Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

I don't understand how they're spoilers. They're technically official screenshots.

You could have cited a source at least if that's the case, and there's a topic for new screenshots and stuff like that anyway.

Travel through time. I'm mad you didn't get that. angry.png

I know why it didn't work, Time Eater ate the release date... we will never get generations.sad.png

I've invented a new sport.

Motobug stompin'

To play, find a motobug as Modern Sonic, stand by him, jump in the air, hold down and circle = Explosion!

Oh and one other thing, you can just jump on the enemies to destroy them, you don't need to homing attack them.

Better sport, Motobug tipping. Walk up to a motobug, use the slide while idled adjacently to said motobug, best shit ever.

Well, bar spin drift bowling. Yes it can kill enemies, aiming it is the problem, at least in narrow pathways like all of 3D Green Hill, plus one has to have ample speed to pull good drift time.

God Green Hill's narrow design is such a limiter to the potential Modern has, if Modern had the SA2 bounce and a spin dash instead of/with the slide it would be perfect.

Edited by Autoburstfire

I back tracked the intro of act 2 hoping to find a 1 up or something, but alas nothing. :( These Sonic Team people need to hide more goodies just before the start point, to reward geeks who start backwards hoping for a surprise.

Can someone give PS3 demo file download?

It's on the EU store. Can't you just make an EU account?

Better sport, Motobug tipping. Walk up to a motobug, use the slide while idled adjacently to said motobug, best shit ever.

Oh my god that is amazing.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, bar spin drift bowling. Yes it can kill enemies, aiming it is the problem, at least in narrow pathways like all of 3D Green Hill, plus one has to have ample speed to pull good drift time.

God Green Hill's narrow design is such a limiter to the potential Modern has, if Modern had the SA2 bounce and a spin dash instead of/with the slide it would be perfect.

I tried that. That shit pissed me off. But the spin drift was fun.

I must be the only person here who feels that any attempt that the developers have made to inject the Modern act with the feeling of having a free choice of different routes has fallen completely flat. Whether or not there is a choice is largely irrelevant if the player feels as if there isn't much of one.

• Thumbs Up 1

I tried that. That shit pissed me off. But the spin drift was fun.

Yeah, it does have the potential to screw you over since they took out the crawl/spin kick so you have to be perfectly close to pull it off. Of course it's miles preferable to the Colours infini-slide.

I just love watching those guys roll over and 'sploding their shit from one tap, it's like the beginning of Sonic's story in 06, lolz.

@ the guy above: Eh, Green Hill is as narrow as a dark alley in los angeles, I'll admit that, but I personally think that destructible bridge was awesome. Now if they could build a more open level around stuff like that... Invisible walls need to gtfo though.

Edited by Autoburstfire

I must be the only person here who feels that any attempt that the developers have made to inject the Modern act with the feeling of having a free choice of different routes has fallen completely flat. Whether or not there is a choice is largely irrelevant if the player feels as if there isn't much of one.

Clinically, GHZ is the worst stage in the game. I played it and thought it was decent. What got me was the much improved controls. Alas, there isn't enough space in Green Hill to really test it out.

Really? I found that the game was practically begging me to check out the other routes. I haven't gone through the level the same way twice in a row yet. While the level is linear, that isn't to say it doesn't provide you with many options. I look forward to the more "open" stages, though.

So like an idiot of missed the 1st rail to grind on. On the plus side I saw the water. OMFG DAT WATER WAS AMAZING! And I'm not even in HD. I can only imagine what Seaside hill would look like in full HD on a Plasma or LED TV. *drools*

Anyone come across any glitches? I Came across the craziest one!

When you first see Motobug's at the beginning of the level they are on a bridge. I was casually fooling around and jumping on them. I Suppose I stomped right as I collided with the last Motobug and flew to the first curve on the map, Very high too! This all happened within the blink of an Eye so I Do not have any proof. It was very interesting though.

Anyone come across any glitches? I Came across the craziest one!

When you first see Motobug's at the beginning of the level they are on a bridge. I was casually fooling around and jumping on them. I Suppose I stomped right as I collided with the last Motobug and flew to the first curve on the map, Very high too! This all happened within the blink of an Eye so I Do not have any proof. It was very interesting though.

Now that's crazy. Good thing this isn't a final build. I haven't seen any glitches so far but I have run into some F rate drops.

Depends, most of the alternate pathways were practically only in 2D platforming, but when it comes to the whole "not giving players a choice", I disagree. I just like the fact that whenever I fell into a pit of nothingness after not keeping up a path, there was a rail or another path laying in wait to pick me up and continue.

