Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

No.

And what would the Pokedex say that hasn't been said yet? Beedrill evolves from Kakuna and those stings are poisonous as fuck.

If the Pokedex told him what moves Beedrill had or something I could understand, but just dexing a Pokémon that he did before for no reason seems stupid.

I will assume that you play the games right? In all the games there are different tidbits of information about a pokemon. heck, in the same gen games most of the time the information is different. So there is a valid point in Ash doing this.  

And I will say, I do hate Ash's Oshawott with a passion, but I am looking forward to next weeks episode through.
Really? I find Oshawott one of Ash's better Unova Pokemon, while the others come off as extremely bland with no personality. Of course his Pokemon from the previous regions are much better.

I will assume that you play the games right? In all the games there are different tidbits of information about a pokemon. heck, in the same gen games most of the time the information is different. So there is a valid point in Ash doing this.  

Looking at all of Beedrill's Pokédex entries I can see that every single of them say the same shit: Beedrill appear in swarms, fly at high speeds and has extremely venomous stings.

Also, Ash already saw what a swarm of Beedrill can do.

I really don't see the point of scanning the bee other than wasting some seconds of the episode and making Ash look like it has amnesia.

I can understand Koffing since he neved dexed it, but looking at Beedrill and going "Aww shit, who is this Pokémon???" just seems stupid to me.

At times I like the anime. Other times I wish it could break boundaries time to time. Like Pokemon Special did with the newest issue.

943520_10151496734558043_1448901449_n.pn

Pokemon Special's Team Plasma abducts the Unova Gym Leaders and suspends them on crucifixes. Anime Team Plasma has a one-track mind for Reshiram and drives Pokemon crazy using a device Team Rocket's Professor Namba invented in Johto more than a decade ago. Take some risks, please, anime. sad.png

Edited by Joshua

There's "taking risks" and then there's ... whatever the hell that is, and that's coming from someone who likes the manga.

Crucifixion doesn't seem to be that big of a deal in Japanese media (as long as you're just tying the character to the cross, that is; gorily sticking nails in people is kind of objectionable on its own). I've seen it in plenty of kids' shows and stuff; it's just kind of a cheap shorthand for "the bad guys captured the good guys, but this time it's a ~big deal~".

Huh, that's actually pretty smart of Manga Team Plasma to take out the Gym leaders before they become a threat, through hanging them on a cross is kinda weird through, but whatever.

I am most dissapointed  that we have only seen Caitlin of the Elite 4 in the anime so far, that's just pretty bad man. I doubt we'll see the rest of them either, maybe at least one of them in the islands, but this is pretty sad.

No Shauntal makes me weep.

• 4 weeks later...

So the last chapter of the M16 manga is out, and some scans from the Serebii Forums:

tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o2_1280.jpg
tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o3_1280.jpg
tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o4_1280.jpg
tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o5_1280.jpg
tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o6_1280.jpg
tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o7_1280.jpg
tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o8_1280.jpg

So it looks like the other three Genesect side with Ash, while Red still remains bad. And what seems to be Mewtwo performing some sort of "I'm taking you with me" move on Red.

I'm getting even more interested.

Also, there's apparantly a prologue to the film coming on July 13. It may explain how Mewtwo got his new forme.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMpABtyCEAEinx3.png:large

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s4BiuTSHD0

I am now convinced that Mewtwo has a female voice because the producers honestly believe kids would be stupid enough not to notice.

Hopefully the dub will fix this.

EDIT: And apparantly folks on the Serebii Forums are saying this is probably confirmation that this is NOT the same Mewtwo, and that its background was retconned so a second one could exist.

If this is the case, then Pokémon jumping 99 sharks confirmed?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Some other scientists, or even Team Rocket again, could've attempted to clone Mew again, perhaps going off of notes about Mewtwo or something. A lot of bad guys are dumb. Especially in children's franchises. ESPECIALLY the scientists, for that matter.

For now, I'm sticking with my a silly theory that it's simply Mewtwo trying a different telepathic voice because he felt like it. It's really not that big a deal to me, I guess :P

So...are they replacing Ash or?

Nah, they're getting his 2nd cousin once removed Sah to replace him. He beat a Gengar with Hyper Beam once biggrin.png. No Scrappy Ability btw.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile

So...are they replacing Ash or?

Lol, where did that come from? I don't think we got any indication.

Edited by Soniman

I just saw the blonde haired boy and the Mewtwo trailer and saw no Ash and I was like...oh shit. New Region, new character.

I just saw the blonde haired boy and the Mewtwo trailer and saw no Ash and I was like...oh shit. New Region, new character.

No, its just a special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGU69Ma9i8g

Two guys acting weird and evidence suggesting that M16's Mewtwo is the same Mewtwo (namely the fairly-accurate depiction of Mewtwo's "birth" in M01).

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Something that I think could have happened is that the original Mewtwo was captured and then the scientist while running test cause Mewtwo to awaking his new form and changed its voice in the process. Like Freiza with its transformations

October 17th.

1044535_10200915601804369_114745327_n.jp

TV Tokyo announced on Sunday that it and its affiliates will premiere the latest Pokémon television anime, Pocket Monsters XY, on October 17. Satoshi (known as Ash in English) will remain the protagonist, and he and Pikachu will travel to Miare City (Lumiose City) at the center of the Kalos region. There, they will encounter never-before-seen Pokémon and make new friends. Thus begins a new adventure as Satoshi takes on the Kalos League.

Among the new Pokémon in Pocket Monsters XY will be Keromatsu (Froakie), Harimaron (Chespin), and Fokko (Fennekin).

Not coincidentally, the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games will launch on the Nintendo 3DS worldwide on October 12. The same new Pokémon in the upcoming anime will also be featured in this next generation of Pokémon games at the Kalos region.

The first television anime series based on Nintendo's Pokémon game franchise premiered in Japan in 1997, and it then premiered in the United States in 1998. Pocket Monsters XY will be the fifth new television anime title in the franchise, and first new one in three years (since Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes! in 2010.)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-30/pokemon-xy-tv-anime-to-debut-on-october-17-with-satoshi/ash

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well at least Ash doesn't looked like he ransacked the MC of Black/White 1's wardrobe as much as he did in Best Wishes.

Its nice that they are doing the anime close to when the games are coming out too so we won't be spoiled as much to the new pokemon.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET
  • Thumbs Up 1

001l-2.jpg

Looking pretty spiffy here. I like the outfit, and I also like how cool he looks in this shot, reminds me a little of the previous Ash design from the pre B/W seasons.

Its nice that they are doing the anime close to when the games are coming out too so we won't be spoiled as much to the new pokemon.

They'll make a Pokémon available after the sixth gym appear as early as before the first.

Calling it now.

Also, someone said this on Serebii:

Someone tweeted Nanamaru in English and asked a few questions, so we have some more definitive answers (just bear in mind that Nanamaru used an online translator):

Regarding the creators of the new Mewtwo:

So. It isn't the same Mewtwo in M16. Despite how nonsensical it is for more than two to exist.

Pokémon jumping 100 sharks confirmed.

Edited by Spin Attaxx