Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

It should be "Toot Toot Sonic Warrior".

This....considering the theme of the game...

yeah...I can deal with it....XD

Edited by Voyant

im not a classic fan i love both but we should probably talk bout something else now like amazing chemical plant looks so we dont get into to much of a war :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Chemical Plant looks outstanding in the visual department...better than any stage yet and I am judging this off fail scans from a mag....XD

Chemical Plant looks outstanding and we've only seen bad quality magazine screens. Stardust Speedway also looks great. All the levels, so far, look gorgeous! Sky Sanctuary is going to be amazing!

Chemical Plant looks outstanding in the visual department...better than any stage yet and I am judging this off fail scans from a mag....XD

this is semi off topic. But sega forums is still offline. it's been a month. WTF?

WTF! indeed, what is going on?

WTF! indeed, what is going on?

Be patient and wait, no one know much of anything with what's going on there. This isn't the place for that, so chill ^-^;;

Anyway just saw the chemical plant pictures. So.... red, lol. And everyone was worrying about the diversity in the levels, this certainly looks like fire. Looks fantastic, can't wait to fight Metal Sonic 8D

Edited by Melru
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I know this is kind of off topic from what you guys have been talking about recently, but along the lines of the potential "Co-Op" in a GameSpot interview Patrick Riley did say that for the console version "you will be able to interact with your friends in some ways, which we are not yet talking about." Does this mean that there will be Co-Op?!

• Thumbs Up 1

I know this is kind of off topic from what you guys have been talking about recently, but along the lines of the potential "Co-Op" in a GameSpot interview Patrick Riley did say that for the console version "you will be able to interact with your friends in some ways, which we are not yet talking about." Does this mean that there will be Co-Op?!

Edited by Lungo

My body is certainly ready for the inevitable co-op awesomeness that has been missing since Shadow the Hedgehog. Now I just need to find someone to play as that boring blue hedgehog guy while I main as the secondary characters.

I'm just hoping that the characters chatter in-game, though. I loved the bantering between the cast members in Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic Heroes, in that it let you dive inside their noggins by listening to their reactions to your surroundings as you progressed throughout the stage. Because let's face it; if you did in fact see a tornado carrying a car approaching you, you would probably say something about it.

It'd also be pretty spiffy if they spewed out continuity nods out the wazoo, seeing as this game would be perfectly suited for just that. You know you want to hear Tails reminisce about Chemical Plant, don't you lie to me.

Also, make in-game dialogue disable-able in the options menu like Sonic and the Black Knight did. That way everybody's happy.

Edited by HuntressTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

My body is certainly ready for the inevitable co-op awesomeness that has been missing since Shadow the Hedgehog. Now I just need to find someone to play as that boring blue hedgehog guy while I main as the secondary characters.

I'm just hoping that the characters chatter in-game, though. I loved the bantering between the cast members in Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic Heroes, in that it let you dive inside their noggins by listening to their reactions to your surroundings as you progressed throughout the stage. Because let's face it; if you did in fact see a tornado carrying a car approaching you, you would probably say something about it.

It'd also be pretty spiffy if they spewed out continuity nods out the wazoo, seeing as this game would be perfectly suited for just that. You know you want to hear Tails reminisce about Chemical Plant, don't you lie to me.

Also, make in-game dialogue disable-able in the options menu like Sonic and the Black Knight did. That way everybody's happy.

I have high hopes for Crisis City. In 06 it was a pretty stationary, boring level. In Generations, they could have the entire place collapsing (shouldn't it have been in the first place..?) Sonic can running along a falling building, or leap across debris. Or they could recreate the other section of the level in which you're in the tornadocarrying a carand Sonic has a bunch of crazy QTE stuff to do. Classic could platform along flying rocks and street sections. Of course, CC also had the crappy snowboarding bit at the beginning...and I think that after CE it would be redundant to have another snowboarding down the street section.

I also feel good about Speed Highway, even though people think it's just another city level. When you think about it, City Escape is a city STREETS level, Speed Highway is a city ROOFTOP level, Crisis City is a city HOLY SHIT WTF IS GOING ON level, and Rooftop Run is Rooftop Friggin' Run. Speed Highway, I think, has a distinctive enough personality to stand out here, with all of the level gimicks they could abuse. There's the helicopter, running down the side of the long-ass building, the part at the end where you have to avoid traffic. It could be really awesome.

We've already played RR with the Unleashed engine, true, but if Sonic Team didn't think they could step it up, it wouldn't be in the level. There will be more crazy high-flying rooftop running. Times a thousand, surely.

They have the choice to offer us a new way to fight this boss or... use a plot twist to make the werehog back from nowhere for a single boss fight !

• Thumbs Up 1

*Egg Dragoon appears*

Alright Eggman, let's dance!

*turns into Werehog*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I must be part of the minority who would like to see the Werehog return with better controls and physics,

If Sonic Team take another crack at it they might actually make it good.

• Thumbs Up 4