Awoo.

Sonic '06 Done Right.

Linneus

Why isn't Elise the Iblis Trigger and Mephiles is trying to kill her the entire game ? Then when Sonic bites the bullet its because of Heroic Sacrifice.

Bloody hell, hold on a second. I think I can actually explain an idea here for the releasing Iblis plot. Do something, other than tears! Or at least make it so Elise's tears have to mix with some hard to get ingredients such as the blood of her closest friend or something. Make Sonic's death mean something.

Also, on the subject of turning Elise into an anthro, I do not agree. Maybe if this was the conception stages, but since the story is there for remake I don't agree with that.

Bloody hell, hold on a second. I think I can actually explain an idea here for the releasing Iblis plot. Do something, other than tears! Or at least make it so Elise's tears have to mix with some hard to get ingredients such as the blood of her closest friend or something. Make Sonic's death mean something.

Also, on the subject of turning Elise into an anthro, I do not agree. Maybe if this was the conception stages, but since the story is there for remake I don't agree with that.

Edited by Dejablue

Why isn't Elise the Iblis Trigger and Mephiles is trying to kill her the entire game ? Then when Sonic bites the bullet its because of Heroic Sacrifice.

• Thumbs Up 4

mmmm

Maybe replace the kissing with something else?

Or just have her make the wish on the emeralds and omit any following procedure.

Turning Elise into an emotionless robot....Eh maybe but I'm not feeling it. Sure she can be quite sad about whats happened. Maybe Mephiles takes Soleanna hostage. And Sonic tries to cheer her up. But I don't think making her lack emotions and making her cry should be the trigger. When she wakes up after having Iblis sealed inside her, her father is dead and she's out in the middle of nowhere. She would have cried right then. Game Over.

Turning Elise into an emotionless robot....Eh maybe but I'm not feeling it. Sure she can be quite sad about whats happened. Maybe Mephiles takes Soleanna hostage. And Sonic tries to cheer her up. But I don't think making her lack emotions and making her cry should be the trigger. When she wakes up after having Iblis sealed inside her, her father is dead and she's out in the middle of nowhere. She would have cried right then. Game Over.

Why not put Eggman Nega on the mix, make the Eggmen fight for the Princess...

I too think Blaze could be the princess since that'd somehow dispel a few messes about her...

Also, Soleanna could be a kingdom where humans and anthros lived together in harmony, I'd like to see that...

Mephiles would go after her directly for Iblis but Shadow would get in his way while Sonic would fight the Eggmen...

Silver could stay the same but with a better written plot...

Blaze's role... Haven't thought that far... any ideas?

Edited by XRick

But............why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk1Ni0a_9bo&feature=related

You know, I think the whole, Elise is emotionless plot should have been done from a different angle. Instead of having her know about the Flames of Disaster insider her, her father could have ordered all her servants to hide the secret from her and keep her cut off from emotional contact so that the whole bloody tear thing works. Sonic ends up meeting Elise and becomes her only friend, Mephiles takes advantage of this and kills Sonic. Ta da.

Well, in a way, it could work... But... I'm not sure...

There seems to be somthing amiss in that idea of yours...

If it's because it sounds too dark for a Sonic story then that'd probably be it, but since he comes back to life I don't see the trouble with it. It was done in Princess and the Frog after all. That's usually the path that epic stories take near the ends. Everything gets worse before it gets better and acts as a contrast to all the happier events before. But since Sonic '06 is a cluster crap of dark and dry tones it doesn't stand out much at all.

If it's because it sounds too dark for a Sonic story then that'd probably be it, but since he comes back to life I don't see the trouble with it. It was done in Princess and the Frog after all. That's usually the path that epic stories take near the ends. Everything gets worse before it gets better and acts as a contrast to all the happier events before. But since Sonic '06 is a cluster crap of dark and dry tones it doesn't stand out much at all.

No no! Despite it being very resumed, I liked the idea! That or Blaze being the princess, I think both do well...

But the game shouldn't be as serious as it was, a bit more of the recent games' comedy could make wonders laugh.png

Edited by XRick

In terms of very minor things that maybe could've helped '06 be a little bit less of a trainwreck without fundamentally changing it that much, I've always thought that the ruined future should have had its own hub, maybe in place of that useless forest. Seeing the last few starving remnants of life struggling to get by in a shitty little refugee camp would lend a lot of weight to the threat of Iblis' release, and there could even be some clever time-travel-related sidequests where you talk to the older versions or descendants of the present-day NPCs or whatever.

...on that note, it also would have been nice if Silver and Blaze didn't look so damn pristine. They're from a world where everything's on fire, dammit; at least have the decency to dirty up their clothes a little. I probably would have been a lot more sympathetic toward the decision to shoehorn Blaze in the game if she'd at least gotten a future badass commando outfit out of it.

No no! Despite it being very resumed, I liked the idea! That or Blaze being the princess, I think both do well...

But the game shouldn't be as serious as it was, a bit more of the recent games' comedy have could do wonders laugh.png

I definitely see where you're coming from. It is possible to make the middle and beginning light hearted. I mean, I definitely don't want the dry fest of the original product, but I also want a story with weight in the peril of the events. Something around Paper Mario 2. That was a good example of balanced humor with dark themes.

In terms of very minor things that maybe could've helped '06 be a little bit less of a trainwreck without fundamentally changing it that much, I've always thought that the ruined future should have had its own hub, maybe in place of that useless forest. Seeing the last few starving remnants of life struggling to get by in a shitty little refugee camp would lend a lot of weight to the threat of Iblis' release, and there could even be some clever time-travel-related sidequests where you talk to the older versions or descendants of the present-day NPCs or whatever.

Like in Chrono Trigger?

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Like in Chrono Trigger?

Absolutely. '06 borrowed a few things from Chrono Trigger already (Omega pulling a Robo to get to the future comes immediately to mind), so taking a bit more couldn't hurt. Better to steal a good idea than wallow in your own lousy ones, I guess.

I definitely see where you're coming from. It is possible to make the middle and beginning light hearted. I mean, I definitely don't want the dry fest of the original product, but I also want a story with weight in the peril of the events. Something around Paper Mario 2. That was a good example of balanced humor with dark themes.

About Paper Mario 2, I know nothing about it...

The story kinda had what it takes to be epic, but not only they failed to give it a bit more of humor, they also ended up screwing up with it at all, turning it what you guys call a trainwreck...