really liked the new Team Rocket.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've stood next to pokemon through its good and bad phases. I love playing the games and watching the anime. Although even though i love it there has been something bothering me lately. Which would be Team Rockets abrupt character change. Starting with the Black and White anime series Jessie, James, and Meowth were no longer happy go lucky misled characters who were bad at being bad. For no reason at all they suddenly were serious bad guys that were good at causing mayhem in the Pokemon world. When cartoon stories are as long as pokemon is, all the characters grow and change little by little. And I am fine with that. But this change in team rocket was far too abrupt and without a clear explanation. In the english version you can practically hear the frustration in the character actors voices about team rockets new transformation. I did not really see how integral Team Rockets comedy relief was to the show until pokemon completely changed them. I like pokemon black and white, especially Cilan and Iris. But its just not the same without the bumbling team rocket we have grown to love. Ok, I get that some of the animators were probably sick of drawing the same old story again and again. But I don't think that changing team rocket like this was the answer to bring something new to the pokemon story. Whats your guys opinion on the subject?

Was it the Burger King Pokemon toys that were defective and had to be returned?Although, I was so obsessed with pokemon as a kid I didn't return mine tongue.png .

I actually liked them that way. They where actually somewhat a threat to Ash unlike the previous series where they only dug holes, used giant mechas or cosplayed to try and get Pikachu.

I don't really keep up with the anime until it gets to serious battles like the later gyms, rival battles and leagues, but I saw some of the first BW episodes and I remember Jessie's Woobat actually giving Ash a hard time instead of being blasted with Thunderbolt like usual.

There is nothing wrong with being goofy, in fact they should be goofy, but just once in a while. I'm tired of seeing them blast again for years now.

Thinking about it, I really liked how "evil" they where in the first episode that they appeared. They started attacking the Pokemon center without caring about the sick Pokemon at all and it was the only episode outside of their release one where Koffing and Ekans actually fucked shit up.

I really like the Team Rocket trio, and them being actually pretty badass nowadays is great. I do kind of miss some of their goofier personality traits though, it'd be nice to see that and still have them be a threat. I can just imagine them wearing goofy disguises while taking part in a completely serious battle with Ash, stuff like that.

Also they totally need Wobbuffet to come back. Imagine competent Team Rocket using that thing.

These are very good points. I'm curious to see how you guys feel about Brock and Misty. Should those two come back to the show, or should Ash keep finding new friends? (that can cook for him since he cant cook for himselftongue.png )

These are very good points. I'm curious to see how you guys feel about Brock and Misty. Should those two come back to the show, or should Ash keep finding new friends? (that can cook for him since he cant cook for himselftongue.png )

Well, I like Brock. I fucking love Brock.

Brock knows lots of stuff about Pokémon and other important stuff like cooking, is a good trainer and Ash's best friend.

I would love to see him return, but only if they tone down the horny gag. Do it once in a while, not in every episode.

Cilan or Dent or whatever the dude with green hair is called its basically Brock-2. He does basically everything that Brock did except wanting to get laid with every good looking girl he sees. I also dislike his design, so I would prefer to have my boy Brock back.

Now Misty? Misty its long gone. She was a tomboyish girl that would get mad at Ash but also care about him. You can clearly see that the writters wanted to make her his love interest.

After she was gone we had May, Dawn and for some reason Iris, so its easier to care less about her now unless you are really stuck in gen I nostalgia.

I actually liked Dawn a lot more.

For XY, I would like to see Brock return and Serena join him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bring Tracey back, if you ask me.

With Karos being based off France, and with France being a central hub of artsy culture, Tracey would blend right in.

Tracey has roughly 40 episodes to his name, while Brock has over 500. I'd rather add more screentime and development for Sketchit than for Brock to get another 100 while doing what he always does.

Tracey kinda offers nothing for anyone, he's a band, but inoffensive characters, so I think he's fine where he is.

Everyone wants Misty back, but I can take it or leave it, if they're gonna bring her back at least give her a purpose because 70% of role was minimized to Togepi chauffeur and now with Togepi gown she would have to do something.

Brock has been around long enough and I think we need a break from him for awhile, I really liked Cilan as he shared some similarites with Brock, but still had enough differences to call his own.

For XY I would prefer Ash just be alone, with an occasional guest companion to hang out with for a few episodes at a time.

Edited by Soniman

I'd love it if Brock and Misty came back to travel with Ash in their new HG/SS designs. It'll probably never happen though.

Yeah, Im a bit on the fence myself. On the one hand Brock and Misty are awesome, but on the other if they hadn't have left we never would have met the other characters like Dawn, May, Iris, Tracy and Cilan. I personally liked May the best. It was kind of funny that she started out hating pokemon and yet was trying to be a pokemon trainer just to see the world.

I always find myself thinking of if I liked Dawn or May more, they have a lot of similarities, but also share quite a few differences as well...