Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Meh. All these "spoilers" (which are either obvious stuff or stuff that will be announced closer to the release date) only make me even more hyped for the game. As long as I don't learn about real spoilers (like who's the Time Eater or if Big is really in the GUN Truck) I'm okay.

You don't count both Super Sonics being playable as a real spoiler?

OMG SUPER SONIC NOW THE WHOLE GAME IS RUINED FOR ME I MAY AS WELL NOT EVEN PLAY

Guys.

Come on.

First couple of pages, we saw Classic Super Sonic's model.

Modern Super Sonic looks exactly the same as he always has.

I am not surprised at all and would not even call this a spoiler.

How about that list of all the levels to be featured in the game. Guess that wasn't as big a deal, huh?

Edited by A Match in Oil Ocean Zone
  • Thumbs Up 2

Nope. Super Sonic was supposed to be playable in Sonic '06 and SU but that didn't make it, and he finally was playable in Colors. I think it was really expectable to see him playable (for both Sonics).

However, if, say, Hyper Sonic was there for the final boss or an extra boss, now that'd be a real spoiler.

How could you, it seems like the obvious thing to do seeing as in Colors and Sonics 2-4 have all had Super Sonic playable in level, its nothing new and entirely expected (especially when considering the red rings)

Edited by Cero

Nope. Super Sonic was supposed to be playable in Sonic '06 and SU but that didn't make it, and he finally was playable in Colors. I think it was really expectable to see him playable (for both Sonics).

However, if, say, Hyper Sonic was there for the final boss or an extra boss, now that'd be a real spoiler.

Don't count on it. I'm not expert on game programming but I believe it's impossible to make textures animated GIFs in 3D games so if that's correct, out best chance for Hyper Sonic is Sonic 4.

Don't count on it. I'm not expert on game programming but I believe it's impossible to make textures animated GIFs in 3D games so if that's correct, out best chance for Hyper Sonic is Sonic 4.

They don't need to make it like that.

I mean, look at Rainbow Mario from Super Mario Galaxy.

How could you, it seems like the obvious thing to do seeing as in Colors and Sonics 2-4 have all had Super Sonic playable in level, its nothing new and entirely expected (especially when considering the red rings)

I half-expected them to make Super Sonic playable in levels cause they have him playable in Sonic 4 and Colors recently. The other half is that they might stick him in as boss only fights like they did with almost every Sonic game in over an decade.

When I heard that there was some huge spoiler in this topic (and I got wind it was super form-related) I thought I'd be seeing pics of Super Knuckles or Super Tails or Super Shadow or Burning Blaze or...something.

I was actually a bit disappointed to see what it actually was. unsure.png

Spoilers are going too far in a spoiler thread... which was created because SEGA left nearly all the assets in a demo that had one level on it?

Months ago we had a model of Classic Super Sonic...

Later we had icons with the Chaos Emeralds shown...

Then we had the 2-pack of Super Sonic figures appear...

But now... now that we see 3 seconds of a ripply aura and yellow body stretching.. it's going too far?

Level list, Batman Chao credit card, Modern and Classic models and textures, mission lists, shield and items shown, characters you'll talk to, bosses, ring dashing shown before it was officially shown, music rips... but 3 seconds of super stretching... and we've stepped over our boundaries.

Even the manga is touching on things that were only days ago "spoiled" in a picture of a picnic. Where do the official and unofficial spoilers separate themselves and who gets the blame for information getting leaked? An official source shows a picnic, so is SEGA ruining a surprise? A screenshot of a picnic is shown, so is it the person who got the pictures's fault for sharing it? SEGA leaves most of a game that's incredibly anticipated, so do the knowledgeable and, in my opinion, gracious people who compiled all this information get chastised for sharing too... in a spoiler-dedicated thread?

Stay classy, society.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm with Solofiveo.

And how could we be "overstepping our boundaries" anyway? The only people we're "ruining the game for" is ourselves, and personally, I love spoiling myself to death with these games. Makes me a lot more excited about what I'm spending $63 on.

Seriously Now were deciding to say this is to much? Hey it's a spoiler topic and people want to share what they find. They care about the people who don't want to be spoiled. That's why they put it in a spoiler topic. some people act as if the people putting the spoilers up are selfish and careless about others. I personally get more exited with leaks but i know that's not the same with everyone that's why i use spoilers.

I will agree it's gotten chaotic recently. It's gotten to the point were one of my friends can't even look at official news because of the spoilers. I told him about flying battery when spagonia was announced and he yelled at me saying he didn't want to hear it. He's even thinking now about not getting the game anymore because of the leaks. Which makes me feel bad for him.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

It's funny in a way. At first I was a little disappointed that we got a demo because I had to renew my Xbox Live Gold, it would only be Green Hill Act 1, it would only playable for 20 days, no Rank/Score would shown at the end when you beat it, and it had glitches.

Am I unhappy that all the levels in the HD version got leaked? Nope.

Am I unhappy that the bosses got leaked? Nope.

Am I unhappy that the missions got leaked? Nope.

Is my hype for this game extremely higher than before Sonic's actual 20th Anniversary date? YES.

Edited by STrainer

I half-expected them to make Super Sonic playable in levels cause they have him playable in Sonic 4 and Colors recently. The other half is that they might stick him in as boss only fights like they did with almost every Sonic game in over an decade.

The best solution to celebrate all 20 years is to make Super Sonic playable in regular levels AND an exclusive final boss, which is what they're doing

• Thumbs Up 2

I've got way more spoiled from Sonic 06 then this game. I've read the English script a couple of months before the came out and I know about Sonic's death, etc.

I don't count unlockable things like Super Sonic in Sonic games or Luigi in Mario Galaxy as a spoiler I'd want to avoid. I WANT to know what the secret unlockable thing is before I go for it because I'd be pissed as shit if it was a pain to unlock and ended up being lame as hell.

Now stuff like the story or how the final battle plays out I'll avoid until I'm playing the game for myself.

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't count unlockable things like Super Sonic in Sonic games or Luigi in Mario Galaxy as a spoiler I'd want to avoid. I WANT to know what the secret unlockable thing is before I go for it because I'd be pissed as shit if it was a pain to unlock and ended up being lame as hell.

Now stuff like the story or how the final battle plays out I'll avoid until I'm playing the game for myself.

Now I know that Super Sonic has always looked a bit angry...but JESUS....Both Super Sonics in Generations look soooooo PISSED OFF.

Edited by Voyant

But I recall Jack saying they had the same winning animations when finishing a level, only difference was they were super. And I don't remember them doing THAT pose. :V