Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Death Egg would work like in Sonic 2 with some added attacks.

Why would he need to go Super this time?

I hope not. Not only have we just had a "remake" of that in Sonic 4 episode 1, but the final battle of the Death Egg zone in Sonic 3&K is much more epic.

final-boss-s3k.jpg

Just imagine how epic this shit would be remade.

I hope not. Not only have we just had a "remake" of that in Sonic 4 episode 1, but the final battle of the Death Egg zone in Sonic 3&K is much more epic.

final-boss-s3k.jpg

Just imagine how epic this shit would be remade.

Imagine That theme remixed! HOLY----! Plus what if your running through the death egg while fighting this boss? EPIC!

Isn't there a remix of it on the 3DS version already? The Big Arm Boss. ^^

But yes.. I hope they don't take Death Egg from Sonic 2 again.

Edit:

Maybe we get a mix of Death Egg Zone from Sonic 3&Knuckles and Death Egg from Sonic 2.

Who knows? :)

Edited by Poise

I'd be pretty happy with the S3&K Final Boss being remade. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's probably what we're getting. They wouldn't throw something huge at us right off the bat like fighting the actual Death Egg. That would just make Perfect Chaos and the Egg Dragoon pale in comparison.

Edited by Mykonos

Kinda wish we had more hacked stuff to speculate over now, the earlier shitstorm was very...interesting. Guess we'll have to wait for someone to find something.

What about a boss we know nothing about? Time Eater, the one who is most likely the final boss of the entire game. How will he work?

Kinda wish we had more hacked stuff to speculate over now, the earlier shitstorm was very...interesting. Guess we'll have to wait for someone to find something.

What about a boss we know nothing about? Time Eater, the one who is most likely the final boss of the entire game. How will he work?

Well when I first thought of the time eater boss I thought we would be fighting him in a cluster of levels throughout the sonic series or taking aspects from the series into one big area. Then I assumed we would fight him in a never ending void of space as the Super forms. I hope it isn't similar to Solaris. Maybe you'll be transported through different Times for the first form. Like in Twilight princess where you fight zant throughout different areas of hyrule. The same for This Time eaters first form would be fought In different areas of the game using aspects of the rivals/bosses you've fought. I'm guessing his final form will be in Space or in the time dimension itself. His final form will have him throwing stuff at you and disappearing and appearing in different places.

I was thinking this as a concept(someone from the forum mentioned this but I'm going to expand on it): Time eater throws shards representing Areas of time and history at the Sonic's. Destroying a shard will cause a meter on the screen to lower. If the meter drops to 0 then all of Sonic's time is destroyed taking him with it. You have to dodge the attacks and attack him.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

I'm hoping that at least part of "Time Eater" will feature an "End of the World" type level that brings the Sonics through the zones the "Time Eater" has successfully destroyed, the erased zones being those unused levels from Sonic 2, such as Hidden Palace, Dust Hill, Winter Zone, and Genocide City.

head-desk-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1274356860.jpg

...The level of stupidity that guy is emitting is obscene. I mean WOW! It's a glitch, glitches always happen in games, not to mention that it's a super rare glitch!

...Whatever. I'm wasting my glucose typing this.

Hey if it makes you feel better pal that thread is closed now, courtesy of Clumsyorchid. http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?375496-Sonic-4-Esque-Physics-Anomaly-Discovered-in-Generations&p=6731267#post6731267

Whether Crisis City is Soleanna or not. My point still stands. Iblis is in Crisis City and Generations. It's most likely the same city. And no. Sonic '06 and it's stages aren't non-canon. They were simply wiped from existance.

My guess is that the Time Eater is powerful enough to make even things which were even wiped out, happen. Or at least send both Sonics to it.

Isn't there a remix of it on the 3DS version already? The Big Arm Boss. ^^

But yes.. I hope they don't take Death Egg from Sonic 2 again.

Edit:

Maybe we get a mix of Death Egg Zone from Sonic 3&Knuckles and Death Egg from Sonic 2.

