Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

The Homing Attack being mapped to the same button is fine imo. It was only really a problem in Colours because of the double jump and the obscene range of the Homing Attack. There were a couple of instances where you wanted to jump onto a platform but instead you would rocket forward and attack an enemy.

PS3 Users over in EU... The demo has finally come! Downloading as we speak.

Weighs in at 665 MB just as Shadz reported.

See you... in an hour or so!

Thanks for the heads up! I've credited you in my news post.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/10/second-sonic-generations-demo-now-available-on-eu-ps-store/

Well, having tried Classic and modern a few times I can tell you this much:

-The game is simply candy for the eyes. It's so bright, so colourful and so well detailed. Even if you are blazing past it much too fast to really notice.

-Classic Sonic is MUCH more responsive than he was in the June demo. Technically his jump height and how he responds is the same, but the increases in responsiveness improves how the game feels immensely.

-Modern Sonic feels so smooth to control and to operate. I have run into none of the bugs I ran into at SoS so all I can say is... It was a breath of fresh air.

Overall... I think this could quite easily be the the finest playing sonic package in years, possibly ever. Now... lets see if Time Eater can do something about making Nov 4th and my Collector's edition come any faster...

Edited by CobraRoll

I like how balanced the Homing Attack is in this game...its useful but it isn't necessarily the best way to take out enemies either....I find myself doing regular jumps to chain attack enemies at times to get things done quicker. Reason being is that using it ruins any forward momentum you have so you have to waste a chunk of boost energy to get it going again.

I like that a lot. Funny thing is it was like that in Sonic 4, but here it works sooo much better.

Edited by V0YANT

04.jpg

Damn nothing.

*tries again*

FUCK ME!

*Tries one more time*

Crap man. Guess I'll have to wait 2 weeks to get the game. dry.png

• Thumbs Up 6

*Shadow Chaos Control pic*

Damn nothing.

*tries again*

FUCK ME!

*Tries one more time*

Crap man. Guess I'll have to wait 2 weeks to get the game. dry.png

Because I have PSN+ I can if I want instruct my PS3 to automatically upload saved data as a back up, if the game has a saved data function.

So I start up the demo... and I get the message telling me that the game will save my data and back it up if I want.

The demo records game data?

Classic Sonic feels way better than in the anniversary demo, and I'm not sure if that's why I'm noticing some of the games more "scripted" elements that got in the way earlier, such as a few of the slopes. That said, horizontal movement when hitting a vertical spring feels a tad improved.

Haven't tried Modern yet.

Oh yeah and Omochao's voice makes me hngh, in a good way. Fucking Laura Bailey and your loli-esque voice.

So far I'm honestly enjoying classic more than modern. Modern green hill just feels so plain especially after seeing sky sanctuary. Modern definitely controls much better than Unleashed and colors in 3D. The whole level is just so damn narrow and straight forward that I can't properly try the new control out.

Omochao's voice is actually tolerable for once, in fact he sounds like young Rarity...

Edited by Gartocer

What the shit happened last night after I went to sleep 0_0!?

Looking at footage of Sky Sanctuary, City Escape and Seaside Hill really puts into perspective just how much more linear the level design is in Green Hill by comparison. I mean its like its from a completely different game. though Hoggy's post last night was a great write up about how Green Hill is the tutorial stage.

Also, how can people fail and GHZ modern sooo much? Seriously, it was aggravating watching video's of the damn thing at gameshows where people were playing so poorly. I mean the instructions are on the fucking screen!

• Thumbs Up 4

After playing through Modern Sonic, I'm not quite sure which one I like the best. Classic Sonic, while being scripted and still having a few shortcomings, feels good to control and is translated to the wide 3D space very well, and its quite fun. Modern Sonic feels way too shallow whenever I'm not running through a 2D segment, but he's still fun to control whenever I don't mindlessly boost.

Bottom line both are fun to control, enjoyment will depend on level design. I can't see this game go underneath the passing line of "good". The game is well-developed, it has the potential for great things and it makes me want to play the reimagined levels even more.

