Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I've like them put even unpopular stuff to put in Generations despite quality. It makes the Franchise look a bit less disjointed and self-contained.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh god, can you just imagine the huge out roar if classic Sonic becomes a werehog?

Which would be pointless since he'd play COMPLETELY different being in 2D, XD. Inb4 it plays fucking gloriously like Streets of Rage, >D. But, it's obvious they they'd mainly be raging about changing anything with their nostalgia security blanket *hit*.

I'm just saying to honestly not count your chickens before they hatch kinda thing.

Which would be pointless since he'd play COMPLETELY different being in 2D, XD. Inb4 it plays fucking gloriously like Streets of Rage

Or Ristar...could be a nice/wierd throwback.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh god, can you just imagine the huge out roar if classic Sonic becomes a werehog?

O_O sleeping tonight may not be possible.

According to Neoseeker, Chemical Plant is melting down/collapsing and you have to fight metal sonic while its collapsing.

According to Neoseeker, Chemical Plant is melting down/collapsing and you have to fight metal sonic while its collapsing.

I knew that Metal Sonic will be part of Chemical Plant rather than Stardust Speedway being included as it's own locale for the Boss Fight.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Link? Pretty obvious the place he fights metal Sonic is stardust speedway....Unless that the gimmick in the STAGE. And at the end you end up in Stardust Speedway for the Boss fight.

The boss fight is separated from the level in the data as well.

Link? Pretty obvious the place he fights metal Sonic is stardust speedway....Unless that the gimmick in the STAGE. And at the end you end up in Stardust Speedway for the Boss fight.

The boss fight is separated from the level in the data as well.

I would think the name "Neoseeker" would give you an easier time to look for it, but if your that lazy...

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16898-chemical-plant-zone-suffers-a-meltdown-in-sonic-generations/

• Bad Quality Post 1

Honestly it sounds as if Neoseeker was just guessing. I don't think the Famitsu scans say anything of the sort.

Either way, the stage is obviously Stardust Speedway in design. It doesn't matter if the title card says Chemical Plant, or Sonic doesn't warp to Little Planet. The thought is there.

It's a "nod" to Stardust Speedway.

According to Neoseeker, who appear to just be basing their information off the Famitsu scans. They don't know anything more than we do.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 3

It's a "nod" to Stardust Speedway.

That's what I'm thinking. People are overhyping themself, when they say Stardust has been confirmed in the game...

Wait if we have Metal Sonic for Stardust Speedway or maybe Chemical Plant, what about Mecha Sonic? Will he make appearance in Sky Sanctuary? There was 3 unique boss battles there xD

Edited by ハリネズミ

That's why I'm really excited for Sky Sanctuary...I think they are going to mix it up a bit with Hidden Palace Zone and its just going to be an Epic Runaround with Mecha Sonic

According to Neoseeker, who appear to just be basing their information off the Famitsu scans. They don't know anything more than we do.

Exactly. There's more information to suggest that they are different environments (to those of us familiar with the zones and the leaks) than there is to suggest they are the same. The Rival Bosses and Bosses require keys to be unlocked, so it looks as though they will be separate from the levels themselves.

That's what I'm thinking. People are overhyping themself, when they say Stardust has been confirmed in the game...

We've seen the screenshots though. It is very clearly set in Stardust Speedway. The sky is the same color, but other than that it's extremely obvious that it's different from Chemical Plant.

None of the screenshots of the Rival Battle show any of the architecture found in Chemical Plant. What we do see are lamp posts like the ones in this image13.jpg

which are found no where in the original Chemical Plant nor anywhere in the revamped Chemical Plant. We do, however, see lamp posts in Stardust Speedway.

Also, take a look at this screenshot:

12.jpg

For a moment, ignore Metal Sonic's awesome burst ability and look at the buildings behind Classic Sonic and to the right of Metal Sonic. Those buildings hardly bare a resemblance to Chemical Plant's buildings, they look very much like a buildings from a futuristic city...like Stardust Speedway

It's just ONE small area, it doesn't mean anything... not yet.

Though if I am wrong, then I will formally admit it.

Edited by MrMetalloidMan

Random conversation diversion, but has it been confirmed that console versions of Generations will feature Special Stages or not? If so, I'd really, REALLY like to see Special stages like in the Sega Saturn version of Sonic 3D Blast. They were just so amazing. They took the cool stuff of the Sonic 2 special stages and made it cooler:

Random conversation diversion, but has it been confirmed that console versions of Generations will feature Special Stages or not? If so, I'd really, REALLY like to see Special stages like in the Sega Saturn version of Sonic 3D Blast. They were just so amazing. They took the cool stuff of the Sonic 2 special stages and made it cooler:

The second best special stage model (and music).

Sonic 3D blast is may favorite Special stage. Too bad we don't get special stages in the console version.

Oh well they need the emeralds for the story i guess...

Best special stage ever. It even incorporates rolling.

I think Sonic 2's special stages are completely obsolete now. Unleashed game play is basically a fully fleshed out Special Stage anyways. You run forward, jump, and even dodge the same spike balls. Even 3DS special stages look like the HD version of Modern Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 3D blast is may favorite Special stage. Too bad we don't get special stages in the console version.

Oh well they need the emeralds for the story i guess...

I thought it was mentioned in an interview that the Chaos Emeralds were going to be obtained through an alternate method.