Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

I was really hoping for a bigger selection of characters... but I'll be getting this just for Sly, Ratchet, and Big Daddy. Hopefully I'll enjoy it enough that I won't feel the need to return it.

Well, they made it. A game that was supposed to bring all the PS owners nostalgia becomes a third-party cash grabber without Crash or Spyro, the most wanted characters and PS1 main.

Edited by Jango

Well, they made it. A game that was supposed to bring all the PS owners nostalgia becomes a third-party cash grabber without Crash or Spyro, the most wanted characters and PS1 main.

Yes because Sir Daniel, Spike and Parappa aren't in the game at all.

This is a Sony game, the most important characters are the Sony ones, then the 3rd party ones. They got Heiachi and Dante, yes both with their latest design but they still were characters in the Playstation story.

Crash and Spyro are in no way the main PS1 characters, maybe the ones most people get nostalgia from but they don't belong to Sony anymore which means that the company that has the final word is Activision, if they don't want them in the game or ask way too much for them Sony can't really do much about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes because Sir Daniel, Spike and Parappa aren't in the game at all.

This is a Sony game, the most important characters are the Sony ones, then the 3rd party ones. They got Heiachi and Dante, yes both with their latest design but they still were characters in the Playstation story.

Crash and Spyro are in no way the main PS1 characters, maybe the ones most people get nostalgia from but they don't belong to Sony anymore which means that the company that has the final word is Activision, if they don't want them in the game or ask way too much for them Sony can't really do much about it.

Well, I guess the most selling game on Sony's debut videogame system isn't important at all. The one that standed against Mario and Sonic. I know it's Activision's word that will count, but they could at least tell us if they asked for Crash or not. If you search for PS1 top 10 most remembered games, it's impossible to not find Crash, Spyro, Gex, Croc or Tomba on it, and neither of them are in this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know getting Spyro and Crash in a game like this isn't as simple as "Hey can we use these characters in our game?" "Sure go ahead!" Getting anyone can be a hassle.

It wasn't that way for Sonic in Brawl as crazy as that may seem.

Edited by Chooch

Well, I guess the most selling game on Sony's debut videogame system isn't important at all. The one that standed against Mario and Sonic. I know it's Activision's word that will count, but they could at least tell us if they asked for Crash or not. If you search for PS1 top 10 most remembered games, it's impossible to not find Crash, Spyro, Gex, Croc or Tomba on it, and neither of them are in this game.

They will never say anything at this point, not sure if they will even say anything after the game is released.

I'm pretty sure SuperBot at least asked them, they could have said no just like whoever has the rights for Tomb Raider now said or ask for an exorbitant price.

The other ones like Gex and Croc? They only lived during the PS1 era and Gex was even a multiplatform game.

We already have some solid PS1 characters that are 1st party (which is the most important thing in this game) with Parappa, Spike, Sir Daniel and even Heiachi as a third party.

Of course I would like to have Cloud, Crash, Croc and Spyro but the most important thing for me by now is 1st party characters and if the likes of Crash and Spyro aren't in the game or are DLC it should have a reason, SuperBot/Sony isn't that dumb to not include those 2 for no reason.

Edited by Tmsp

How do we know that this "Themink" person is 100% accurate? He may have known about a couple characters from his source like Paul gale did, but I doubt he knows more than that.Plus, that latest post just seems iffy to me. Why would SE allow a final fantasy item to be in but no actual character? Also Superbot has been saying 20+ characters since they were first asked about the roster size.

Edited by sjmaster92

Why would SE allow a final fantasy item to be in but no actual character?

Because they're anal about these things, maybe?

How do we know that this "Themink" person is 100% accurate? He may have known about a couple characters from his source like Paul gale did, but I doubt he knows more than that.Plus, that latest post just seems iffy to me. Why would SE allow a final fantasy item to be in but no actual character? Also Superbot has been saying 20+ characters since they were first asked about the roster size.

Not sure, he knew all the characters including Evil Cole before the beta leaks and now his source told him that the roster we know is final only adding 2 DLC characters.

Also, yes they said that there would be 20+ characters but we don't know if they where talking with those 2 DLC ones in mind, making 22 characters.

About the item, SE is a pretty pain in the ass about those things, just look at the LBP costumes.

Edited by Tmsp

Because once your source gets every character right, including off-the-wall guesses such as Evil Cole that was included in the leaked demo, you'd know well to assume the least out of it.

Fighting games always have, more often than never, had some sort of "inside source" that's leaked final character rosters in advance, and this is no exception. 20+ characters is still looking to be 20 characters and additional DLC ones. Lightning being removed despite planned inclusion is no surprise considering Square's stupid standards.

Because once your source gets every character right, including off-the-wall guesses such as Evil Cole that was included in the leaked demo, you'd know well to assume the least out of it.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

What RPG character will "freak" us out in a good way that is NOT Lightning/Square-Enix representative and NOT from the PSOne era?

Paper Mario

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the DLC characters is from an Atlus game. They have alot of RPG characters they could use, and are pretty close with Sony.

Edited by Nintendoga

Just watch them pulling a Capcom on us.

