Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Actually Classic has other mouths as well. I just removed them to show only the Side mouth same with Modern Sonic as well. The cut scene models when the game releases are bound to have morphers which will make them transition from side to front mouths. I honestly prefer the side mouths since they are more natural for characters like Sonic and Knuckles. Front mouths on them just make them look oddly disproportionate to me. Thats my opinion on his mouth to me.

Well at least it wasn't like in Unleashed for the in-game model where he is always happy no matter what with "dat smile".

And with the legs stretching? I guess you've never seen much cartoonish animations. Its a animation method people use to make things smooth/bouncy stretch and squash method I think even in cartoon animations they use this as well. Just because they Werehog used this doesn't make it a SIN to use it. Its actually quite welcomed and makes things more lively. biggrin.png

Edited by Inferno

I wonder if Classic Super Sonic will have his poses and animations from Sonic 2 and 3, like pushing objects with his elbow, and crossing his arms when on a ledge.

I wonder if Classic Super Sonic will have his poses and animations from Sonic 2 and 3, like pushing objects with his elbow, and crossing his arms when on a ledge.

I wonder if Classic Super Sonic's hair (spines ?) will be like normal Classic Sonic's for some poses, like when holding on something.

Now all you can chill out and stop complaining/worrying about Super Sonic mumbo jumbo. Also there is no classic tails or eggman data in here. Or else that stuff would have been posted about way before hand.

I think this is all we need. To keep ourselves cool till the game releases. We got pretty much what we all want for this game.

http://i40.photobuck...sssoserious.png

...SUPA SAIYAN!!!!!!!

Edited by KrazyBean14

We'll have to bring that up when the game is released.

classic_super-9cbcb2bc46.png

NO, I DON'T HAVE FUCKING GREEN EYES. STOP COMPLAINING.

Edited by Koopalmier
  • Thumbs Up 6

I wonder if Classic Super Sonic's hair (spines ?) will be like normal Classic Sonic's for some poses, like when holding on something.

I don't think so. Now that they can make the models more detailed...

Edited by Vec

This only happened in the Classics to save on space. For all intents and purposes, his spikes are always stylised when super.

I don't think so. Now that they can make the models more detailed...

Close as they can get is. Using a fur map which they do for both Modern and Classic like how you see the line in the CG artwork. They do this in Unleashed and Generations it quite amazing I'm still trying to figure how the do that in 3ds Max when rendering without it looking like bumpy crap.

Unless you meant something else entirely then my mistake.

But you can't notice the fur or the normal mapping junk in this game anyways you never get close enough to notice the detail on the models anyways. (Pleaseeeeee PC release) So unless you get real close up on the model you won't notice these nice little details. But honestly they could be done better even for a Console release when looking at other games. So again PC release. Cause then I'll be modding to improve it and make it look better. Haha

I can only hope...

So they are going with the Sonic 2 Super Sonic since no green eyes?

Well somebody finally went and posted the Classic Super Sonic renders on the Sega forums. What a genius.

Well. Time to hide and run like ninja's. ph34r.png Why do people keep posting the spoilers over there anyway? :/

Seriously? I mean really. Are they just retarded or something? Thats like telling everyone in the room your looking off the persons paper in front of you. Just asking for attention then. haha

Why would you talk on the Sega Forums about spoilers when they are against that? Makes no sense. Darn *insert age group here* Darnn youuuu.

Edit: Oh yeah just saw it. Yeah the people that post there are definitely not in the SMRT category *sarcasm joking* Derrr it doesn't look classic it looks like unleashed but classic.....yeah thats what happens when you model it right and no just geometric shapes. Your going to get something that looks nice and sleek just like the Unleashed style imo is the best looking style. Plus sprites will not equal a 3d model perfectly. People don't seem to understand things. Especially basing a model off sprites. I can understand artwork but not sprites.

Edited by Twilightzoney
  • Thumbs Up 1

Inb4 the second picture becomes a mini-meme.

Also inb4 we all have spoiler-riffic super sonics in our avatars and sigs. :V

Damn. How did you know I was gonna do that?

Seriously? I mean really. Are they just retarded or something? Thats like telling everyone in the room your looking off the persons paper in front of you. Just asking for attention then. haha

Why would you talk on the Sega Forums about spoilers when they are against that? Makes no sense. Darn *insert age group here* Darnn youuuu.

Edit: Oh yeah just saw it. Yeah the people that post there are definitely not in the SMRT category *sarcasm joking* Derrr it doesn't look classic it looks like unleashed but classic.....yeah thats what happens when you model it right and no just geometric shapes. Your going to get something that looks nice and sleek just like the Unleashed style imo is the best looking style. Plus sprites will not equal a 3d model perfectly. People don't seem to understand things. Especially basing a model off sprites. I can understand artwork but not sprites.

I tried to stay away from this topic as if it were the plague, but once I saw the Super Sonic model, I couldn't stay away.

And now the Modern Super Sonic renders are up. Everybody enjoy them while they can, come Sunday Sega's gonna be removing them. I say Sunday because the moderation is notoriously terrible over there.

Oh, wow. Top spine points back. Good work, Sonic Team, good work.

...although the bottom spine is a bit too long for my tastes...

And now the Modern Super Sonic renders are up. Everybody enjoy them while they can, come Sunday Sega's gonna be removing them. I say Sunday because the moderation is notoriously terrible over there.

Can you people read? He's not complaining about the top spine direction.

I myself think they look off, though. As if they just took Modern Super Sonic's design and applied it to Classic Super Sonic. Doesn't look like he did in Sonic 2 or 3.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis/sonicth2/sheet/37802

http://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis/snk/sheet/10512

Yes, I have a complaint about it. Go whine now.

Looks awesome to me. Don't know why anyone would be complaining about classic Super Sonic not matching the sprite work in Sonic 2/3 when the normal classic model doesn't really exactly match the sprites of the classics either.