Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Well this is a mega spoiler topic. So he really does not have a reason too.

SPOILER! OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK!

EvenmorecoolstuffintheSonicGenerationsDemo-YouTube-MozillaFirefox_2011-08-26_19-52-59.png

Never again will I spoil myself game like this. OH MY GAWD WAS THAT A MEGA SLAP IN THE FACE!

.....................................................................................

FUCK YEAH SEAKING.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm pretty sure there won't be a Classic Knuckles or Amy because I looked at some of the archives and while one of the Tails Missions is programmed to retrieve the character "Classic Tails" and the other mission is programmed to retrieve "Tails" Both of Knuckles's and Amy's missions are programmed to retrieve the NPC's "Knuckles" and "Amy" respectively. So yeah Sonic, Tails, Metal Sonic, and Robotnik are the only Classic renditions we're getting.

I'm pretty sure there won't be a Classic Knuckles or Amy because I looked at some of the archives and while one of the Tails Missions is programmed to retrieve the character "Classic Tails" and the other mission is programmed to retrieve "Tails" Both of Knuckles's and Amy's missions are programmed to retrieve the NPC's "Knuckles" and "Amy" respectively. So yeah Sonic, Tails, Metal Sonic, and Robotnik are the only Classic renditions we're getting.

No I said they both Super Sonics use the same victory animations as each-other, not as their normal counterparts. The full animation (I only showed part of it) has them both flying all over the place before stopping in that spot. They may not share all animations but only two of their animations are complete at this stage so there's no telling.

wait then how come jazware is making a classic amy figure.I thought i also heard or a classic knuckles. at least that's what i heard. They better make some sort of appearance. Plus i don't think we should plant our feet yet. We might get a classic knuckles and amy somehow. I just hope in the story. I mean how can you have sky sanctuary without C. knuckles or stardust speedway without amy.I'm going to wait. plus what about this:

Well heres something neat. Looking at the animations files. Seeing for Knuckles, I found this G_Knuckles_Rig in the animation file. Since in the data we know that Modern Sonic is called Generic Sonic. I can assume that the G in that name means Generic which = Modern. Which means there will be a Classic Knuckles in some way shape or form.

Which is awesome and cool and junk.

But it should have been a given anyways I think. (If I'm wrong. Then Sega you dissapoint.)

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

No Classic Amy KINDA makes sense, given the context of Metal Sonic's appearance. But no Classic Knuckles? In Sky Sanctuary? Very strange.. but hey, they could make cameos in cutscenes or something. Besides, didn't Jazwares say that they were only making figures of characters that would be in Generations? Classic Amy was one of those.. I don't think Classic Knuckles was, though.

Edited by Classic EXshad

Classic Knuckles and Classic Amy might make some kind of cameo appearance in the game. If not then it's pretty odd to leave them completely out cause they're also part of the history.

wait then how come jazware is making a classic amy figure.I thought i also heard or a classic knuckles. at least that's what i heard. They better make some sort of appearance. Plus i don't think we should plant our feet yet. We might get a classic knuckles and amy somehow. I just hope in the story. I mean how can you have sky sanctuary without C. knuckles or stardust speedway without amy.I'm going to wait. plus what about this:

They also made a Classic Werehog figure and that's not happening either (fun fact, in Unleashed the internal name for the Werehog was "Evil").

I guess it is possible for them to appear in the story, but it seems wasteful to get a model for classic characters and not give them any NPC missions. As for what Twilightzoney said, everything "Modern" in the franchise is either referred to as "Generic" or "200" whether or not they have a classic counterpart.

Well that's not "Classic" werehog but a poorly made regular werehog. they have a sonic,knuckles and shadow along with metal sonic as well. That doesn't prove anything against them not putting a classic knuckles or amy.

Well considering how the the Werehog figure has Black Eyes, I'm guessing it's Classic.

Not everything is in the demo but what I'm referring to is kind of like a table of contents, it list a lot of things that aren't actually present in the demo (for instance the fire tornado in Crisis City) and it lists all the missions and never references any Classic Characters besides Tails.

Well considering how the the Werehog figure has Black Eyes, I'm guessing it's Classic.

