Awoo.

Sonic '06 Done Right.

Linneus

And how do you propose we do that without making it a different game. Take out the shittyness and it's not 06.

Yet on the very same page we have posts about Blaze being Princess, Shadow being pulled out of the game, and a city filled with Raccoon animals.

Yet on the very same page we have posts about Blaze being Princess, Shadow being pulled out of the game, and a city filled with Raccoon animals.

That i still think would make it a new game altogether. Add any of those changes and it doesn't feel like 06.

Random Idea off the top of my head:

Story

Silver is an insecure kid who has dreams of becoming a hero. He attempts to be "heroic" on a daily basis, but due to naivety and inexperience, this oftens ends up to being more than he can handle. At some point in the story after his many humorous failures at being a hero, he meets Mephiles who offers him the means to become a hero. Mephiles weaves a tale of how 7 powerful gems, the Sol Emeralds, were stolen from him by a vicious sorceress (guess who? :3), who hails from an ancient family; she is feared by her people and is close to unlocking the power of the gems. He tells Silver that with their skills combined, they could prevent this tyrant from unleashing unspeakable destruction on the world. Silver is enamored by the idea and wholeheartedly agrees to the deal.

After the first level, Silver and Mephiles head to where the Sol Emeralds are NORMALLY kept (where is that again?) only to find they have been moved, and a guardian (one of the koala guys in a repaired Eggman mech maybe?) established to deal with them. Upon the koalas defeat, he inadverdantly mentions Blazes name, revealing the identity of the "sorceress", as well as wondering what reason they (Silver and Mephiles) could have to attack such a sacred shrine. Mephiles coldly mentions that it's a personal matter, but due to Silver watching, is forced to let the koala go. Silver is confused, but Mephiles basically tells him to shut it.

After a few levels, Silver and Mephiles reach town, only to find 2 wanted posters, with Silver and Mephiles' faces slapped on them. Silver naturally freaks out and wonders if he is actually commiting a crime, but Mephiles tells him that the Royal Army in this region is corrupt and serve Blaze alone; as a result, Silver and Mephiles are considered "enemies". Silver does however note that Mephiles' poster not only has a higher bounty, but also appears to have significantly more crimes attached onto it He recall Mephiles earlier statement and begins to wonder if theres more to this than meets the eye.

After a few levels, involving storming the castle keep in which the Sol Emeralds have been moved to, Silver and Blaze finally meet. Blaze angrily asks why Silver would willingly dam himself by consorting with Mephiles; needless to say, Silver has the Idiot Ball and accuses Blaze of being a vile sorceress who brings fear and hatred among her subjects. Blaze is understandably offended and the two duke it out. Just as the fight finishes, A devastating blast of energy erupts from the vault in which the Emeralds are held; Mephiles has obtained all the Emeralds and now shows his true colors. He taunts Blaze for bringing all of the Sol Emeralds into a single place, sarcastically thanking her for being so predictable. He then thanks Silver for his part in being an idiotic pawn and promptly deals a critical blow, knocking out the shocked and horrified Silver.

Silver comes to, bandaged and rested, with everyone in the room understandably wary of him. Blaze tells everyone to leave, and after they do, begins to tell the full story of Mephiles.

Mephiles' original name was (Insert silly name that sounds similar to his current one, except less evil) the Wise, and had worked as the court's royal wizard, with a fair degree of influence on the Royal family of the time (implying that he is at least a few hundred years old). He sought to find a way to travel to other dimensions without the need for having to search for the randomly appearing rifts that occasionally popped up (like the one that brought Sonic and Tails to the Sol Dimension in SRA or vice versa in SR). However, this was only a face; Mephiles was a sociopath, and cared very little about improving exploration or anything that benefits others. rather, through manipulation and his powers, he sought to use the ability to travel in between dimensions to gather an army to crush and dominate every dimension possible. His discovery of the Sol Emeralds helped him to build up a sizable army in which he waged war on the Royal Family, only being defeated after the Sol Emeralds were taken from him. Up until recently, most had assumed he was dead. By this point, he named himself Mephiles the Deceiver (Warcraft reference! :3).

Silver, understandably wants to redeem himself for his part in helping Mephiles, and after some reluctance, Blaze agrees. They both go through various levels together (think Sonic and Blaze in SRA) all the while helping each other; Blaze helps Silver learn how to control his underdeveloped PSI while Silver helps Blaze with her closed off nature towards him (Sonic and Cream certainly helped in that regard in SR/SRA, but she still likely had some difficulty trusting Silver after his massive mess-up). Along the way, the lands around them is becoming noticeably warped, with new monsters vaguely resembling Mephiles in color and appearance (Crystal-like and dark colors; the areas are warped versions of the originals or just really disturbing looking).

