Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Twist: Ash Learns there's no such thing as a Pokemon master.

Countertwist: He wakes up from his dream and realizes he was in a coma all these years and has not accomplished anything and these so called pokemon never existed.

• Thumbs Up 4

"HERACROSS! BLOW THE FLAMES AWAY!!!"

> Heracross is completely unscathed after being hit with two super effective attacks at point blank

oh my god this is so stupid

Edit:

how the fuck does a megahorn stop a flamethrower what is this even

Edited by Discoid

> Heracross is completely unscathed after being hit with two super effective attacks at point blank

Dis gon be guud.

You should watch the 7th Hoenn Badge battle for lulz.

So then tell me why has Ash not challenged any of these "Pokemon Masters" if its his goal to be one? What has he done to pursue this?

This entire argument is moot anyway because Sean confirmed what I already believed: The writers don't know what the hell a Pokemon Master is and just made it up to give Ash an excuse to go travel.

Except him competing in Leagues, which is what I assume serves the same function as the games do in having his character be recognized as a great and skilled trainer. Characters like Cynthia are seen as Pokemon Champion Masters or something to that effect, meaning that there IS an established title of Pokemon Master or at the least a title where you're recognized as a top tier trainer. I think that's the position Ash wants to strive for.

You would think a Pokemon Master would be the one who is the top competitive battler in a region; that's pretty much what it is in the games innit? So, assuming this, Ash does have somewhat of a goal; the problem for me is that his skill doesn't seem to be scaling properly with his continued experience. He has a shitload more battling experience and Pokemon at his disposal than each of new rivals do at this point. The only base he has uncovered is not owning a legendary. Otherwise, he should pretty much be sweeping leagues. But he's not, due to the aforementioned restrictions placed on his progression as a character. So, even if he does have a tenable goal, he's never going to fucking get there to any notable degree, so what's the point in following him other than to be angry at the world?

• Thumbs Up 1

You would think a Pokemon Master would be the one who is the top competitive battler in a region; that's pretty much what it is in the games innit? So, assuming this, Ash does have somewhat of a goal; the problem for me is that his skill doesn't seem to be scaling properly with his continued experience. He has a shitload more battling experience and Pokemon at his disposal than each of new rivals do at this point. The only base he has uncovered is not owning a legendary. Otherwise, he should pretty much be sweeping leagues. But he's not, due to the aforementioned restrictions placed on his progression as a character. So, even if he does have a tenable goal, he's never going to fucking get there to any notable degree, so what's the point in following him other than to be angry at the world?

prime example being the Unova league. Had he brought Charizard earlier or any of his heavy hitters he could have made it further. But again this would be a moot point since Charizard beat an Articuno only to lose to a Dusclops.

Edit:

how the fuck does a megahorn stop a flamethrower what is this even

Did you know that Thunderbolt can do damage to a Rhydon if you aim for the horn?

And that Bulbasaur learns Whirlwind?

And don't forget that Swellow can use Thunder as fucking armor.

• Thumbs Up 2

Did you know that Thunderbolt can do damage to a Rhydon if you aim for the horn?

And that Bulbasaur learns Whirlwind?

And don't forget that Swellow can use Thunder as fucking armor.

I account those first two as Early Installment Weirdness.

That third one? Yeah, they just plained fucked up there, don't know what they were thinking.

Did you also know that Bulbasuar learned how to use DIG.

Actually lampshaded when they said that Bulbasaur only used it because he was about to fucking die and it's said that Pokemon use moves they normally couldn't in extreme situations.

Edited by Soniman

So let me get this straight. A full power Fire Blast bear hug? Psh, whatevs yo. Heracross can take that shit.

Flamethrower to the face? Lol, Heracross can blow those flames away mothafuckah.

Another Flamethrower at a distance? Lol, Heracross can redirect that shit with his horn.

All that and Heracross shows no signs of damage or fatigue, and doesn't have a speck of dirt or any scratches on him.

But a Hydro Pump? Aww shit son, that's too much. 1x damage as opposed to three super effective moves in a row? Shit just got real man one hit KO that Blastoise is so powerful.

Edit:

Okay, Muk vs. Blastoise was alright. I'll concede that.

Edit again:

Bayleaf... why the fuck does he have a non-fully-evolved Pokemon in a League Battle against a Blastoise?

Edited by Discoid

prime example being the Unova league. Had he brought Charizard earlier or any of his heavy hitters he could have made it further. But again this would be a moot point since Charizard beat an Articuno only to lose to a Dusclops.

Okay, this is bullshit.