Not everything is in the demo but what I'm referring to is kind of like a table of contents, it list a lot of things that aren't actually present in the demo (for instance the fire tornado in Crisis City) and it lists all the missions and never references any Classic Characters besides Tails.

Edited by Blue Blood

It would be pretty disappointing not to have Classic Knuckles in there. For me personally, anyway, before somebody comes in and tells me to stop complaining. =P

Would the "Classic" character data have to be in the demo assets if the characters were shown in a cutscene or during the ranking scene?

I mean, I still want to imagine (especially since Jazwares is re-releasing the F4F figures) that Classic Knuckles or Amy will show up somehow. I mean... Sky Sanctuary without Knuckles being Knuckles? Crazy... Stardust Speedway without Amy? Curiousier and Curiousier.

I guess I just want to hold out for more hope... even if the evidence is quite contrary. Even if they don't end up showing up, it won't really affect my opinion of the game, or hinder my enjoyment... just seemed like a good way to include the whole cast of classic characters.

Man, I really hope that's not true. I really wanted to see Classic Knuckles and Classic Amy. |:

• Thumbs Up 1

I still expect to see Classic Amy and Knuckles.

If we learn they aren't in the game, it'll be a major dissapointment. I mean, seeing Classic Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Metal and Eggman is one of the reasons I'm really hyped for Generations.

Would the "Classic" character data have to be in the demo assets if the characters were shown in a cutscene or during the ranking scene?

I mean, I still want to imagine (especially since Jazwares is re-releasing the F4F figures) that Classic Knuckles or Amy will show up somehow. I mean... Sky Sanctuary without Knuckles being Knuckles? Crazy... Stardust Speedway without Amy? Curiousier and Curiousier.

I guess I just want to hold out for more hope... even if the evidence is quite contrary. Even if they don't end up showing up, it won't really affect my opinion of the game, or hinder my enjoyment... just seemed like a good way to include the whole cast of classic characters.

it just doesn't make sense why they would exclude classic knuckles amy i can understand,(although i want to see her) But knuckles? Um hello last time I checked sky sanctuary was a level from Sonic & Knuckles. he played a huge role in the game. That's why i think he'll make some sort of appearance in generations.

it just doesn't make sense why they would exclude classic knuckles amy i can understand,(although i want to see her) But knuckles? Um hello last time I checked sky sanctuary was a level from Sonic & Knuckles. he played a huge role in the game. That's why i think he'll make some sort of appearance in generations.

That's like saying the Werehog will appear in Spagonia, or Silver and Shadow will be playable in Crisis City, or All 7 Wisp Powers will be usable in Planet Wisp, or Mecha Sonic will be in Sky Sanctuary. They may have played important roles in their respective games, but this is about 20 years of SONIC. Sure a large cast of prominent characters is in order for such an occasion, but to see them be revived in their actual historic event is another, the only bits from the previous levels they are trying to celebrate are the Sonic bits.

Look, Jack, if Classic Amy and/or Knuckles aren't in Generations, I'll just make an account called Jacktheinfinite1O1 and insult everyone on here, the SEGA Forums and Sonic Retro. Is that okay ? :3

That's like saying the Werehog will appear in Spagonia, or Silver and Shadow will be playable in Crisis City, or All 7 Wisp Powers will be usable in Planet Wisp, or Mecha Sonic will be in Sky Sanctuary. They may have played important roles in their respective games, but this is about 20 years of SONIC. Sure a large cast of prominent characters is in order for such an occasion, but to see them be revived in their actual historic event is another, the only bits from the previous levels they are trying to celebrate are the Sonic bits.

Well as in making a appearance. the werehog will probably make some sort of appearance. But sonic&Knuckles was called sonic and knuckles. Being playable is a completely different thing as well i'm not asking for that. I'm talking about making a appearance . and as a matter of fact i also hope mecha sonic shows up somehow. Plus knuckles did show up in classic sonic's bit of sky sanctuary. the wisps i will say probably will make a appearance somehow as well. your on their home planet. All i'm saying is that it is weird if knuckles doesn't get shown even if this is sonic's history. the levels are trying to stay faithful to the games they were in.