Either way I trust TheMink more than anyone by now since he got all those characters including fucking Evil Cole.

Paul is just full of himself and gives very vague hints that are easy too link with anything.

Of course I also hope that mink is wrong and there are going to be more characters on disk but for now all we can do is predict and wait for official reveals.

Paper Mario

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the DLC characters if from an Atlus game. They have alot of RPG characters they could use, and are pretty close with Sony.

....that is suppose to freak us out in a good way? Hmmm after thinking for a while Etna/Prinny from Disgaea? These are the only ones that I can think of that could freak us out that is not a SE representative. Then what happens to Snake and Kat? Snake's VA was with Noran North to do this game. But then Snake could be a minor character that appears in the background...

Still I call horsefeathers on this because of the confirmations then deconfirms of Lightning and Musashi. You can't do that and expect people to take you seriously.

Then SuperBot says there are 20+ characters. Not 20.

Either way I trust TheMink more than anyone by now since he got all those characters including fucking Evil Cole.

You trust TheMink more than SuperBot? Wow, okay.

Evil Cole could be a lucky guess. Don't say it's impossible, because it is possible. I was going to believe TheMink at first, but there are some conflicts right now that I just have to say this time he's wrong.

We should ALWAYS trust Sony/SuperBot before any other 3rd party source. If SuperBot/Sony says there are 20+ characters in the game, then there is.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

Well, I guess the most selling game on Sony's debut videogame system isn't important at all.

I agree, there should be some Gran Turismo representation.

Paper Mario

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the DLC characters if from an Atlus game. They have alot of RPG characters they could use, and are pretty close with Sony.

I would buy this shit day one even with Donte and getting 4.0 scores all across the board if they somehow got to borrow SMT's Demifiend. I am 100% dead serious.

On this tangent, shame the game isn't developed in Japan because SCEJ would have an incredibly easy time licensing quite a few RPG characters, such as NIS'.

Kat, Cloud and Laharl on-disc DLC 100kb keys confirmed.

Paul is just full of himself and gives very vague hints that are easy too link with anything.

Also I would like to add. Paul Gale Network were the first out of everybody to tell us that Battle Royale was coming. And, like you I didn't believe A THING from them until the

You can't say he's pulling stuff out of his ass and rule him out. He can be telling the truth. If he says there is a RPG representative, we have to throw that in the mix.

Then we have a German site who has done the preview of the game telling us that there will be a Final Fantasy character in the game.

What TheMink is saying doesn't add up. There is NO link between what the German site, Paul Gale and SuperBot said. That's why I don't believe him. He may say Kat is confirmed and she well could be, but that doesn't mean we should rule out Lightning or another Final Fantasy character because of this. After all I'll say it again, SuperBot confirmed there are more than 20 characters in the game.

Nope. TheMink said at first Lightning will be in the game. Now TheMink says she doesn't. He said Musashi will be in the game too. Now he said he's a costume. How can you confirm something, then de-confirm it later on? To troll us maybe? His source isn't 100% accurate and we shouldn't take it seriously.

There is a lot of conflict with what TheMink said. He said there are 20 characters in the disc. SuperBot confirmed there are over 20 characters. Now you can say "BUT DLC CHARACTERS!" But those DLC characters will *not* be on disc, people with no internet will be screwed and I'm sure SuperBot will be more clear that there will be only 20 characters on disc, but you can get more with DLC. SuperBot will be unprofessional if this "20 characters on disc + DLC" is true.

Paul Gale Network said there will be a RPG representative character in the game. None of the leaks has a RPG character. TheMink said DLC Character #1 is half leaked already (which points to Snake, Ryu, Yorda or Kat) and DLC Character #2 - A first party that isn't in the PSOne era (and we are suppose to freak out in a good way).

What RPG character will "freak" us out in a good way that is NOT Lightning/Square-Enix representative and NOT from the PSOne era? It's fishy. Either SuperBot, Paul Gale (or it could be both!) or TheMink's source is lying here.

I trust SuperBot because these guys are the ones developing the game. They won't be giving out information that is half-assed. People will go nuts. So I believe there are 20+ characters on disc.

He never, not even once, said that Musashi was a playable character. He said he heard he was in the game in some capacity, and that was allegedly as a costume.

Consider what he and his alleged source would win if they were apparently full of bullshit just because they insinuated Lightning wasn't in the game anymore, especially when every source in between their leaks have jumped on with hinting that the game would have a Final Fantasy character. If he was so full of shit, why damn his credibility by claiming something that by prior information isn't true? Especially when everything else he would have "guessed at" being spot on?

Evil Cole. Raiden. Dante in his DmC iteration. Sackboy. Sir Daniel. Ratchet. Spike. Every one of those characters were spot on, and you're going to attribute that to sheer luck?

Consider this for a moment as well, when the last time Paul "The game is going to have Home characters because I suggested it and have influence" Gale hinted at characters to be in the game. This was before the delay, back when people were still suggesting that the game was going to have 20+ characters, and Lightning was still a feasible inclusion. Wouldn't you exercise reasonable doubt in terms of a complete month delay if you'd be informed way after that content was removed from the game? Because everything I've seen so far about "20+ characters" was before this delay, and before this leak.

