Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

No New Sonic Generations Stages Showing Publicly at TGS:

http://www.tssznews....ublicly-at-tgs/

Although we've still got the Sonic Anniversary live music event. biggrin.png Iizuka, Senoue, and Ohtani will all be there. I'm guessing Johnny Gioeli won't be there. sad.png

There will, however, be a special Sonic Anniversary live music event beginning Sunday afternoon, September 18th, during the TGS. Takashi Iizuka will be on hand, and Jun Senoue is now confirmed to perform, along with Tomoya Ohtani, who was sound director for the magnificent soundtrack to Sonic Unleashed.

Although we've still got the Sonic Anniversary live music event. Iizuka, Senoue, and Ohtani will all be there.

I for one welcome this news with open arms. It means we don't get more levels spoiled with gameplay videos. I wouldn't mind a new trailer with some brief clips, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, we might not get level reveals but maybe(VERY UNLIKELY!WARNING GUESS IN PROGRESSblink.png )we'll get a boss/rival reveal or something. or get a glimpse of the time eater. But yeah happy that there are no more level reveals. at least for awhile. keeps me curious to wonder about stages when i don't see them.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

I just want to SEE what Sky Sanctuary.....or any other level, looks like. Fuck seeing the level design itself, I just want to see the visuals.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Hedgehogs Boost,

Doubt it. Really, really doubt it.

Edited by Balding Spider

I for one welcome this news with open arms. It means we don't get more levels spoiled with gameplay videos. I wouldn't mind a new trailer with some brief clips, though.

I agree with you Shadz. I don't need anymore stages spoiled. Seeing GHZ, Chemical plant, RTR and SSH was more than enough to get me ready for the game. All I need now is the main vocal theme and I'm set.

I agree with Shadz on this.

Game relase is just 8 weeks away. We were completly spoiled with Leak. I and I think majority want to be suprised with nods inside the stages etc. etc. So no more playtroughs please.

I wont mind screenshots and clips tho. And of corse trailer needs to teas 2 other Rivals.

I agree with you Shadz. I don't need anymore stages spoiled. Seeing GHZ, Chemical plant, RTR and SSH was more than enough to get me ready for the game. All I need now is the main vocal theme and I'm set.

I think Shadz meant playtroughs. No doubt SEGA will show everything but final zone.

I don't think sega will release anything of the time eater until the game comes out or(maybe, just maybe) right before the game comes out.

Before that I think the time eater will be that thing that will remain hidden until the end.

Even though we won't get a new look at CP, SH, and RR, there's still a chance that we'll see a brand new reveal trailer of some sort. Hopefully we'll be able to hear Modern City Escape clearly for once. New information through interviews is likely, too.

Will Johnny be there for the music event? The Twitter page said that Crush 40 will be there.

Edited by Neon

Even though we won't get a new look at CP, SH, and RR, there's still a chance that we'll see a brand new reveal trailer of some sort. Hopefully we'll be able to hear Modern City Escape clearly for once. New information through interviews is likely, too.

Of course! I mean its last big convention before relase. SEGA is going ALL OUT! I can smell it.

I actually loved Crazy Gadget, its possibly my favorite stage in SA2

I love Crazy Gadget.

*Cough* Crazy Gadget is my favorite stage in SA2, and I love Metal Harbor as well.

But I agree with everything else you said.

To be honest, I like Crazy Gadget now since it has the openness that we all desire in 3D Sonic, but at the same time, fuck those gravity switches and the sketchy Chaos monster that just knows when Sonic is about to homing attack him.

I think it's more the fact that you had a greater sense of control in SA1 and SA2 than you do in newer 3D Sonic games. However, I think the sense of "control" in the SA games was too great. It was far too easy to overshoot a turn and you would slow down so much when turning. However, in the newer games most of the time in 3D the paths are quite straight, and if they wind they're either on rails or you can very rarely weave through them nicely.

I remember specifically in Sonic Colours there was that section in one of the Tropical Resort acts where you had a path of rings following a slightly winding road, and getting most of these rings was almost impossible without boosting because of the slightly awkward control.

I still don't think they've quite nailed control in Sonic 3D games yet. I think we need to find a happy medium between SA2's control and Colours' control. Here's hoping Generations can offer somewhere close to that happy medium.

What greater sense of control? I love SA games, but the control that you are referring to was completely absent when Sonic hit that dash pad, started going straight for a few seconds, and then the player has control. Sure, it was great when you had stages that required heavy platforming which, by the way, lets not exaggerate the platforming in the Adventure games. It is the same damn thing that we see in Unleashed, Colors, and, from the looks of it, Generations. There was no tricky platforming other than hop to this platform, jump across this, and make these jumps in order. You guys make the Adventure games out to be Prince of Persia. The only stages that had any resemblance of challenging platforming were Final Egg, Lost World, and Crazy Gadget. Final Rush will always have a special place in my heart though....

Not really. The Adventure games allowed for fast and fluid 3D platforming. You can actually slow down easily and change directions quickly. The only reason Unleashed might feel better is because the level is designed around the modern gameplay. I couldn't imagine modern gameplay in an adventure stage such as Crazy Gadget. The actual 3D controls for Modern Sonic aren't as precise as the Adventure games.

This is coming from someone who loves Modern Sonic gameplay. biggrin.png

What was fast about the platforming in the Adventure games? I love these games, but the only ways that you could be fast as Sonic is if you spin dash(which doesn't give you much control) or Dash Pad. The platforming was always made the player stop or slow down for this particular section and then we hit the dash pad to compensate for Sonic's lack of perceived speed.

Ehh I'm satisfied that we didn't get anything new, I actually want the game to be a surprise when I play it. Though I do wish we had a trailer showing off the damn main theme for this game, all we've been getting are crappy tracks from other bands(No offense).

And thus is how Unleashed was ruined for a lot of people. They released a preview stage every other week and we got sneak peak pretty much showing us the highlights of every stage. I rather not see anything else, but the three stages(6 if you count Classic and Modern separate) we've been shown.

I don't watch the playthroughs (for the most part) personally, but I do enjoy the big reveals and trailers. I'd like to see something new from TGS.

Just as long as I hear the main theme of the game at that event I'll be fine. I still wanted to see crisis city :(. Oh well