Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

Sonic games have never really been all that difficult. Dragon Road, Twinkle Park, and Green Forest, were in a similar position in the game, and they were all pathetically easy. Twinkle Park being really goddamn easy for stage No. 5

Sad, but true. But then again I don't put sonic adventure 1 as example when it comes to difficulty. I'd rather go with more recent games. Sonic colors's sweet mountain act 1 looks more skill orientated then city escape. Sonic unleashed's stages too but then again some people would say it's got fake dificulty.

I'd expect some progression(improvements) is all. Sonic doesn't have to be easy to apeal to a great audience. Kids can handle it just fine.

I know there will be multiple acts. But by the fifth zone.. Ah whatever

Edited by Jaouad

Thanks. I know multiplayer was confirmed a long time back. I think it was confirmed as far back as the Nintendo Power issue that unveiled the 3DS version. It's the online part of the multiplayer I'm enquiring about.

Sad, but true. But then again I don't put sonic adventure 1 as example when it comes to difficulty. I'd rather go with more recent games. Sonic colors's sweet mountain act 1 looks more skill orientated then city escape. Sonic unleashed's stages too but then again some people would say it's got fake dificulty.

I'd expect some progression(improvements) is all. Sonic doesn't have to be easy to apeal to a great audience. Kids can handle it just fine.

I know there will be multiple acts. But by the fifth zone.. Ah whatever

Thanks. I know multiplayer was confirmed a long time back. I think it was confirmed as far back as the Nintendo Power issue that unveiled the 3DS version. It's the online part of the multiplayer I'm enquiring about.

>Stage in Sonic game is too long

"BAWW! IT'S TOO LONG!" Case in point: Sonic Unleashed.

>Stage in Sonic game is about 2 minutes

"BAWW! IT'S TOO SHORT"

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually he says "Wi-Fi" Multiplayer at a point.

If I am not totally wrong Wi-Fi means "online" on the DS.

Edited by Shadzter

"BAWW! IT'S TOO SHORT"

I dont think that any stage from Sonic Unleashed was very long other than Crimson Carnival, Heroes had the most long stages I guess.

Edited by Blue Blood

Wasn't Crimson Carnival the name given to Eggmanland on the Soundtrack?

It is a rather good and fitting name...

"BAWW! IT'S TOO SHORT"

Edited by Shadic93

The only stage I would consider long in Unleashed is Eggmanland, other than that it had a decent length about 4-5 minutes.

I have to agree that City Escape is rather short, I know its based on a intro stage, but jeez even Windmill Isle was longer.

I agree with Blue that it seems a little shorter than i expected for a fifth stage. it's a little sad. although i wouldn't say it "sucks". Yeah it was the first stage in adventure 2 but now it's a fifth. But I'll still have fun with it. and there will be missions. It wasn't my most anticipated stage so no harm done to me. I just hope stages like

Crisis city, Spagonia and planet wisp and sky sanctuary

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

how do you guys think from what we've seen so far from the level difficulty the bosses will fare? I hope their not simple.sad.png

I'd honestly rather have them simple and creative instead of overly difficult.

Hated the second to last part of the final battle in Unleashed. Sonic Team you bunch of masochists.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd honestly rather have them simple and creative instead of overly difficult.

Hated the second to last part of the final battle in Unleashed. Sonic Team you bunch of masochists.

By simple i mean super easy. I'll be fine with simple yet with a challenge. I don't want it to be god awful unleashed final boss hard for each battle.well second to last part of the battle.(or any battle)

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

how do you guys think from what we've seen so far from the level difficulty the bosses will fare? I hope their not simple.sad.png

I'm not even going to get my hopes up for the bosses this time around. I know theres a hard mode feature in the console version, but I fully expect the bosses themselves to be rather unispired.

Two brand new City Escape videos. You can hear quite a bit of Modern City Escape. biggrin.png

*insert aforementioned videos of City Escape here*

Hm, I must say, the City Escape acts are looking pretty good so far. A tad short in terms of level length, perhaps, but it still looks to be pretty fun stuff. The player himself looks like he was having a good time, so that furthers fills me with confidence in the (already quite high) possibility of my enjoying this game.

I agree with Blue that it seems a little shorter than i expected for a fifth stage. it's a little sad. although i wouldn't say it "sucks". Yeah it was the first stage in adventure 2 but now it's a fifth. But I'll still have fun with it. and there will be missions. It wasn't my most anticipated stage so no harm done to me. I just hope stages like

Crisis city, Spagonia and planet wisp and sky sanctuary

are longer and hopefully more difficult. It's one thing for the first stage to be simple and straight forward but when you actually make them all to simple and straight forward that's going to far!wink.png

Edited by Classic EXshad

Remember in Sonic 2006, how Kingdom Valley was used as the demo stage, even though it was the penultimate stage in Sonic's story? And the section in the demo turned out to be only a small portion of the level? Plus, in Unleashed, the final version of Dragon Road turned out to be a lot tougher than the E3 version, and the whole level also wasn't shown at E3. Basically, I wouldn't worry too much about whether a level looks too short, or isn't difficult right now; they're dumbing these levels down for the purpose of being demos for the game.

Dragon Road was never a demo stage, and the E3 version was barely different from the final (the differences actually added up to the E3 version being slightly easier than the final). All we saw of it at E3 was from a developer interview and he stopped playing the level at the spinning discs. Kingdom Valley was cut down for very obvious reasons- '06 had the stages cut down into individual segments separated by loading screens, and the second segment of the stage required you to play as Silver. Unleashed and Colours didn't have stages cut down or simplified for demos, and neither does Generations. We've seen the full version of City Escape.

Edited by Classic EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not exactly, in the E3 version of Chun-Nan, certain things were different. Fire that shut on and off during certain intervals replaced the spinning spike.. stick things that acted as traps during the spinning disc segments. The enemies were also fewer in supply, and the whole level was easier thanks to a few changes they made. Now, while we did see the whole level, I bet it'll be more difficult for the final version, since the levels will be chronological and it's the fifth out of 9 levels, and based on what Sonic Team's done with the past, that's all I'm saying.

I meant to say harder, not easier tongue.pngThis is the E3 footage. Nothing is different, apart from the layout of a few boxes, the position of a dash hoop and the extra enemies in the spinning discs.

With Classic City Escape, the level layout is simplified in the playable demos compared to the older videos. However, I think it's more likely that we're looking at updated layouts instead of ones that have been simplified for the sake of demos. That's quite a lot of effort for a game that's getting released so soon.

I think the stages are rather short because maybe in the final game, you'll have more of a reason to stay in the level and explore every nook and cranny you can find for extras and most likely red rings.

Bear with me here, I'd like long stages too. But I think that Sonic Team want to emphasize exploring somehow here...I mean, they did go out of there way to give us much more open and wide 3D sections compared to the likes of Colors and Unleashed. I'm just guessing that they want us to explore the environment they've paved for us to see. So they've compensated for the shortened stages with encouraging to roam about and explore what you can.