Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

Just as insipid to play as it is to watch, just a bunch of colors that flash by the screen. Oh, and aside from remapping the HA and removing that spinning kick thing, the controls aren't any different from Unleashed.

Edited by Inferno

The controls aren't any different from Unleashed.

Edited by V0YANT

I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying the modern gameplay. Sonic is a lot easier to control now, he's not slippery like he is in Unleashed and I've played the Unleashed demo soon after I've finished playing the Generations demo and noticed the difference.

Bonus: Now there's Omochao for some reason. He literary tells you to push A to jump.

To be fair, if you've never played a platformer before, this would not come as granted - especially if you have not played a Sonic platformer before and don't know that his jump is also his primary attack. Also it's an anniversary game, of course the tutorial character should be the most well-known one from the franchise. Leave Omochao alone you bully.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 8

I hate to say it, but some gamers just aren't that smart when it comes to platformers these days, especially the kids. It may seem stupid to us but I think the push A to jump thing was needed.
There are better ways to teach players how to play.

Not to be rude....but when you find a smarter way PLEASE pass it on to every gaming company.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe a simple wooden sign in the background showing Sonic jumping with a highlighted X/O button would be sufficient enough, like what Wario Land 4 did in its tutorial level.

But w/e, I never hated Omochao, so I'm not miffed at all.

A character telling you the controls without holding you back as you play a normal level? What could possibly be more fitting for Sonic? Far better than the boring-ass tutorial levels Heroes, Rush Adventure and Colours DS had.

I just realised that the game slides AUTOMATICALLY underneath gaps for you when you don't press the Slide button...WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT!

My God, do people suck THAT MUCH??!

Edited by KrazyBean14

Maybe a simple wooden sign in the background showing Sonic jumping with a highlighted X/O button would be sufficient enough, like what Wario Land 4 did in its tutorial level.

The thing is, there's no significant difference between a static sign and a character telling you the directions so long as activating either don't stop the flow of gameplay. This is, at most, an aesthetics issue.

I just realised that the game slides AUTOMATICALLY underneath gaps for you when you don't press the Slide button...WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT!

It only does that in Green Hill (From watching Chemical Plant footage)

Also if you slide automatically you lose a lot of you forward momentum...which can seriously damp speed runs.

Video? I can't do that. It makes me stop and Sonic laughs at me.

Such as?

It can be turned off if you really dislike it that much. Its not exactly a problem.

It only does that in Green Hill (From watching Chemical Plant footage)

Also if you slide automatically you lose a lot of you forward momentum...which can seriously damp speed runs.

Oh...good stuff.

Odd glitch with Classic Sonic. If you start to charge a spindash with the square button on the first slopped hill, you can't jump out of it. Pressing the jump button will just make the same sound effect you'd get if you were holding down and pressing jump to charge a spindash.

I promised myself from now on not to dip into opinionated arguments anymore...but I will say this....

This statement is indisputable...UNDENIABLE...Bullshit. With this I will take my leave back into the twilight.

(unless your talking about the control layout...if that's the case then I apologize in advance.)

You're basing this off what?

And to be honest, I don't care if they made some 5% tweek, The problems with Unleashed's controls run deeper than that. Create a problem, then fix it. Turn down gravity so you need a stomp to reach the ground in time. Widen Sonic's turning radius so he needs a move to turn sharper.

Have you seen the other gameplay footage?

I stopped paying attention after the City Escape footage. What would you suggest?

Oh...good stuff.

A good thing to do to increase run time...when your boosting and going under stuff...don't let go of boost and reboost...hold down boost, touch the B/O button with the lower part of your thumb, and Sonic will boost still while sliding. To pick Sonic up back from his feet just nudge the control stick and there you go.

Oh and Phos here is some SSZ footage.

Edited by V0YANT

That's very impressive, it looks miles better than GHZ. The question remaining is this: Is GHZ just a throwaway tutorial zone to Sonic Team now?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wake up your kids at 6 in the morning, throw those little tykes into Eggmanland, 'tell em that they can't get up to eat, drink, or use the bathroom until they beat the stage, no tutorials, nothin'. Several hours later, they'll emerge as the toughest kiddies ever, with muscles on their muscles.

"Ah cool, you got through it and it's only dinner time, here have your mashed potatoes"

"F*ck that sh*t" *goes out side, kills a bear, roasts it over an open fire and eats it*

Me: "My boy's a man now ;U;" ...Atleast, that's how I learned to play video games.

no not really....

I laughed waaaay to hard at this. Inferno you are my SSMB best friend now!

That's very impressive, it looks miles better than GHZ. The question remaining is this: Is GHZ just a throwaway tutorial zone to Sonic Team now?

Well there are 5 Mission acts for each Sonic in the level so perhaps there will be more substance and immersion in those. There is also hard mode to consider, but I don't think it will add much to the level geometry just make shit a lot more reaction based.

Edited by V0YANT

It does slow you down a lot though, so it does dis-reward you for not having good reaction time.

EDIT; Also, just got 1:52.93. Just broke the 1:53 barrier, yeah!

EDIT2 : Ninga'd,

And also, got 1:50.25!!! WooHooo!

Edited by Chaos Warp

BAH, why do I need Gold to get the damn demo?angry.png Whatever, I'll just wait for the game. I've already watched modern green hill dozens of times already anyway.