Who knows? smile.gif

Iblis will NOT be returning and 06 is still non-canon until Izuka says otherwise and since he took Hashimoto's actions to the next level by de-listing Sonic06 from stores, I don't see that happening any time.

Except Iblis IS returning. Crisis City exists because of Iblis and is filled with Iblis spawn. Oh and if I recall correctly, Unleashed was de-listed as well, are you saying that's non-canon now as well? (Also, wasn't the de-listing average titles a move made by SEGA, not Iizuka, and not limited to the Sonic series?)

There was a guy on the Retro forums a while back that revealed most, if not the entire enemy list, and the Iblis Mooks where among them. The fire bird thing, and the lava/rock lizard and worm-like creatures specifically. (You know, the only enemies in Crisis City? Just like how City Escape had the G.U.N. Robots.) I won't provide evidence as it was in a thread that spanned over 300 pages in length... so yeah. I don't know if Iblis will be in the game, but the Iblis Mooks probably will. Even if Hashimoto said it wasn't canon, he's no longer the head of Sonic Team, so they can override his retcon with another retcon if they wanted to. AAUK once stated somewhere on the SEGA forums that he spoke to Sonic Team about the Sonic Canon, and they said that Sonic 06 was "in flux", whatever that means. He also stated that Sonic Team pretty much views most of the handheld games as non-canon (except for maybe Sonic Battle and the Rivals series for some reason). The Sonic Canon is confusing, yo.

About that, I said once before that they could easily retcon the reason why Crisis City is in.....Crisis. I mean it isn't that difficult.

But then they'd have to retcon the reason why Silver is attacking in the first place, I also suggested Time Eater's mind controlling him.

There was a guy on the Retro forums a while back that revealed most, if not the entire enemy list, and the Iblis Mooks where among them. The fire bird thing, and the lava/rock lizard and worm-like creatures specifically. (You know, the only enemies in Crisis City? Just like how City Escape had the G.U.N. Robots.) I won't provide evidence as it was in a thread that spanned over 300 pages in length... so yeah. I don't know if Iblis will be in the game, but the Iblis Mooks probably will. Even if Hashimoto said it wasn't canon, he's no longer the head of Sonic Team, so they can override his retcon with another retcon if they wanted to. AAUK once stated somewhere on the SEGA forums that he spoke to Sonic Team about the Sonic Canon, and they said that Sonic 06 was "in flux", whatever that means. He also stated that Sonic Team pretty much views most of the handheld games as non-canon (except for maybe Sonic Battle and the Rivals series for some reason). The Sonic Canon is confusing, yo.

Edited by Xenos

Except Iblis IS returning. Crisis City exists because of Iblis and is filled with Iblis spawn. Oh and if I recall correctly, Unleashed was de-listed as well, are you saying that's non-canon now as well? (Also, wasn't the de-listing average titles a move made by SEGA, not Iizuka, and not limited to the Sonic series?)

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101

You guys are missing the point. De-listing a game (BTW I've still seen Unleashed in stores so I don't think it was actually delisted, that may have been a misreport) doesn't make it non-canon, saying the game has no relation to a canon game makes it not in the same canon and since Unleashed is canon and he said clearly that Unleashed has NO relation to 06 or Secret Rings (These words were spoken by Hashimoto "It has no relation to Sonic the Hedgehog [on PS3/Xbox 360] or Sonic and the Secret Rings."), those two games are not canon. I mentioned that Izuka delisted 06 to make the point that he probably won't re-canonize 06 since he clearly sees no value to it.

The way Crisis City will be implemented in Generations can be done in several ways:

1. They reintroduce it with a new backstory, kind of like how in Rivals 2, they put it back in, explained that it is a city in a different dimension and renamed it Chaotic Inferno. They could do something similar in Generations but choose not to rename it.

