Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

The werehog will only show up at Spagonia at night if they're trying to stay true to the game.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Well as in making a appearance. the werehog will probably make some sort of appearance. But sonic&Knuckles was called sonic and knuckles. Being playable is a completely different thing as well i'm not asking for that. I'm talking about making a appearance . and as a matter of fact i also hope mecha sonic shows up somehow. Plus knuckles did show up in classic sonic's bit of sky sanctuary. the wisps i will say probably will make a appearance somehow as well. your on their home planet. All i'm saying is that it is weird if knuckles doesn't get shown even if this is sonic's history.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey Jack, I just have a single question. I fully expect a negative on it, but meh.

We've seen the character model for Knuckles for a while now, it was one of the first things found. Have models for other such characters been found in the demo, or is that all that can be retrieved?

Well here's the thing. If you look at the pattern, the only characters actually getting Classic versions are the ones that play a bigger role in the game than most characters. Tails is a major story character, Robtonik and Classic Metal are bosses, but in terms of references, Knuckles and Amy can be involved with Sky Sanctuary and the Metal Sonic boss, but in their modern designs, which is probaably easier than coming up with an HD model for something that will only get a brief cameo

Let's look at the missions to reiterate my point:

CLASSIC GREEN HILL ZONE

Mission 1: Sonic Ghost

Mission 2: Beaton

Mission 3: Vs Knuckles

Mission 4: Swings

Mission 5: High Speed (wait a minute, High Speed means the speed shoes. OMG I recreated a mission in the demo lol)

MODERN SKY SANCTUARY ZONE

Mission 1: VS Knuckles

Mission 2: 200% Boost

Mission 3: Balloon

Mission 4: Sonic Ghost

Mission 5: Fast Tempo

Now let's look at the mission archives:

<Object>

<ID>MissionNpcC_Knuckles</ID>

<ObjName>クラシック:ナックルズ</ObjName>

<DataPath>character/npc/knuckles</DataPath>

<DataPath>object/mission/npc/mknuckles</DataPath>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>MissionNpcG_Knuckles</ID>

<ObjName>ジェ�リック:ナックルズ</ObjName>

</Object>

And for reference, let's look at the Tails mission archives:

<Object>

<ID>MissionNpcC_Tails</ID>

<ObjName>クラシック:テイルス</ObjName>

<DataPath>character/npc/classic_tails</DataPath>

<DataPath>object/mission/npc/mclassictails</DataPath>

</Object>

<ID>MissionNpcG_Tails</ID>

<ObjName>ジェ�リック:テイルス</ObjName>

<DataPath>character/npc/tails</DataPath>

<DataPath>object/mission/Tornado</DataPath>

<DataPath>object/mission/npc/mtails</DataPath>

</Object>

See they haven't forgotten to pay homage to Sonic and Knuckles by having Knuckles be of some significance there (hell I'm betting money on Amy being rescued in a cutscene immediately following the Metal Sonic boss) but they aren't going to waste valuable resources to make a classic version of the character for something so trivial.

Hey Jack, I just have a single question. I fully expect a negative on it, but meh.

We've seen the character model for Knuckles for a while now, it was one of the first things found. Have models for other such characters been found in the demo, or is that all that can be retrieved?

The only character models in the demo were: Classic Sonic, Generic Sonic, Generic Tails, Classic Super Sonic, Generic Super Sonic, Omochao and Knuckles. There's a lot of enemy models and other things but that's all in the department of character models.

I'm not saying assume the demo is right, but the best idea is to not expect it to be wrong so you aren't disapointed by the lack of something you wanted. That's the positive side to the leak IMO, for instance, I was pretty disappointed with the level choices (of all the levels in Sonic 3&K, why the most boring one?) but I had plenty of time to get over the disappointment and focus more on the anticipation for the return of these levels.

I know i'm not hyping myself up. I'll keep this in mind but that doesn't mean i cant hope for something. Just like how i hope the boss battles will be played.

BTW how is sky sanctuary more bland and boring than sandopolis zone?

I know i'm not hyping myself up. I'll keep this in mind but that doesn't mean i cant hope for something. Just like how i hope the boss battles will be played.

BTW how is sky sanctuary more bland and boring than sandopolis zone?

Also Hedgehogs Boost, I read that quote you had on your whatever it's called (I'm not very forum savy) "And if that doesn't persuade you we'll throw in this tornado carrying a car!" and I felt compelled to list this bit from the archives:

<ID>CscTornadoTrap</ID>

<ObjName>竜巻用トラップ</ObjName>

<DataPath>object/stage/crisiscity/tornadotrap</DataPath>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>CscLavaRide</ID>

<ObjName>溶岩乗り</ObjName>

<DataPath>object/stage/crisiscity/lavaride</DataPath>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>CscClassicTornado</ID>

<ObjName>クラシック竜巻</ObjName>

<DataPath>object/stage/crisiscity/classictornado</DataPath>

<DataPath>object/stage/crisiscity/tornado</DataPath>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>CscGenericTornado</ID>

<ObjName>ジェãƒ

• Thumbs Up 5

Tornadotrap

Lavaride

Classictornado

Commoncar

Breakroad

Every of these words make me feel goooood.