This isn't the first time content has been purposefully removed mid-development from a fighting game. In Marvel vs Capcom 3 it was almost universally expected and all-but-revealed that Frank West was going to be in, but he was removed months before it went gold because of technical issues.

There's absolutely no reason that a character being removed isn't in the realm of possibility when this is the only time he's ever had to change his information, and especially when it concerns a character that belongs to Squeenix, a company so stuck up their own ass with pride that it took years for Sony to finally release Final Fantasy content for LBP despite being announced before it's release.

And frankly I'd take someone who's come with hard solid facts over PR bullshit and stay cynical so I won't have to be disappointed when it turns out I got my hopes up for nothing. That and you're seriously underestimating how much developers like to squeeze in on-disc characters and content in every game that has DLC available.

The German journalist from gamescom said there will be a Final Fantasy character in the game. gamescom happened very recent.

SuperBot also said the leak does not fully represent the final product of the game and the game is still in development. Therefore we can still believe there are 20+ characters in the game.

Paul Gale is a credible source, Paul has a friend that works for SuperBot, revealed the game before anyone else, and knew about Heikachi and Toro before the reveal from EVO. If he said there is going to be a RPG character representative, then there is still a chance that it will happen. Well, I'm not saying we should believe whatever Paul is saying, but you can't just rule him out.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'm also saying that we shouldn't stamp our foot and agree with what TheMink is saying. It conflicts with everything else right now.

Also for goodness sake, stop thinking SuperBot is Crapcom. I respect SuperBot because these guys are from Santa Monica Studios that gave us God of War.

SuperBot also said the leak does not fully represent the final product of the game and the game is still in development. Therefore we can still believe there are 20+ characters in the game.

Yeah, because what doesn't a PR say despite never implying the roster has more characters for the sake of some damage control?

Oh wait.

On the subject of Paul Gale, has he actually said anything after the announced delay as to what characters left there are? Because if not my original assumption still stands.

Also for goodness sake, stop thinking SuperBot is Crapcom. I respect SuperBot because these guys are from Santa Monica Studios that gave us God of War.

You think Capcom invented that concept?

Mass Effect 3 has on-disc DLC. Gears of War 3 has on-disc DLC. Saints Row 3 has on-disc DLC. Sonic Generations has on-disc DLC. The list goes on. Twisted Metal, which was developed partially by Santa Monica Studios, had on-disc DLC (content that would unlock after a couple of months for free if you didn't pre-order it from a certain outlet but on-disc nonetheless). Pretty much every game that has DLC released within two-three week's span has the content on the disc.

This isn't an alien concept to developers and despite Capcom being the worst offenders, it has become a disgustingly common practice.

Yeah, because what doesn't a PR say despite never implying the roster has more characters for the sake of some damage control?

Oh wait.

It can happen, but it could also not happen.

On the subject of Paul Gale, has he actually said anything after the announced delay as to what characters left there are? Because if not my original assumption still stands.

The announced delay could be about anything. Why are you assuming this announced delay means they are removing stuff from the game? Why run to the worse case scenario? Brawl had an announced delay just like this to include Sonic in their roster.

But to answer your question though, no. Paul has yet to tell us about it.

You think Capcom invented that concept?

Mass Effect 3 has on-disc DLC. Gears of War 3 has on-disc DLC. Saints Row 3 has on-disc DLC. Sonic Generations has on-disc DLC. The list goes on. Twisted Metal, which was developed partially by Santa Monica Studios, had on-disc DLC (content that would unlock after a couple of months for free if you didn't pre-order it from a certain outlet but on-disc nonetheless). Pretty much every game that has DLC released within two-three week's span has the content on the disc.

This isn't an alien concept to developers and despite Capcom being the worst offenders, it has become a disgustingly common practice.

Now here's the problem. If there is going to be DLC characters for this game, SuperBot would have announced this ages ago. Like they did with the pre-order costumes. Like most developers. Even Capcom warns us about the character DLC way before release.

This 'announced delay' could mean though, they recently changed their minds and want to expand the existing roster by adding DLC characters to the game. We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

Shit. Last thing I saw yesterday before sleep as that thread. I dreamed that SuberBot revealed Crash as a playable character on IGN's website and... he had a tail. Yes, a tail, like a fox tail. Also, Goofy with some kind of mech on his back was a playable character too. Dudes, wtf me.

Edited by Jango

Shit. Last thing I saw yesterday before sleep as that thread. I dreamed that SuberBot revealed Crash as a playable character on IGN's website and... he had a tail. Yes, a tail, like a fox tail. Also, Goofy with some kind of mech on his back was a playable character too. Dudes, wtf me.

Are you sure it wans't this you saw in the dream?

qG5pu.jpg

Edited by Tmsp

It was Goofy and yes, he had some kinda of Clank mech on his back. Don't even ask anymore, Crash had a tail, it was like the Sony's version of SFxT Megaman troll...

Edited by Jango