Now that's crazy. Good thing this isn't a final build. I haven't seen any glitches so far but I have run into some F rate drops.

Damn sure is close to one. The game has gone gold already by this point, don't expect much different.

Really? I found that the game was practically begging me to check out the other routes. I haven't gone through the level the same way twice in a row yet. While the level is linear, that isn't to say it doesn't provide you with many options. I look forward to the more "open" stages, though.

I didn't say that there weren't other routes, it's clear even to me that they're there, I'm just saying that I didn't feel like I had a lot of choice much of the time. That would be due to, well, partly the pace of the action; you're being urged to go really fast, and the boost button acts a "Hold X to win" affair at times which only adds to the drive to go quicker. It's also partly down to the level design, and while I'm aware of the challenges of making suitably long levels for a very quick character (it must takes forever to design, build and bug test) complete with multiple pathways, there must be something in the basic level design that isn't giving me the feeling of freedom of routes.

It's a deeply flawed game if this demo is anything to go by. That said though, it's a massive improvement on Unleashed and its predecessors.

I didn't say that there weren't other routes, it's clear even to me that they're there, I'm just saying that I didn't feel like I had a lot of choice much of the time. That would be due to, well, partly the pace of the action; you're being urge to go really fast, and the boost button acts a "Hold X to win" affair at times which only adds to the drive to go quicker. It's also partly down to the level design, and while I'm aware of the challenges of making suitably long levels for a very quick character (it must takes forever to design, build and bug test) complete with multiple pathways, there must be something in the basic level design that isn't giving me the feeling of freedom of routes.

It's a deeply flawed game if this demo is anything to go by. That said though, it's a massive improvement on Unleashed and its predecessors.

But wait, weren't you the mod who also played City Escape a month or so back and praised that for everything it's worth? I don't get how you can turn right back around and saw it's a flawed game.

NOT ARGUING JUST ASKING A QUESTION!

Instead of speed running I'm seen doing more casual runs...and you know that boosting need that was in Unleashed? Its a lot less prevalent here....its actually fun to play this game casual as opposed to speed running it. Makes me really excited for later levels man really excited.

Seriously it feels a lot like a refined Adventurer 2 with a boost.

The tight controls make doing random shit fun as well. ST doesn't have to hide behind 2D as much either with these controls, which is why I believe the 3D sections in further levels get so expansive.

Theres NO way you could play through SSZ with Unleashed controls...it would be a total mess.

Edited by V0YANT

But wait, weren't you the mod who also played City Escape a month or so back and praised that for everything it's worth? I don't get how you can turn right back around and saw it's a flawed game.

NOT ARGUING JUST ASKING A QUESTION!

I haven't played City Escape. You must be mistaking me for someone else. And in my posts I was only referencing the demo zone, GHZ; I hope the others are better.

I didn't say that there weren't other routes, it's clear even to me that they're there, I'm just saying that I didn't feel like I had a lot of choice much of the time. That would be due to, well, partly the pace of the action; you're being urged to go really fast, and the boost button acts a "Hold X to win" affair at times which only adds to the drive to go quicker. It's also partly down to the level design, and while I'm aware of the challenges of making suitably long levels for a very quick character (it must takes forever to design, build and bug test) complete with multiple pathways, there must be something in the basic level design that isn't giving me the feeling of freedom of routes.

I actually feel you on this in a certain aspect while I wont call it flawed....I would call it limited...since I know already that the experience get so much better. I will say when I do play Modern Green Hill...with such massive improvements I want "more". Everything handles so wonderfully that I would be furious if this game ended up being like Unleashed in terms of level design...I'm glad I watched spoliers because if I refused too this Demo wold honestly pissed me off in the long run.

Buts its okay....only 2 weeks.

Modern's got the handles so now its all up to level design to see how far this game can go the distance. Same with Classic (despite rolling sucking).

Edited by V0YANT

I seriously doubt this is the final build. It looks nearly identical to the gamefest build. Most glitches are probably gone.

@Patticus

The other zones are much, much better than Green Hill Zone. Its the 1st stage and by far the most linear and bland of the lot. Sky Sanctuary, level no. 3 takes a massive shit on Green Hill Zone (and just about every other 3D level).

Edited by Scar

I seriously doubt this is the final build. It looks nearly identical to the gamefest build. Most glitches are probably gone.

Hmm was the GameFest build the 70% complete one?