Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Um wait, a Modio? I don't know what that is (apart from having to do with the Xbox 360). If you want me to provide some help in hacking the 360 demo, I can tell you as much as I know about it. During my two weeks trying to hack this demo, I did try to work with the 360 version at one point.

I found a program that unpacked the demo. I found that the demo contains the exact same bb.cpk file as the PS3 version so you do all the same steps to unpack, edit, and repack that bit. I could not, however find a way to repack the demo, is that what Modio does? Either way what I do know is, getting the modified demo to work on your 360 requires Jtagging it (if you don't know what that means, it means taking your 360 apart and using a soldering iron to melt a specific cable into a specific slot on the motherboard) and I wasn't up for risikng the destruction of my 360 and I assume most people aren't.

Bottom line, if you want to go to the trouble (or already have) of making your 360 ready to play the modded demo, I can provide the links to the tools I used.

I was actually confused and thought it was the OTHER modern level video...

I didn't actually watch it when someone posted it on the forum. But Modio is basically where you upload your save files, so I'm not sure it'd work anyway.

Edited by A Match in Oil Ocean Zone

I was actually confused and I thought it was the OTHER modern level video...

I didn't actually watch it when someone posted it on the forum. But Modio is basically where you upload your save files, so I'm not sure it'd work anyway.

I don't think it would, this doesn't have to do with save files. Sorry.

Not for the UK, it's 00:22 and I just did a final test. The 20 day limit is completely irrelevant if you want to keep playing. I had my date set to 1st January whilst I was playing the demo as 00:00 came about and I wasn't signed into LIVE, there was no expiration notice. When I signed into LIVE however, the date corrected itself automatically and the expiration notice appeared so I just got thrown into the trailer automatically. I then signed out of LIVE and went back into the demo and still the demo said it's expired, which admittedly worried me slightly :P then I changed the date to 1st January 2011 again and the expiration date has gone and I'm back in.

Oh SEGA, you so silly.

Edited by ENVY

Not for the UK, it's 00:22 and I just did a final test. The 20 day limit is completely irrelevant if you want to keep playing. I had my date set to 1st January whilst I was playing the demo as 00:00 came about and I wasn't signed into LIVE, there was no expiration notice. When I signed into LIVE however, the date corrected itself automatically and the expiration notice appeared so I just got thrown into the trailer automatically. I then signed out of LIVE and went back into the demo and still the demo said it's expired, which admittedly worried me slightly :P then I changed the date to 1st January 2011 again and the expiration date has gone and I'm back in.

Oh SEGA, you so silly.

I didn't say this before but I'll just say it now. Seaside hill is Green hill + Emerald coast with lots of water and ruins. ;) Kind of have to give credit to Nepenthe since she started that whole thing with Crisis city. So thanks! :)

I didn't say this before but I'll just say it now. Seaside hill is Green hill + Emerald coast with lots of water and ruins. ;) Kind of have to give credit to Nepenthe since she started that whole thing with Crisis city. So thanks! :)

Definitely trolling.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kind of have to give credit to Nepenthe since she started that whole thing with Crisis city. So thanks! :)

I did what now?

Well switching the demo from Trial_Ver1 to Trial_Ver2 put me on a stage select screen for the Rooftop Run levels so I'm going to guess that's their next demo. If you think about it, it does actually make sense. Sonic 1 was the first game with Classic Sonic so they used the level from that game and Sonic Unleashed was the first game to use the gameplay formula used by Modern Sonic so it makes sense that they would represent him with the Sonic Unleashed stage.

Perhaps they're saving that demo for an upcoming gaming convention?

Definitely trolling.

Probably not, trolls are much, much, MUCH, worse.

Edited by SuperClassic

You once made an off-hand comment about how Crisis City is like Speed Highway and Windy Valley put together on fire. I loved the analogy and spread it around a bit. Now there's a new thread dedicated to drawing similarities like this.

Congratulations. You've created a great thing and proven the justice of our culture.

• Thumbs Up 2

OR they intend to let us play classic level with Modern Sonic and Modern Levels with Classic Sonic. I remember reading a rumor about that as a feature back at E3. Now IF they are planning to do that, it still might not make the final cut because as PolygonJim's video's pointed out, doing certain actions with Classic Sonic in Modern Sonic's level (such as spin dashing in 3D or interacting with certain stage elements) causes the game to freeze so if they can't get it to work out, then they will probably remove the feature (if they are even making it a feature).

Oh yeeeeaaaah.

Hooray! I've proven so useful that I inspired a quote and topic without any knowledge whatsoever that it was influential beyond painting me as overenthusiastic. Lovely. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, apparently their definition of "signed into Xbox Live" just means sign into your profile, online or not. I signed out of my profile, changed the date, and was asked to sign in to Xbox Live. I signed in but disconnected my wireless adapter and then it let me play.

Wow, apparently their definition of "signed into Xbox Live" just means sign into your profile, online or not. I signed out of my profile, changed the date, and was asked to sign in to Xbox Live. I signed in but disconnected my wireless adapter and then it let me play.

Yup. Been saying this since the day the demo was released. Sheer laziness (who doesn't test that?) on SEGA's part. And the thing is, before the demo came out I was telling people that you wouldn't be to do because that's not how timed demos work. SEGA didn't get the memo however.

263965_10150250721197418_23050342417_7294581_6185101_n.jpg

CLASSIC METAL FUCKING SONIC Omg he looks so cutteeeee and I never thought Metal could but his smaller classic version is so cute =D

• Thumbs Up 4

CLASSIC METAL FUCKING SONIC Omg he looks so cutteeeee and I never thought Metal could but his smaller classic version is so cute =D

I thought I just posted here... Oh well, I'll do it again.

It's nothing special. I think his legs are too small, which make his head look way too big. It just looks odd.

Edited by Marcellof
  • Thumbs Up 1

He's obviously shorter since he's supposed to be the same height as Classic Sonic. However, this isn't a leaked asset since it's from SEGA's official Flikr.

I think he's so cute. <3