They eventually reach the place where Mephiles is hiding, in the middle of finishing the summoning of new beasts for his army, and to locate a new target: Sonic's dimension. Blaze and Silver duke it out with Mephiles, and are given a thrashing. Mephiles taunts Silver for his overly idealistic views, pointing out that it took an army to be able to weaken him and the loss of the Emeralds (which he now had placed in a difficult to reach area to act as power for his portal to Sonic's world). Silver says cheesy/badass quote, and properly using his powers for the first time (he could use them at the beginning of the game, but his skills were woefuly underdeveloped, resulting in alot of chaos), and forcibly rips the Sol Emeralds from their dark prison, and uses them simultaneously with Blaze to go Super. Desperate, Mephiles is able to invoke all of his dark power to become an Eldritch Abomination, but is inevitably defeated and banished to a limbo zone in between dimensions; one way in, no way out (maybe).

Silver has finally proven his heroism, and is treated as such by everyone. He is offered the opportunity to train as a castle guard, something which he gleefully accepts.

He also noticeably gains a sort of bravado to maybe impress Blaze *wink wink* (although you don't have to include this)

Common Running Gags

Throughout the game, the most common runnin gag will be about Silvers hair/quill style. such jokes/unintentionally or otherwise insults include:

Giant Bedhead

Glued a Cactus on his head

Peacock sleeping on his head

Etc.

Others may include jokes about romance between Blaze and Silver (subjective, since this is not everyones cup of tea), And maybe a few run ins with "DASHING RACCOON BUCCANEER MARINE" (Come on! She's pretty much part of the package!)

Gameplay

See my post about Silver's potential attacks here: (P.S., its Enigma, not Haruhi the OP)

Blaze I think everyone can figure out.

And thats all I can think of. Thoughts?

Edited by Enigma2Me

And how do you propose we do that without making it a different game. Take out the shittyness and it's not 06.

I'd like to know why it's that simple.

Would Sonic Unleashed be Sonic Unleashed if the Werehog was a bit more polished and refined then what we got?

I'm pretty sure it would.

Would Sonic Adventure still be the same if the alternate gameplay styles were done well, and all of them were fun?

Pretty sure it would.

Would Sonic Heroes be Sonic heroes if the team gimmick was actually a good concept and executed well?

Yep.

Not saying it will happen, but remake of Sonic 06 will be a remake of 06, no way how you put it. Making a game better does not change the identity it was supposed to have as Sonic's 15th Anniversary Celebration.

I don't understand how fixing something so it isn't broken will change it's identity in essence.

• Thumbs Up 3

A nice bunch of people has been trying to say IT DIDN'T NEED TO BE A REMAKE!

It could be a new game that could replace '06's plot! Just think a little about it, OK?

Edited by XRick

I'd like to know why it's that simple.

Would Sonic Unleashed be Sonic Unleashed if the Werehog was a bit more polished and refined then what we got?

I'm pretty sure it would.

Would Sonic Adventure still be the same if the alternate gameplay styles were done well, and all of them were fun?

Pretty sure it would.

Would Sonic Heroes be Sonic heroes if the team gimmick was actually a good concept and executed well?

Yep.

Not saying it will happen, but remake of Sonic 06 will be a remake of 06, no way how you put it. Making a game better does not change the identity it was supposed to have as Sonic's 15th Anniversary Celebration.

I don't understand how fixing something so it isn't broken will change it's identity in essence.

I don't know. When you think about it that logic is really silly. Its not even logic its just gibberish. If a fat person exercises and looses weight that person hasn't become a whole new entitiy. They are healthier and so they are better but its the same person. People saying that fixing 06 would make it an entirely new game that couldn't be called 06 is well...Dumb. Alot of the story ideas presented aren't even that far removed. Most of the characters are there save for Elise. Nobody is going to miss her.

Has anyone checked this place already? It could help a little with the "debate"...

Also, this not related with this topic but anyway...

It's about SA2 Development. I read somewhere in the forum that Tails and Rouge were added as playable at the last minute due to fan outcry. Is it really true? If so, does anyone know more about it?

Edited by XRick

@XRick: Originally, Sonic, Knuckles, and Eggman were the only playable characters. Shadow was just a villian and Tails was an NPC. Rouge got implemented after a fan art contest (Rouge was created by an Archie artist).

