Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Reminds me of Metal Sonic's model from Sonic R, only less pointy. :P

Metal_sonic_4.png

Adorable and menacing... quite a odd mix of traits there.

Lookin' good, glad they're using his CD design! It shows that (hopefully) his rival race truly will give SOME representation to Sonic CD.

I really hope both hedgies get to battle him. For Modern Sonic, I really hope it's a high-speed race, like in the original, but with the 2D/3D shifts in camera angles to make it really come to life. For Classic Sonic, I'll either take a straight remake of the original fight, OR a battle against the cute little metal deathtrap in the same style of the Mecha Sonic battles in both Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles. That'd make me happy, anyway :P I just truly hope each rival and boss has a version for both hedgies, to make it so that the levels aren't the only thing being done in both styles. At least that way, it wouldn't feel like there's any missing opportunities :P

That looks more like a photoshop

Just for comparing purposes

263965_10150250721197418_23050342417_7294581_6185101_n.jpg

Officialmetal.png

I don't know why but the darker blue color and pointy quills really make him look slightly more badass, but if it's real, I guess he looks allright.

*Entering Fangirl mode*AWWWWW, HE'S SO CUTE AND HUGGABLE! WHO'S A CUTE KILLING MACHINE?*Ending fangirl mode*

*Ahem*So...was this the bit of news that we were told would make us all 'warm and fuzzy?'

Lookin' good, glad they're using his CD design! It shows that (hopefully) his rival race truly will give SOME representation to Sonic CD.

I really hope both hedgies get to battle him. For Modern Sonic, I really hope it's a high-speed race, like in the original, but with the 2D/3D shifts in camera angles to make it really come to life. For Classic Sonic, I'll either take a straight remake of the original fight, OR a battle against the cute little metal deathtrap in the same style of the Mecha Sonic battles in both Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles. That'd make me happy, anyway :P I just truly hope each rival and boss has a version for both hedgies, to make it so that the levels aren't the only thing being done in both styles. At least that way, it wouldn't feel like there's any missing opportunities :P

Famitsu says they do.

Just occurred to me that if SEGA has just posted this on their flickr, maybe we're getting some sort of announcement today. A press release? Maybe they're going to start releasing trailers for each of the rivals?

That looks more like a photoshop

Just for comparing purposes

*pictures*

I don't know why but the darker blue color and pointy quills really make him look slightly more badass, but if it's real, I guess he looks allright.

Photoshopped ? Really I got it off Sonic the Hedgehog Facebook Page so it's very real not photoshopped I should of mentioned where I got it in my post when I posted it :P

Edited by SHADDiX LeTO CRoFT

Famitsu says they do.

Epic :P Link please? I believe you, I'm just curious as to what the article says, is all.

Epic :P Link please? I believe you, I'm just curious as to what the article says, is all.

Post 1557

Photoshopped ? Really I got it off Sonic the Hedgehog Facebook Page so it's very real not photoshopped I should of mentioned where I got it in my post when I posted it :P

Ah ignore what I said then. The model has a lot of modern traits to it. Unlike classic sonic, which was solely build on the concept arts, metal sonic looks more like a shortened modern metal sonic imo.

Not that he looks bad, just saying :P

Edited by Jaouad

Oh.

Oh man.

That is seriously the cutest thing.

If it's true that both Sonics will get to fight Metal, and if each Sonic gets to fight the version of Metal from their era, does that actually mean that we'll be seeing Classic Shadow and Classic Silver? Will there be classic versions of all of the other characters? If there's classic Vector and he's tall and skinny like in Chaotix I will bottle my tears of joy and fucking mail them to Sonic Team, I swear to God.

So glad to see MS back in action again. (although Heroes delivered one nasty surprise)

Color me curious, but I wonder if we may be able to play as this character.

Would be interesting if he was embedded with a time emerald, and you can only fix the past by beating him. =D

So glad to see MS back in action again. (although Heroes delivered one nasty surprise)

Color me curious, but I wonder if we may be able to play as this character.

Would be interesting if he was embedded with a time emerald, and you can only fix the past by beating him. =D

If I understand the leaks correctly, we're able to play as most characters to an extent by doing co-op missions. However, Shadow, Silver and Metal Sonic are all boss fights instead.

If I understand the leaks correctly, we're able to play as most characters to an extent by doing co-op missions. However, Shadow, Silver and Metal Sonic are all boss fights instead.

Yeah pretty much. Also inb4 Classic Tails taking the prize for the cutest character of the year! :3

Damn i want to see a trailer now and i want to know if we'll have a race battle!!

Metal Sonic is gloriously shiny. =]

If it's true that both Sonics will get to fight Metal, and if each Sonic gets to fight the version of Metal from their era, does that actually mean that we'll be seeing Classic Shadow and Classic Silver? Will there be classic versions of all of the other characters? If there's classic Vector and he's tall and skinny like in Chaotix I will bottle my tears of joy and fucking mail them to Sonic Team, I swear to God.

I would imagine you just fight Classic Metal, since he's the rival for that era. Although it might be odd to see Modern Sonic do battle with him. I cannot see a Classic Shadow or Silver happening since they never existed as such in the first place. As for Chaotix, Sonic Team has kind of retconned their original personas out of existence so I can't see them being referenced either.

Edited by Lungo

Man, if they're making classic versions as well for characters like Metal Sonic and Shadow, additional playable characters would be such a missed opportunity, even if they're only reskins.

Loving Metal Sonic here either way. If this really is a "Classic" version, wonder if the Modern will just be taller with the other slight differences, or his Heroes version (Pre T-Rex mode of course)? Should be interesting to see.

Metal Sonic is gloriously shiny. =]

I would imagine you just fight Classic Metal, since he's the rival for that era. Although it might be odd to see Modern Sonic do battle with him. I cannot see a Classic Shadow or Silver happening since they never existed as such in the first place. As for Chaotix, Sonic Team has kind of retconned their original personas out of existence so I can't see them being referenced either.

We all said the same thing about Classic Sonic before Generations was announced, and you know how that turned out. I'll believe anything at this point; this game has long since demolished my ability to reasonably predict things.

I'm really starting to think that Modern and Classic are actually from parallel dimensions or something, and that the events of every game happened to both of them, only for Classic it was all acted out in pantomime. The games we "got", as it were, just happened to have switched between games focusing on Classic Sonic to ones focusing on Modern Sonic after 1999.

...yes, I only want to believe this because characters not being able to speak would make most of the modern games really hilarious to watch. Also, Classic Chip would probably rival Hatchling Spike on the cuteness scale.

I'm just gonna say what I said on the other topic.

IS SO CUTE!I WANT TO HUG HIM. :D

Sorry for that serious now, it would be cool if Sega gave us the option of unlocking metal sonic as a skin, just like in SADX.

Is it sad (or rather expected) that I thought the badass, murderous Metal Sonic looked so damn adorable and poke-able with classic proportions? Maybe it's just the angle that the picture was rendered in, but that large head and short legs are hilariously cute. This is the first time I could ever hug the bastard. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet! Now we just need some screenshots of him in action.