Granted, I haven't really been watching the anime for Ash anyway. For what it is, I simply think it's increased in quality: Great support characters (Cilan's a hilarious dork), better characterized Pokemon companions, Team Rocket became a significant threat for awhile, Giovanni came back, battles less focused on circumstantial bullshit and more on the skill and wit of the trainer- at least as I remember it- and better animation and dubbing. The Black and White series is surprisingly digestible, so it's something to wake up to in the morning.

• Thumbs Up 2

So let me get this straight. A full power Fire Blast bear hug? Psh, whatevs yo. Heracross can take that shit.

Flamethrower to the face? Lol, Heracross can blow those flames away mothafuckah.

Another Flamethrower at a distance? Lol, Heracross can redirect that shit with his horn.

All that and Heracross shows no signs of damage or fatigue, and doesn't have a speck of dirt or any scratches on him.

But a Hydro Pump? Aww shit son, that's too much. 1x damage as opposed to three super effective moves in a row? Shit just got real man one hit KO that Blastoise is so powerful.

Edit:

Okay, Muk vs. Blastoise was alright. I'll concede that.

Edit again:

Bayleaf... why the fuck does he have a non-fully-evolved Pokemon in a League Battle against a Blastoise?

obligatory grass beat water. Johto in all honesty is one of my favorite region but only for nostalgia. If looking at it in a logical view. Ash's johto pokemon where given an f u in favor of Kanto ( Bulbasuar overstayed its welcome. Charizard and Snorlax came to save the day for Ash's 8th Badge)

Charizard only lost because Ash told him to seismic toss the fucking thing. And as you can imagine using a fighting type move on a Ghost-Type tends to waste a move and leave you wide open.

That may be true, but the point is, anyone with Ash's level of experience at that point in the series should've known that, and it's even more disgraceful to have that proceed the defeat of a freaking Legendary Pokemon. 

I can't....

... Sigh. This is almost giving me Dragon Ball Z vibes at this point.

There's no logic to their attacks. There's no strategy. There's no mind games. There's no prediction.

It's literally just throwing Pokemon at each other and spamming their strongest attacks, with the only exception being Blastoise vs. Muk which was somewhat interesting.

Arcanine Vs. Snorlax - 

> Arcanine uses Flamethrower

> Snorlax just sits there in the flame taking the attack

> Snorlax uses Hyper Beam

> Oh no it's a One Hit KO

> Snorlax wins hooray

I'll compare in more detail to the Red vs. Blue fight when I finish, but I can already see a massive difference in quality. 

... Sigh. This is almost giving me Dragon Ball Z vibes at this point.

There's no logic to their attacks. There's no strategy. There's no mind games. There's no prediction.

It's literally just throwing Pokemon at each other and spamming their strongest attacks, with the only exception being Blastoise vs. Muk which was somewhat interesting.

Arcanine Vs. Snorlax - 

> Arcanine uses Flamethrower

> Snorlax just sits there in the flame taking the attack

> Snorlax uses Hyper Beam

> Oh no it's a One Hit KO

> Snorlax wins hooray

I'll compare in more detail to the Red vs. Blue fight when I finish, but I can already see a massive difference in quality. 

If you want actual legit strategy and mind games, then I think Paul vs Ash would be more up your alley. lol

If you want actual legit strategy and mind games, then I think Paul vs Ash would be more up your alley. lol

If you can link me that I'd gladly watch it and write my thoughts on here.

I just asked for Ash vs. Gary because it matches Red vs. Blue.

It kind of sad that Gary and Ash never had that many battles. SOOO many missed opportunities. The build up that Paul and Ash had was perfect. We all knew by now how it would end but it was the road to getting there that was interesting.

If you can link me that I'd gladly watch it and write my thoughts on here.

I just asked for Ash vs. Gary because it matches Red vs. Blue.

wait till you see the Blastoise vs. Charizard part. priceless.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just gonna finish the Ash vs. Gary fight and compare between that and Red vs. Blue before watching the other fight. 

I really hope the Paul fight doesn't have so much "Dodge and use ____!" because that doesn't even count as strategy in my eyes. Weak.

Edit:

Why didn't Scizor just blow the flamethrower away... since, you know, apparently that's a perfectly possible, viable strategy.

Edited by Discoid

Just gonna finish the Ash vs. Gary fight and compare between that and Red vs. Blue before watching the other fight. 

I really hope the Paul fight doesn't have so much "Dodge and use ____!" because that doesn't even count as strategy in my eyes. Weak.

it still has it WTF moments. Torterra is just a punching bag. Then again Torterra was a punching bag since it evolved. It should have just stayed as a grotle.

Until the ending when DBZ syndrome kicks in

The DBZ syndrome its called Blaze.

TtnNZOk.png

Edited by Tmsp