Also I love Omochao.

• Thumbs Up 5

What the shit happened last night after I went to sleep 0_0!?

Looking at footage of Sky Sanctuary, City Escape and Seaside Hill really puts into perspective just how much more linear the level design is in Green Hill by comparison. I mean its like its from a completely different game. though Hoggy's post last night was a great write up about how Green Hill is the tutorial stage.

Also, how can people fail and GHZ modern sooo much? Seriously, it was aggravating watching video's of the damn thing at gameshows where people were playing so poorly. I mean the instructions are on the fucking screen!

Haha not everyone has our seasoned Sonic reaction time Scar XD

Definitely love how M.Sonic controls. After doing a few hundred rounds, I went back through the Unleashed demo to compare, and the comparison is day and night. Sonic's much tighter, his acceleration is great, he turns like a dream, and I feel in such control compared to Unleashed. The way to air boost works is great, though it's gonna take some getting used to since I'm more accustomed to Colors' being able to continue a boost from the air to the ground. The air dash on the other hand could be longer honestly. It doesn't have any real reach compared to how it was in Unleashed and I feel like I should've been able to reach a ring or a spring without having to air boost into it.

As for C.Sonic, I noticed that he's much lighter compared to the previous demo which is great, I can easily make platforms that I otherwise fall short of last time. Other than that, no real change that I've noticed, though the lighter Sonic will make him much more comfortable to play in the final game.

In general, this game could REALLY benefit from having the same FPS as Unleashed.

I've played through the stages a great many times now.

Something which has caught my attention, this isn't the Gamefest build. Well it is... but theres one interesting difference that I've noticed (well besides there being no ranking/results scree)

During the loading screens, Omachao's tips are complete, theres no missing icons, at Gamefest, sometimes Omachao wouldn't have dialogue or icons would be missing, on this version though they all seem to be there.

So I wonder if anything else has changed from the public builds.

his acceleration is great, he turns like a dream, and I feel in such control compared to Unleashed. The way to air boost works is great, though it's gonna take some getting used to since I'm more accustomed to Colors' being able to continue a boost from the air to the ground. The air dash on the other hand could be longer honestly. It doesn't have any real reach compared to how it was in Unleashed and I feel like I should've been able to reach a ring or a spring without having to air boost into it.

Uh I disagree here. I prefered how sonic accelerated in Unleashed compared to Generations. Sonic takes to long to get going unless you boost. Maybe because you need to upgrade him some. I don't know yet. I'll have to do a more in depth comparison between the 2....uh 3 games when Generations comes out.

Neon what the hell, spoilers goddammit.

Moved to Hidden Assets,

I don't understand how they're spoilers. They're technically official screenshots.

Downloading. Gonna post impressions later. Oh and interesting stuff Neon. MAN JUST 16 DAYS TILL EU GETS THE GAME!!!!

I don't understand how they're spoilers. They're technically official screenshots.

You do have a point. Were those found in a magazine or something?

I've invented a new sport.

Motobug stompin'

To play, find a motobug as Modern Sonic, stand by him, jump in the air, hold down and circle = Explosion!

Oh and one other thing, you can just jump on the enemies to destroy them, you don't need to homing attack them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've invented a new sport.

Motobug stompin'

To play, find a motobug as Modern Sonic, stand by him, jump in the air, hold down and circle = Explosion!

Oh and one other thing, you can just jump on the enemies to destroy them, you don't need to homing attack them.

But if you short jump, you can NOT kill them. You yourself gets hurts. As for the sport....I must try that.

Speaking of jumping, I'm still peeved that doing a short hop keeps you vulnerable to enemies. What I'm NOT peeved about is that they finally made Sonic jump faster. In games like Colors, he always sort of floated up, now he shoots to maximum jump height which feels a lot more natural.

As for the sport....I must try that.

Theres also an extreme version... do it on a buzzbomber!

*tries motorbug stomping*

Yeaaaaah I don't like it. I prefer BOWLING! It's simple slide into motor bugs or crabs.