Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

I know he did. I was just wondering if the special provided further information on it or not.

Edit: Nothing, eh? Woooooooooow. That's just sad. You'd think they'd use it to give it a cool origin or something.

Edited by CC14 the Vipester

Y'know...when every legendary under the sun can speak telepathically, it's not all that special or surprising anymore.

Y'know...when every legendary under the sun can speak telepathically, it's not all that special or surprising anymore.

It doesn't even make sense for some Pokemon; psychics yea, because ya know....psychic, but why the flying fuck can Shaymin, and The Musketeer trio and Keldio speak telepathically, yet pokemon like Deoxys can't. Where the hell is the consistency.

Deoxys is an alien. I'd be surprised if it could speak the planet's language fluently. tongue.png

Deoxys, the three bird legendaries (2000) ... any other legendaries that can't speak telepathically? Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh wow haha, so it is a new Mewtwo.

That literally makes zero sense, especially with no explanation.

Most legendaries I can understand being a species even if they are super rare (the games even give explanation to this by having Arceus literally create a new Palkia/ Dialga/ Giratina in front of your very eyes). Mewtwo is not this, Mewtwo is a fucking one off, this is as stupid as if there were suddenly 2 Shadow the Hedgehogs 'just because'. I know they've probably done it just to avoid upsetting old time fans but if anything it's much more annoying that they've done it this way. Either that or the writers are so fucking incompetent that they didn't even think to just give the new forme to the original.

I pray the games give a realistic explanation to the new forme though I am now very worried we're going to get nothing at all.

Talking about Deoxys, why is it considered a Pokemon? Isn't it an alien virus that took that form after making contact with "our" planet?

Do people from that world call Pokemon everything that isn't a regular person?

Well, it can use Pokemon moves, so ... why wouldn't it be considered one?

Well, it can use Pokemon moves, so ... why wouldn't it be considered one?

I can also use stuff like Karate Chop, Low Kick, Sucker Punch and Headbutt and I still don't have my own Pokedex page.

By the logic that they went to make Deoxys, Cancer should also be a Pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can also use stuff like Karate Chop, Low Kick, Sucker Punch and Headbutt and I still don't have my own Pokedex page.

By the logic that they went to make Deoxys, Cancer should also be a Pokemon.

Tmsp

The Inquiring Pokemon

Weight: I dunno

Height: The size of his avatar box

Bio: You fill it in, I'm too lazy.

• Thumbs Up 4

It makes no sense for Zorua to use telepathy, the thing is not even a Legendary. It's pretty much as normal as any other Pokemon and can even breed.

Lucario I can sorta understand with the Aura thing, but Zorua made no sense.

Have another trailer, and realise that this could've been nigh-perfect if only the director actually gave a shit about established continuity among other things.

This movie looks GORGEOUS...except one issue: it's not THE Mewtwo and it makes absolutely no sense that it's another one no matter how you look at that.

I can't really be too bothered, since this is just one in a long, long list of pokemon continuity errors and this show's main purpose is to sell the games.

It still looks like a fun watch.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sooooo...still no explanation given on why there's suddenly a new fem!Mewtwo? *sigh*

At least the animation looks nice.

Sooooo...still no explanation given on why there's suddenly a new fem!Mewtwo? *sigh*

At least the animation looks nice.

The "explanation" is literally "just because".

Which i find dumb, if they weren't gonna bother giving this new Mewtwo a backstory for why it exist, then why make a new Mewtwo in the first place? They have a perfectly usable old one RIGHT THERE.

The best part? The ABSOLUTE BEST PART?

Newtwo's backstory is LITERALLY Mewtwo Returns with all Team Rocket elements removed.

So they make the new guy have a past almost exactly like the old one.

M16 is out in Japan, Pokébeach has a summary... and... it really isn't good.

• Ash asked Mewtwo who she is. No one had ever seen a Mewtwo before.
  • Mewtwo was cloned from Mew by different scientists, who are evil, then unintentionally blew up their lab and killed them after they were shocking her with electrodes and she was trying to push them away.
  • Mewtwo traveled away and got zapped by lightning in a storm, then fell to the ground and into a cave. Some Pokemon nursed it back to health.
  • Mewtwo's new forme is obviously some sort of speed forme.
  • Genesect were revived from fossils by Team Plasma then escaped.
  • The Genesect attack New Tork City because it reminds them of their home from prehistoric times and they want to take over. They try to make a nest for themselves.
  • The Genesect with the Douse Drive gets close to Ash and crew and protects them. He has a little boy's voice and is nostalgic for a flower that is growing in New Tork City that is from their home. He is not aggressive at all and is portrayed as "cute."
  • Red Genesect is a meany and tells the other Genesect to attack everyone, but it's not really evil. However it can force the other Genesect to fight against their will (which happens with Douse Drive Genesect a lot). As they attack Ash and crew, Mewtwo saves the day.
  • The rest of the film is about Mewtwo trying to convince the Genesect to go with her - they are unneeded Pokemon born unnaturally, so they should go somewhere else together.
  • Red Genesect and Mewtwo zoom around the entire city. The worst of the damage is a few smashed walls.
  • The Genesect nest catches fire because it is feeding into the city's generators. While the wild Pokemon have been attacking the Genesect the entire film (and vice versa), they help put the fire out and the Genesect are touched. They stop fighting.
  • At the end, Red Genesect isn't listening to anyone so Mewtwo grabs it and zooms up into space. Both lose consciousness. They wake up and watch the sun peak around the Earth, learning that they are part of this world or whatever, then fall back through the atmosphere at uncontrollable speeds. Red Genesect helps Mewtwo as they fall and the two take each others hands. The other Genesect form a web to break the fall, Charizard and Dragonite help, and the Psychic-type wild Pokemon form a bubble from a pond to stop them from hitting the ground.
  • The Genesect make their home in New Tork City and form a new nest near the flowers.
  • Mewtwo leaves, but then at the end of the film is watching over the city.
  • A wild Sableye and Feraligatr were heavily featured in the film. Feraligatr because it was needed to put out the fires, Sableye for no real reason. Perhaps it will have an evolution in X/Y, so they decided to promote it here?
  • At some point in the film there was a shot of New Tork City on fire with thick clouds of black smoke (one of the characters was describing what would happen if the Genesect nest continued to expand into the city's electrical systems). It looked very much like 9/11. When we walked out of the theater we all simultaneously stated that we think the shot will be cut out of the American dub. XD

So anti-climactic nonsensical ending (seriously, how does watching a sunset translate into "you have purpose"?) and being robbed of a potential evil Pokémon again aside, M01 and MR (and by extension the first Mewtwo), for all intents and purposes, never happened.

Words cannot describe the amount of fail here, so have this image instead:

fzx9k.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Which i find dumb, if they weren't gonna bother giving this new Mewtwo a backstory for why it exist, then why make a new Mewtwo in the first place? They have a perfectly usable old one RIGHT THERE.

Well I'd hate to be the one to explain to the Mew/two shippers as to why Mewtwo lost his balls.

...I was really hoping this movie was gonna be something big. Something great. It's been in development for well over a year...what happened? The part about Mewtwo and Genesect...this is starting to sound like a love story more than a Pokemon movie.