I don't know. When you think about it that logic is really silly. Its not even logic its just gibberish. If a fat person exercises and looses weight that person hasn't become a whole new entitiy. They are healthier and so they are better but its the same person. People saying that fixing 06 would make it an entirely new game that couldn't be called 06 is well...Dumb.

No one said fixing 06 would make it an entirely new game. We've all been saying to make 06 good would make it an entirely new game. Just fixing 06 would just make a bad game less bad.

Alot of the story ideas presented aren't even that far removed. Most of the characters are there save for Elise. Nobody is going to miss her.

That's why no one is taking this thread seriously, it has devolved into nothing more than a worthless fan wank of story ideas that should be in a fanfiction. Last I remember, this thread is titled Sonic 06 Done Right, not Ideas to replace Sonic 06's story. If anyone wants to fix Sonic 06, you work with what's already in the game. Pulling out elements from the game only makes one look like a lazy fanfiction writer who's going to bitch at anyone who uses things they don't like about the game.

Use Elise, Use Soleanna, Use Iblis. That's the only way you're going to convince anyone that you're actually attempting to remake Sonic 06.

@Tanaya:

Rouge? By an Archie Artist?! OMG!!! ohmy.png I really forgot she about her origin, but by an Archie Artist?

And Sonic Retro's SA2 Development Section had some of that intel, it's just that I forgot that as well...

Edited by XRick

Well as long as we're back on the conceptualizing front again minus most of the fanaticism, there is a thought or two I've been meaning to share. Not so much on the story, rather, what I think they might have been trying to accomplish with the gameplay. One thing I've noticed about the combat in the game, at least in the late stages when you have all the decent upgrades, there actually exists a few moves that have more or less complete synergy with each other. The most obvious example would be Sonic's HA and Bounce, wherein the floaty follow-through from the former puts you in exactly the perfect position to finish off with the latter, but there's a few other small examples here and there, like how the touch of death immunity from Shadow's sliding kick allows him to chain it straight into his standing one even if he's overlapping someone, and if you're really fucking good with the timing you can use Silver's teleport-esque move and be ready for that ground-pound move the moment you start falling out of it again. Though none of it applies to the amigos of course (with the exception of Blaze, who can combo a HA into an Axel Tornado in midair with a bit of practice).

I have little doubt in my mind that they intended to do a lot more with this, especially considering it's literally the only way they could've made health bars actually beneficial to a Sonic game, but... well you know, time constraints and all. Even with most of the fixes I can imagine the game benefitting from, it still seems to me that they were going less for an actual "Sonic game" (however loosely that could be defined - especially back in those days) and more of a pseudo Devil May Cry with platforming elements. In a way I might not actually complain about that to be perfectly honest, because it certaintly beats the hell out of spamming Homing Attacks until enemy HP wears out, but it's still pretty poor form for the one anniversary game so widely-touted by Sega as "going back to their roots" as they would often put it.

That i still think would make it a new game altogether. Add any of those changes and it doesn't feel like 06.

Remaking 06 without fundamentally changing the story will yeild in nothing more than improved gameplay. The story will remain an absolute mess and will kill the enjoyment of the game, especially how integrated the plot is with the gameplay.

Other than that, my idea is to just remove Princess Elise from the story altogether, or have here there, but not central to the plot. For example Eggman literally starts a small war with the small sovereign state of Soleanna, so that he can access the Flame of Solaris, which in this version of the plot is just a small, everlasting flame that cannot be extinguised. Keep things simple.

The flame itself is hidden deep within the Ruined Castle of Soleanna (i.e Kingdom Valley) in a secret chamber that only the King has access to (alongside the preists and all that jazz). In this scenario the King of Soleanna is still alive, but is very elderly. The festival of Soleanna is basically the Crowning of Princess Elise as Queen of the state because her father wants to retire due to his age (it involves her being given the key to access the Chamber of Solaris)

However, Eggman is after the flame of Solaris and so attacks the state during the festival and kidnaps Elise and holds her ransom so that he can blackmail the King into giving him the details on the whereabouts of the flame.

The King himself would become a more prominent character than Elise. He would face a dilemma of ruining the world by giving Eggman access to the flame or losing his daughter.

