Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Please Hyper... Just stop >_>.

Anywho on topic = I also hope there's a way to hack the demo on the 360 to let us play as Modern Sonic.

Honestly, all I want is a new trailer, I haven't cared much for the hacks besides the shields, I already knew that there had to be something else in the demo, the file simply seemed too huge.

Honestly, all I want is a new trailer, I haven't cared much for the hacks besides the shields, I already knew that there had to be something else in the demo, the file simply seemed too huge.

I'm really hoping for a new trailer too. Figuring Rooftop Run is next, but I kind of would like a story trailer rather than a stage reveal trailer. Probably won't get one of those for a while though.

I'm assuming the stage reveals are going to go in this order though:

Classic: Green Hill

Dreamcast: City Escape (Rootftop Run tease)

Modern: Rooftop Run (Chemical Plant tease)

Classic: Chemical Plant (Speed Highway tease)

Dreamcast: Speed Highway (Crisis City tease)

Modern: Crisis City (Sky Sanctuary tease)

Classic: Sky Sancturay (Seaside Hill tease)

Dreamcast: Seaside Hill (Planet Wisp tease)

Modern: Planet Wisp

I think they're definitely going to stick with alternating the trailers, Classic/Dreamcast/Modern. We know Rooftop Run is probably next, and I'd guess they'd follow it up with Chemical Plant since I think they want to hold off on Sky Sanctuary because they know fans are drooling over it.

I'm figuring Speed Highway will come after that because since the leaks, I'm sure SEGA really wants to show that this stage IS worthy of being in Generations. For the same reason, I bet Crisis City will follow it up. After that, the only stages left are Sky Sanctuary (Classic), Seaside Hill (Dreamcast), and Planet Wisp (Modern).

I'm really hoping for a new trailer too. Figuring Rooftop Run is next, but I kind of would like a story trailer rather than a stage reveal trailer. Probably won't get one of those for a while though.

I'm assuming the stage reveals are going to go in this order though:

Classic: Green Hill

Dreamcast: City Escape (Rootftop Run tease)

Modern: Rooftop Run (Chemical Plant tease)

Classic: Chemical Plant (Speed Highway tease)

Dreamcast: Speed Highway (Crisis City tease)

Modern: Crisis City (Sky Sanctuary tease)

Classic: Sky Sancturay (Seaside Hill tease)

Dreamcast: Seaside Hill (Planet Wisp tease)

Modern: Planet Wisp

I think they're definitely going to stick with alternating the trailers, Classic/Dreamcast/Modern. We know Rooftop Run is probably next, and I'd guess they'd follow it up with Chemical Plant since I think they want to hold off on Sky Sanctuary because they know fans are drooling over it.

I'm figuring Speed Highway will come after that because since the leaks, I'm sure SEGA really wants to show that this stage IS worthy of being in Generations. For the same reason, I bet Crisis City will follow it up. After that, the only stages left are Sky Sanctuary (Classic), Seaside Hill (Dreamcast), and Planet Wisp (Modern).

It sort of puzzles me that people were complaining about their being too many city levels, I mean, was Sonic Unleashed not littered with city levels? As long as the cities all have their own unique look and all feel like they're different from eachother, I think I'm fine.

• Thumbs Up 4

It sort of puzzles me that people were complaining about their being too many city levels, I mean, was Sonic Unleashed not littered with city levels? As long as the cities all have their own unique look and all feel like they're different from eachother, I think I'm fine.

Agreed.

I would have prefered that they had more tropes in a celebration of the franchise's history, but I don't think theres a problem with the level list on it's own. Its not like Crisis City is anything remotely similar to City Escape.

Can we rename this topic, "THE SONIC GENERATIONS MEGA TOPIC"? I mean damn, just about everything that was mentioned so far either has nothing to do with leaks or is just something random about Generations.

On topic: *looks at that hour long video.* I may need a mop. I drooled so much while watching that.

Can we rename this topic, "THE SONIC GENERATIONS MEGA TOPIC"? I mean damn, just about everything that was mentioned so far either has nothing to do with leaks or is just something random about Generations.

On topic: *looks at that hour long video.* I may need a mop. I drooled so much while watching that.

See, Sonic Unleashed was a game based around visiting different populated areas all over the world; that was its gimmick. It was, after all, a world adventure. This game, however, is an adventure through time, and through Sonic's most iconic environments. I'm not here to complain; like I said before, as a whole, I'm rather content with this list, but it really is lame when people use the "Unleashed had lots of cities, so it's okay for this game too" excuse, because each game has a very different goal when it comes to selecting level motifs.

