Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

So is Stardust Speedway conformed or is it just a revamped Chemical Plant?

It's there in the Metal Sonic fight.

The features are the same as in Sonic CD.

It's there in the Metal Sonic fight.

The features are the same as in Sonic CD.

Gotcha.

While I'm not tryna to knock this new rendition of Chemical Plant (it looks great), something about it does looks a bit off. Though it's probably due to the quality of the scans.

Wait, will a time hole get both Sonic's to Stardust Speedway in the story technically? Or will something else happen?

So is Stardust Speedway conformed or is it just a revamped Chemical Plant?

It's stardust

Chemical Plant is exploding and collapsing in that picture.

This is clearly just Sonic Team erasing one more thing that made us love Sonic! Why can't any of you see it?! :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Chemical Plant is a nice level so I will love to play it when Generations release. ^^ To bad I couldn't get the demo =(

I can honestly see a jazzy remix of the song in either of the stages

Though I do expect a more sinister feel to Modern's

Edited by Tatsumaki

Ya- I'll just stick with epic if that's ok with everybody.

*BIG SHRUG*

Chemical Plant's remix needs some serious guitar action on Modern's part. Classic's should be exactly the same.

Wow, wasn't expecting to see Chemical Plant this soon but it looks amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if "Time Eater" is directly responsible for the modern version falling apart. And thank goodness for Stardust Speedway. Can't wait to see HD screens of this. Not sure if my body will be ready, but in all likelihood it won't be.

Wow, wasn't expecting to see Chemical Plant this soon but it looks amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if "Time Eater" is directly responsible for the modern version falling apart.

I kind of doubt that the Time Eater will be directly involved in any of the regular stages; I think the need to keep the classic stages relatively 'pure' will take precedent over the need to play up the Time Eater as a threat. There might be a line to the effect that the TE has made all of the stages more dangerous than before in some nebulous way, but I don't expect to see his giant monster hand reaching across time and space to toss a match into one of the chemical vats. It's a chemical plant and Sonic's running across it at ridiculous speeds; an explosive accident isn't that far-fetched.

A few pages back people were talking about classic sonic fighting perfect chaos and running on water and stuff...

Just a reminder, the fight with perfect chaos takes place in Sonic's super form, no need to run on water.

A few pages back people were talking about classic sonic fighting perfect chaos and running on water and stuff...

Just a reminder, the fight with perfect chaos takes place in Sonic's super form, no need to run on water.

It depends if Sonic Team wants to save the transformations for the end of the game or not.

Edited by Lungo

I really don't think they'll use super forms until the chaos emeralds are all collected, given how from the data, it's confirmed that Super Sonic can be unlocked for play during the regular game. So why in the story would there be a segment where you can use Super Sonic, but then can't use him for the rest of the story unless you get the Emeralds again? Besides, both Sonics can run on water (Hydrocity, Chun-nan, etc).

I also don't see the Werehog being playable in the Egg Dragoon fight for a similar reason: why introduce a mechanic for that one major segment of the game, only to never use it again? It just wouldn't make sense to make these boss fights so gimmicky.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

It depends if Sonic Team wants to save the transformations for the end of the game or not.

Yeah pretty much this and i think they will.

I mean they have the option of Modern Sonci running on water now.

Here is my take on the fight:

To defeat Perfect Chaos we need to hit him on the head(at least that's what we did in SA) with that said have Modern Sonic do what he did in the original game but no Super Sonic and mix it up a little. Let him boost all over the place...water, buildings, destroyed roads etc. and when he reaches PChaos do the same move he did in SA. Spin dash through him. ;)

How the Classic gameplay come in play? Simple. Platforming on the roofs. ;)

C Sonic will platform on the roofs of the destroyed buildings to reach PChaos head.

So what you think?

Edited by frokenok3

I really don't think they'll use super forms until the chaos emeralds are all collected, given how from the data, it's confirmed that Super Sonic can be unlocked for play during the regular game. So why in the story would there be a segment where you can use Super Sonic, but then can't use him for the rest of the story unless you get the Emeralds again? Besides, both Sonics can run on water (Hydrocity, Chun-nan, etc).

I actually thought about this a bit, and came up with a plausible solution:

Sonic and Sonic are literally traveling through time to get from place to place, right? It's very plausible that when they're about to fight Chaos, the other characters will still give them the emeralds (assuming the Sonic from that timeline is replaced by C. and M.). However, they would have to give the emeralds back when they defeat Chaos, as taking the emeralds with them would cause a time paradox. The emeralds they get to keep will likely be the ones from the present, rather than the past.

If they actually use Super Sonic in regular boss fights...I seriously picture Hyper Sonic being used again.

I mean what better game to bring fourth the power of Hyper Sonic. Its not like this villain is just a regular god...he literary has the power to fuck with time. That's much more powerful than any god (s) Sonic (s) has ever have to face. I don't think Super Sonic is going to cut it.

Also it be actually a nice change of pace being able o turn Super Sonic mid story.

Edited by Voyant

I'm pretty sure that they are both going to be super during the Perfect Chaos fight. Remember that chaos emerald item box a while back?

• Thumbs Up 1

If they actually use Super Sonic in regular boss fights...I seriously picture Hyper Sonic being used again.

I mean what better game to bring fourth the power of Hyper Sonic. Its not like this villain is just a regular god...he literary has the power to fuck with time. That's much more powerful than any god (s) Sonic (s) has ever have to face. I don't think Super Sonic is going to cut it.

Also it be actually a nice change of pace being able o turn Super Sonic mid story.

Solaris

• Thumbs Up 1