Mephiles instead of being a Shadow recolour and half of Solaris, is instead just a snidy and manipulative character from the future, who like Eggman, wants access to the flame of Solaris. He's basically from Silver's time and rather their future being several hundred years in the future, its only a few decades in the future. This is because, in his timeline Eggman did gain access to the Flame of Solaris because a frightened and naive Elise discloses the whereabouts of the chamber(which she found out by eavesdropping on her father) and gives him the key (from the ceremoney). This results in Eggman building a powerful machine to threaten the world into submission. However, the experiment fails (resulting in a "bad-future" version of Aquatic Base) and causes a massive explosion wiping out a large chunk of land where Eggman was situated and leaked deadly radiation, which killed most (but not all, there are a few broken communities across the world) of civilisation and caused a mutation in unborn children, causing most to die, but a rare few to exhibit strange powers. Hence, Silver's powers (Silver would trade his powers any day to have a proper family and community to live in) of limited Psycokenesis (the more amount of objects he tries to control the greater the strain, too many and he could die; manipulating any organic or living material would be even more taxing and could potentially kill him). It also gives Mephiles the ability to manipulate shadows (again limited to inanimate objects or his own Shadow). Meph is a selfish person who wants to rule what little is left of civilisation by becoming a god.

Its not a perfect idea, but its a solid base to work from....at least I think it is. I still haven't figured out a reason for Silver and Mephiles to travel to the past to actually get the flame seeing as there is no Iblis and thus no Iblis trigger for Silver to hunt down.

But its a start.

I've put a link to Retro's '06 Deveopment Section for you guys, but after re-reading it I found nothing new in there to add to this topic... Damn!

Okay, if they are going to attempt a new story I guess I might as well give what i think should be done about it.

Elise:While I personally want her gone, keeping her in the game to some amount like just being a princess that is determined to keep her city safe from Eggmans threat But not always needing Sonic to the rescue would be good i guess. Or i guess making her blaze instead could work.

Mephiles:Someone from the far future that hates the world and it's inhabitants that went back to sonic's present time to craft it in his image. Also wanting ultimate power he learns of solaris travels back to the time when the duke was experimenting with it. Upon mephiles touching solaris, because of his darkness creates iblis which also kills everyone in the lab besides mephiles.(Which gets sent back into the present day. Now determined to merge with the being.)This in tern also adds to the creation of Crisis city which has Silver going back in time to try and fix what's has happened.

Silver:A hedgehog who like sonic has speed and a heart for justice. Think of him like sonic from the future. During his latest adventure His reality begins to change into a post-apocalyptic city. Silver having also the gift of time travel(Or chaos emeralds) goes back in time finding a disturbance in sonic's present time. He goes there to find Sonic Holding a chaos emerald. Thinking that Crisis city was his doing attacks him. That's what I have so far. As for blaze I'm thinking she is what holds the the flames in the present (After the events that mephiles created Blaze used her power over fire to keep iblis sealed within her. But since mephiles did something during the present time to release it sonic and friends have to find out what before it happens.)and sonic Silver and maybe shadow end up somehow finding this out.

And The gameplay should probably be more like generations being a little more platform heavy.

Edited by The Boostin Reinhog

I don't think the boost should be a part of this game though. Unless it's a bonus unlockable for doing something like finishing all missions. But generations gameplay with no boost and being more platform heavy sounds nice in my ears. And maybe add the spindash.

Yeah, it was kinda weird with Classic Sonic having it and Modern Sonic not... Sometimes it was more preferable for him to have it rather than Boost...

I wouldn't want a remake. I love the Adventure gameplay style, but I see no good reason to remake this travesty. Having the a fixed Adventure gameplay style is something I'd rather see in a new game, and not a shit one with nothing really worth salvaging.

It would be a replacement game to better introduce Silver.

Best way to introduce him is by having a piano fall on him.

The gameplay should be more like Sonic Unleashed. You know... good?

How ironic.

be cool to see super sonic ,super shadow,and super silver all work together to kill the final bossph34r.png

You mean exatly what happened? huh.png

Edited by Christmas MaRCELLOF

the girl from 06 (i not going to go look.it up light out the torch thus killing the final boss also i would like a fun boss battle to go along with the music wub.png

@lazy days

Are you not english or are you being really lazy? (sorry for the joke...)

I didn't get anything of what you just wrote up... Please be more clear.

Edited by XRick

the girl from 06 (i not going to go look.it up light out the torch thus killing the final boss also i would like a fun boss battle to go along with the music wub.png

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING!!???[/sarcastic joke]

sorry

Princess Elise killed

Solaris by blowing out the flame of hope and i like for there to be fun , hard final boss to go along with the amazing

Solaris phase 2 theme