Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

The demo looks like the GamesCom build to me (which was from an old 70% Complete build).

OK so here's my only complaint of the Modern gameplay: Why the hell can't i boost after jumping on a rail during the side scrolling parts? I love going fast and this minor problem forces me to be boosting before i land on the rail. I hope this doesn't happen in the other stages cause it prevents me from achieving a great time.

As for the rest i love it.love it,love it,love itcool.png

Generations demo was damn good, everything's more fine-tuned, more vibrant and colourful...feels more complete.

...but if there's no option to turn Omochao's voice off I swear I will rip my ear drums out.

Played the demo on 360 and PS3 now, and just like I was when I played it at SOS and Eurogamer, i'm absolutely amazed.

Classic Sonic handles pretty simular to the Anniversary demo though now his jumping is better. I never really had a problem with Classic Sonic imo. The physics are a vast improvement from Sonic 4 Ep 1, and while they aren't 100% perfect, it's a great effort. As long as the gameplay is fun then i'm satisfied.

Modern Sonic once again impresses me in the controls department. Much tighter and i'm really liking how boost is handled this time as the gauge runs out much quicker. The level design is great with all the multiple paths and i'm loving the trick system. Easy to do, tricky to master for the highest boost bonus.

One thing I noticed from playing the demo on 360 and PS3, the 360 version has an animation glitch in Modern Green Hill when going upside down from that slope before the path to the waterfall. In the PS3 version i've not seen this happen. I imagine it will at some stage but from the multiple times i've played it, that animation glitch never happened on PS3.

Overall i'm loving it. Why isn't it November 4th now!?

One thing I noticed from playing the demo on 360 and PS3, the 360 version has an animation glitch in Modern Green Hill when going upside down from that slope before the path to the waterfall. In the PS3 version i've not seen this happen. I imagine it will at some stage but from the multiple times i've played it, that animation glitch never happened on PS3.

Actually i've managed to trigger that animation glitch in my ps3 demo.While i'm talking to you,could you please tell me if there are any control/framerate differences between both 360 and ps3?

I like the crazy boost effect that happens when tapping X (Xbox 360) and Square (PS3) even standing still and you're all out of boost. You can keep tapping it and make it happen while Sonic does his waiting animations. You can do it when he's crouched too.

I'm playing the PS3 version now. Not noticed any differences between Xbox 360 version and this one yet.

I haven't played City Escape. You must be mistaking me for someone else. And in my posts I was only referencing the demo zone, GHZ; I hope the others are better.

Oh my bad. And okay. Glad that was sorted out with any arguing.

Here's something that i don't get: Why does everyone love Sonic Rush and hate Modern Generations? It's basically the same concept.

Was messing around with Classic Sonic's jump, there's a little more sense of "bounce," it's most noticeable near the third part where you can jump on a Crabmeat from the top of a cliff or the swinging platforms in those half-pipe sections.

It's definitely not the same as the classics, however I can't honestly say that they didn't attempt to replicate them in that manner. No more fixed bouncing is very nice.

Here's something that i don't get: Why does everyone love Sonic Rush and hate Modern Generations? It's basically the same concept.

There are a fair few who hate Rush as well. I'm not one of them, though. :P

Edited by Indigo Rush

Actually i've managed to trigger that animation glitch in my ps3 demo.While i'm talking to you,could you please tell me if there are any control/framerate differences between both 360 and ps3?

No real diffrence. Framerate drops and the controls are pretty much the same on both. I prefer using Classic Sonic on PS3 as the D pad is much better than 360's one. Modern Sonic's controls I like best on 360. No real diffrences between both.

Edited by BlueEagle21

I seriously doubt this is the final build. It looks nearly identical to the gamefest build. Most glitches are probably gone.

@Patticus

The other zones are much, much better than Green Hill Zone. Its the 1st stage and by far the most linear and bland of the lot. Sky Sanctuary, level no. 3 takes a massive shit on Green Hill Zone (and just about every other 3D level).

Forgive my ignorance here, but what qualifies you to make that statement about the other zones? Have you played the rest of the game?

• Thumbs Up 1

Forgive my ignorance here, but what qualifies you to make that statement about the other zones? Have you played the rest of the game?

Not other zone in the game. I meant to say other zones from the 3D games uptil now, I evidently didn't make myself clear on that one, sorry about that. From what I've seen of it, there is a lot more breadth to Modern Sky Sanctuary, than most other stages from any other 3D game thus far. I can't imagine the gameplay would be too bad, given how much the handling has been improved over Unleashed and Colours.

I decided to cave in and get the demo, requiring me to get the Gold account for a month. I loved it and have replayed both levels a fair bit, and will continue to do so after I finish this post. I'm just posting to say how I feel about both Sonics (I hadn't played the June demo so this is my first time playing Generations ). These are just my opinions mind.

Classic Sonic controls much better than Sonic 4's controls ever did, but the jumping can be a little stiff sometimes and you're not quite as fluid as in the Mega Drive games, but to me it's reasonably close enough and it was a lot of fun. The spin dash is a bit overpowered but I love it anyway. The fact you do have to wait just a tiny bit before dashing (or you just roll like 3 feet) does help this though, for me.

Modern Sonic was a blast to play, he controls really well, I loved boosting through everything, there's loads of shortcuts which take practice to reach (though that goes for classic too), the drift seems much tighter than Colours (and being a spindash makes it look cool :P), and I even took a liking to the trick system much more than I expected as it kind of reminded me of the Rush games, which I felt had nice trick systems also. I'm really looking forward to play a more 3D platforming heavy level come release :)

I think this has helped quench my thirst for Generations, and will help me through the next couple of weeks while I get good at GHZ for sure :D

Hope you all enjoy the Demo :) I can't get the demo because I don't have XBLA or PSN (but I plan to soon) Still it won't stop me from celebrating soon B) (end Of October). This will keep fans who are online satisfied for the next few weeks till November...

Just messed around again with the demo. DAT GUITAR when you aren't boosting but moving at a good speed is just love to my ears. JUN you are the man!

Just as insipid to play as it is to watch, just a bunch of colors that flash by the screen. Oh, and aside from remapping the HA and removing that spinning kick thing, the controls aren't any different from Unleashed.

On the classic side, guess what, the spin dash is just as over powered as ever, probably because they can't figure out how to design a level without using the boost, and it's not any more involving than the modern level either.

Bonus: Now there's Omochao for some reason. He literary tells you to push A to jump.

Edited by Phos

Just as insipid to play as it is to watch, just a bunch of colors that flash by the screen.

That's how it tends to go when you play a Sonic game. =P

I'm also not exactly sure how you're not 'involved' when playing it, but whatever. If GHZ is the reason, then there's always the tired-but-true mentioning of GHZ being the first level where (for some reason or another) everything is dumbed down to extreme simplicity.. and on that note, albeit short, GHZ Act 1 isn't even that dumbed down.

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 3

Just as insipid to play as it is to watch, just a bunch of colors that flash by the screen.

'Cept it really isn't. As linear and straightforward and barren and bland GHZ Modern is, it isn't "just a bunch of Colours that flash by the screen". It requires you to actually do more than the original Green Hill Act 1, which incidentally can be completed by holding right and jumping about 5 times.

Unless of course you're just generalising. In which case, yeah, its just a bunch of colours flashing past the screen, just like most other Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 3

That's how it tends to go when you play a Sonic game. =P

I prefer my games with some kind of substance, thanks.

Unless that was some dark humor, because with these guys at the helm, that's to be expected.