Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

BAH, why do I need Gold to get the damn demo?angry.png Whatever, I'll just wait for the game. I've already watched modern green hill dozens of times already anyway.

There are sites where you can download 360 demos from and you can either burn it to a disc or put it on a USB stick. It'll get you around the "Need Gold to play" crap.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

Just in case anyone's interested that glitch from unleashed where you can grind on a rail but stay in place still works. At least on the first rail anyway. Just croutch and hold the left stick left, once you stop just let go of all buttons and there ya go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just in case anyone's interested that glitch from unleashed where you can grind on a rail but stay in place still works. At least on the first rail anyway. Just croutch and hold the left stick left, once you stop just let go of all buttons and there ya go.

BWAHAHAHAHA! You can do this during the Chopper chase!

Flying fish!

Huh, how odd.

That reminds me that I tried to replicate that scripted rail segment glitch that completely bypasses the fish and has Sonic grind on the air. I had a hard time doing it, so the guy who cracked it must have tried really hard to break the game because once you reach that trigger, the controls lock and Sonic goes into automation mode.

Huh, how odd.

That reminds me that I tried to replicate that scripted rail segment glitch that completely bypasses the fish and has Sonic grind on the air. I had a hard time doing it, so the guy who cracked it must have tried really hard to break the game because once you reach that trigger, the controls lock and Sonic goes into automation mode.

....to stop people from purposefully breaking the game I presume.

Huh, how odd.

Doing the flying fish glitch I mentioned in the above post lets you do this. Stop on the rail while the Chopper is chasing you, turn around so he goes back into the water, turn around again so you're going the right way (hitting a speed booster does this for you) and voilà! The rail has already disappeared, the Chopper doesn't load again and the game is glitched :P

I'm pretty sure it's hitting the booster that locks your controls. I just had to rail switch over it and I had no trouble.

Yeah you're right, I tried it out just now - controls were completely free after not hitting the booster.

Sloppy on Sega's part. That said, the camera angle makes it hard for me to switch around directions by jumping after that. Never mind did the trick mentioned above lolololol.

That's very impressive, it looks miles better than GHZ. The question remaining is this: Is GHZ just a throwaway tutorial zone to Sonic Team now?

• Thumbs Up 4

It's true. Remember for a LOT of old fans this may be the first time they've EVER played as Modern Sonic. They need something to ease them in, and frankly it's not like they could have used anything other than Green Hill as the opener.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's true. Remember for a LOT of old fans this may be the first time they've EVER played as Modern Sonic. They need something to ease them in, and frankly it's not like they could have used anything other than Green Hill as the opener.

Like with Unleashed, a separate tutorial stage would not have gone amiss.

• Thumbs Up 2

They could've used the white place.

Also why can't a "tutorial level" also have things for more experienced players to find? We're supposed to have alternate routes, why not use them?

• Thumbs Up 4

Wake up your kids at 6 in the morning, throw those little tykes into Eggmanland, 'tell em that they can't get up to eat, drink, or use the bathroom until they beat the stage, no tutorials, nothin'. Several hours later, they'll emerge as the toughest kiddies ever, with muscles on their muscles.

"Ah cool, you got through it and it's only dinner time, here have your mashed potatoes"

"F*ck that sh*t" *goes out side, kills a bear, roasts it over an open fire and eats it*

Me: "My boy's a man now ;U;" ...Atleast, that's how I learned to play video games.

no not really....

You...are a legend beyond legend!! laugh.png

Well i just ran into a random glitch. When at the bridge that you can destroy, it did NOT let me air boost a few times. I don't know why.

Well i just ran into a random glitch. When at the bridge that you can destroy, it did NOT let me air boost a few times. I don't know why.

They could've used the white place.

Also why can't a "tutorial level" also have things for more experienced players to find? We're supposed to have alternate routes, why not use them?

Edited by V0YANT

Missions might provide us that meat that we are looking for...
Have they ever?

Game is for everyone...not just us fans and the first level being a shallow to us experience Sonic Players may not be to someone just getting back into the series.
Okay, so why can't they design a level that works for both new players and more experienced ones? Why can't there be more complex paths and obstacles that newbies can avoid? Hell, we've got upgradeable skills, why can't they put a light dash chain somewhere that'll take you to a new section of the level specifically for people who know what they're doing?
  • Thumbs Up 2

well after figuring how to use the USB Xtaf i finally got to play the demo without getting the gold member thing...I actually had fun playing the demo even though I had play it on Sonic Boom in the summer and was surprised with the little things they have added though I will have to say that I like playing better with modern sonic than classic sonic I can't wait till november!!biggrin.png

Bro its a demo and the 1st stage(s) of the game. Chill. Would you want to start on something like EGGMANLAND 1st then ease your way to something pathetic like Apotos act 1 (HD).........I didn't think so.

I along with many other players (new and old) are content with GHZ being the 1st stage. It doesnt slap the player with difficulty and it's a decent stage to speedrun. And it also gives most of us that urge to try something random to kill time. Like Patticus's Motorbug stomp or someone else's drift bowling. It's doing what it is suppose to do, get people's attention. Not give them the best freaking thing since the creation of the light bulb.

Have they ever?

True, but from what I have read in the spoilers topic...you never know. I hope that they put these refined tight controls to good use though. Game deserves it.

Okay, so why can't they design a level that works for both new players and more experienced ones? Why can't there be more complex paths and obstacles that newbies can avoid? Hell, we've got upgradeable skills, why can't they put a light dash chain somewhere that'll take you to a new section of the level specifically for people who know what they're doing?

Like Hoggy said you have people that can't even handle Green Hill Zone...and from what I played there is more stuff to do compared to both previous Modern titles' first levels.

I'm not saying that Green Hill is the cream of the crop in this title, but its a great level to get new players started up and get moving. Sonic has on occasion in the past slapped people in the face with difficulty like Marble Zone and Flying battery, but that's totaly not the way to do things...especially now a days when all the little kids have no idea wtf to do in a platfomer because all they do is play FPS.

Also why waste complicated level design and disk space in Green Hill? A level that been remade more times than Classic himself has existed in years...I much rather that level design get used for later complicated levels...which by the looks of it will happen.

You know... progress in difficultly like any other game.

Apart from that though its takes some skill to actually speed run properly...

Point: What wrong with a simple first level to get you into the game and get an idea for the controls?

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 2

Bro its a demo and the 1st stage(s) of the game. Chill. Would you want to start on something like EGGMANLAND 1st then ease your way to something pathetic like Apotos act 1 (HD).........I didn't think so.
  • Thumbs Up 4

Why waste anything on it, then?

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 3