Edited by EXshad

See, Sonic Unleashed was a game based around visiting different populated areas all over the world; that was its gimmick. It was, after all, a world adventure. This game, however, is an adventure through time, and through Sonic's most iconic environments. I'm not here to complain; like I said before, as a whole, I'm rather content with this list, but it really is lame when people use the "Unleashed had lots of cities, so it's okay for this game too" excuse, because each game has a very different goal when it comes to selecting level motifs.

But really, aren't the levels used in Generations the motif's of the games they were from, regardless of city or not? Green Hill is iconic, as is Chemical Plant and to perhaps a lesser degree, Sky Sanctuary. Speed Highway is possiby the most memorable from Adventure (although I personally remember going through Red Mountain as Knuckles more) and City Escape is the most memorable from Adventure 2. Crisis City? Well, it had to be either that or Kingdom Valley, and this way, we have a fire level too! As for Rooftop Run, well, that too is possibly the most memorable level from Unleashed- I know my friends and I certainly thought so. We still fire up Unleashed from time to time to challenge each other to see how fast we can do Rooftop Run, y'know? It's just good.

And now, on topic, but at a slight tangent- isn't today the day the demo dies?

I see what you're saying, what I said actually made me look like a hypocrite as a I usually do try to remember what a game is going for and what we're actually getting when judging a game. I'm also fine with the list, but what I wonder is how they're going to make Rooftop Run any better, I doubt they'll just rip it right from Unleashed and slap it into Generations.

Edited by Schismatist

I know Krazy! I am sad. T_T

I want to play the modern version now.

Come on Sega & ST this is supposed to be the best of the 2 worlds. Give us the whole package. :D

Ahaha :lol:

Nice one MarcelloF. Well i hope we see an ice based theme for SG cause it would to bad not to have one.

Anyways, I had an epitome and figured out (I think) what AAUK's warm fuzzy Sonic secret was... but NOW I FORGOT ;_; I'm trying desperately to remember but to no avail! Fuuu... Just watch as he tells everyone and I was right, but couldn't remember until then. XD...

GOT IT! I remember now! It was the "Happy Birthday, Sonic!" group-shout from Sonic Boom. =D They're using it in the game. Either Sonic's adventure starts at his birthday party, or ends there. XD At least that's my theory. It makes you warm and fuzzy too because if it's at the end, classic and Modern might both be there. ;D Maybe Sonic's wearing a birthday hat, LOL.

Edited by Aptiva

LOL!

I actually hope SEGA are trolling us and pop out an official game list and are all like "Tricked you! It's actually twice as big as you thought it was".......that's what she said.

I'm a bit late but that vid the guy the who hacked demo made was awesome! Love all the little details like Sonic's eyes and mouth animating and his idle animations and the little things like the Chopper badniks (was wondering where those guys were in modern Sonic!) and I agree that everything is so beautiful and the enviroments are just screaming to be explored and yes I'd like to not have invisible walls but consider this: people have been bitching so much about "cheap deathpits" in Sonic that I don't doubt SEGA decided to do something about it.....so if you think about it those people seem to be to blame.

Personally I never really cared about death pits, LOVED Sonic Heroes but about the only time it pissed me off was during Mystic Mansion in that one room where you had to grind along like an intricate course of spiderweb like rails to get to switches to open the door to the next room.....yeah that was a bit annoying (especially freaking me out when doing Hard mode where you can't die even once or you start from the VERY beggining of the game) but I don't really have a problem with death pits.

I actually agree with the guy though, if there is a waterfall there or a bit of open land that I have no chance of running Sonic off during regular gameplay, the option to kill myself on it should still be there! lol.

Edited by The-Master-Board

Because Unleashed, or "World Adventure" was all about travelling. Exploring cities from different cultures was a good way to represent that. Generations on the other hand, representing the entire Sonic series to date, doesn't represent the wide variety of environments we're used to.

• Thumbs Up 1

If there's a new demo tomorrow. I'm trusting you guys to know about it when I wake up tomorrow morning :)

I highly, highly doubt that there will be a new demo tomorrow but if that happened then...EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!

Edited by KrazyBean14

Next demo will be on October 10th according to the guy from the video. Now who knows...i hope Sega is awesome and give us and update to play Modern Sonic BUT i highly doubt it too like krazy.

Edited by frokenok3

Sonic Generations Demo only has 32 Hours and 39 Mins left!

i posted this on another thread, but for those who want to keep playing the demo all you have to do is change the date on your console for example to June 23rd and you get your 20 days back. =)

In response to the infinite demo, leftover assets and everything related...

lolSEGA

• Thumbs Up 1