Edited by Koopalmier

Also Hedgehogs Boost, I read that quote you had on your whatever it's called (I'm not very forum savy) "And if that doesn't persuade you we'll throw in this tornado carrying a car!" and I felt compelled to list this bit from the archives:

<ID>CscTornadoTrap</ID>

<ObjName>竜巻用トラップ</ObjName>

<DataPath>object/stage/crisiscity/tornadotrap</DataPath>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>CscLavaRide</ID>

<ObjName>溶岩乗り</ObjName>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>CscClassicTornado</ID>

<ObjName>クラシック竜巻</ObjName>

<DataPath>object/stage/crisiscity/classictornado</DataPath>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>CscGenericTornado</ID>

<ObjName>ジェ�リック竜巻</ObjName>

<DataPath>object/stage/crisiscity/generictornado</DataPath>

<DataPath>object/stage/crisiscity/commoncar</DataPath>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>CscTornadoSwitch</ID>

<ObjName>竜巻攻撃スイッ�</ObjName>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>CscBreakRoad</ID>

<ObjName>崩れる�路</ObjName>

<DataPath>object/stage/crisiscity/breakroad</DataPath>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>CscClassicTornadoEventCollision</ID>

<ObjName>クラシック竜巻イベントコリジョン</ObjName>

</Object>

<ID>CscLavaRide</ID>

<ObjName>溶岩乗り</ObjName>

</Object>

Edited by Lungo

Sweetness! So it could be like windy valley's tornado? Also there called signatures jack. lava ride. sliding on lava wouldn't be fun. at least sonic would find it cool.unsure.png

Also question to anyone if kingdom valley did make it into the game and it's chase sequence was the eagle what would it look like? a cyborg shooting lasers out of it's claws?

Probably. lol FUND IT FOR DLC NAO!!!!

But on another note, I found this in Spagonia's archives:

<Object>

<ID>EucGuillotine</ID>

<ObjName>ギロ�ン</ObjName>

<DataPath>object/stage/rooftoprun/guillotine</DataPath>

</Object>

Guillotine? WTF!?

Now let's look at the mission archives:

<Object>

<ID>MissionNpcC_Knuckles</ID>

<ObjName>クラシック:ナックルズ</ObjName>

</Object>

<Object>

<ID>MissionNpcG_Knuckles</ID>

<ObjName>ジェ�リック:ナックルズ</ObjName>

</Object>

um i see MissionNpcC_Knuckles it said c,for classic take a look at the second on it says g_knuckles for generic so,..........yay?

Edited by Blue Streak

um i see MissionNpcC_Knuckles it said c,for classic take a look at the second on it says g_knuckles for generic so,..........yay?

That C and G are for which Sonic is performing the mission. Notice how I showed the two Tails missions as reference and the object was referred to as "mClassicTails" in one and "mTails" in the other as opposed to Knuckles who was referred to as "mKnuckles" both times.

I notice that Modern Tails will be in the Tornado for his mission

Also I'm dissapointed that only Sonic, Tails, Metal Sonic, and Eggman are getting their classic models but no one else (I wonder if Metal will even get a modern design, I mean especially when considering that the bosses will most likely be taking place in the time period they were originally fought in)

Though I will feel a tad bit better if there are little cutscenes with the classic versions of Amy and Knuckles, like a cutscene after defeating Metal Sonic showing the Sonics freeing classic Amy, or a cutscene before Sky Sanctuary showing Classic Knuckles trying to stop Eggman from stealing the Master Emerald and then leading the Sonics to the actual level

Edited by Cero
  • Thumbs Up 1

No. They just keep calling them "playable menu", there was one time I read "Town" but that was a file that had some leftover programming for the Werehog's (or Evil's) brawling music so it's probably an Unleashed leftover. From the way the images depict it, I keep picturing a Sonic Jam esque hub world, which is what I hope we will get.

SonicJamSonicWorld.jpg?t=1295647663

So like this but for each different stage or just one big one? I would be fine with one big hub i just want to see hubs. Like the university for spagonia or hidden palace for sky sanctuary or even tropical resort for planet wisp. (still wondering if castle town would work for crisis city. you could go through a time portal to get there. and i want to see what the humans would look like in cartoon form.)

As awesome as that would be, I really doubt we'll have anything like that. The files refer to the hub call it an "Interactive Menu" .It's more likely to be something similar to what we had in Sonic Unleashed Wii/PS2 or possibly even something similar to Rush Adventure.

Edited by sjmaster92

Probably. lol FUND IT FOR DLC NAO!!!!

Welcome to SSMB ! Here, the Emerald Coast whale is a beam-shooting cyborg, Big is piloting the GUN Truck and the Time Eater is Izuka. Enjoy your stay here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to SSMB ! Here, the Emerald Coast whale is a beam-shooting cyborg, Big is piloting the GUN Truck and the Time Eater is Izuka. Enjoy your stay here.