2. They do what they did in Starlight Carnival and have the level just be there with no real explanation or purpose and with no cutscenes fearuted in that location (the likely way they will handle it)

3. They do recanonize Sonic 06 and find a way for it to reappear in the timeline even though 06 never happened. (highly unlikely because Izuka doesn't like that game as suggested by his delisting of the non-canon title).

Even if they do recanonize 06 to put Crisis City in, that doesn't mean Iblis will show up or even be mentioned. He won't because he's not a boss fight and that's the only way he'd reappear.

I don't see why you want Iblis so bad. The reality is that Iblis, The Ifrit (the one from Sonic Rivals 2) and Dark Gaia are all the same thing, a giant monster in a lava filled environment. Personally I think Dark Gaia should have first dibs on returning out of any of those three.

They could retcon Iblis's spawn to not be Iblis's spawn and be minions of some other dark force like the Time Eater that is on the lose. I could even see Omochao going "Watch out for the Time Eater's monsters. They are very dangerous and not nice."

Actually, Knuckles Chaotix isn't canon either. It never happened apparently. Vector, Espio, and Charmy made their "true" debut in Sonic Heroes as the Chaotix Detective Agency (which is why it's unlikely to see their classic counterparts appear in Generations). Characters like Mighty, Ray, Fang, Bean, Bark, etc. haven't appeared in any recent title because they all appeared in non-canon games. All Master System and Game Gear titles have been declared non-canon along with SEGASonic Arcade, Sonic R and Sonic The Fighters. In other words, those forgotten characters no longer exist in the main canon. The Storybook series isn't canon either apparently. The Riders series might be Canon, however. Not sure if Sonic 4 is canon as Generations makes yet another retcon, making the Classic counterparts of certain characters their younger selves now, and since 4 is supposed to take place directly after Sonic 3 & Knuckles, they might retcon the premise in Episode 2 onwards with this in mind, making it take place a few years after the Genesis/Mega Drive games. We'll just have to wait and see how that plays out. While Sonic 06 was initially, non-canon, it can be rewritten back into the canon as there's a new head of Sonic Team and such. This is quite common in Comic Books, actually. Again, the Sonic Canon is confusing, yo.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

If SEGA/Sonic Team knew they were going to have these issues, then why even include it in the game, they could have easily replaced an 06 stage with one from Secret Rings, but instead, gave Credit to 06, I find it plausible that they will retcon certain things in the game so that Silver and Blaze's origins, along with other canon things 06 screwed up would be fixed.

I think they'd do that.

Edited by SpookyMulder

It didn't screw up Blaze's origin. The Blaze from Sonic 06 is not the same Blaze from the Rush series...Rush Blaze comes from an alternate universe, the Blaze from 06 is her counterpart in Sonic's Universe.

If SEGA/Sonic Team knew they were going to have these issues, then why even include it in the game, they could have easily replaced an 06 stage with one from Secret Rings, but instead, gave Credit to 06, I find it plausible that they will retcon certain things in the game so that Silver and Blaze's origins, along with other canon things 06 screwed up would be fixed.

I think they'd do that.

You don't know that.  Besides that makes no sense.  Blaze is the counterpart to Sonic and Knuckles in the Sol dimension just like Eggman Nega is the counterpart to Eggman.  Not to mention that wouldn't explain how Blaze recognized Sonic in 06.

Edited by SpookyMulder
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just because we haven't seen Silver from Blaze's dimension doesn't mean he's not there.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're forgetting about how at the end of Silver's story, Blaze used Chaos Control to send herself and Iblis to another dimension, and in the Last Story, she was notably the only character absent. When Elise hit the Reset Button on time, History could have been rewritten so that Blaze was now born in that Alternate Dimension where she could have become the Blaze we saw in the Rush games. But then again, it seems like the Rush series isn't canon anyway, so I guess it's a moot point. I HIGHLY doubt there's another Silver there...

Anyway we're getting WAAAAAAAY off topic... Besides, we'll find out which Blaze we're going to see in Generations when it comes out. I think we're thinking way too hard about the Sonic Canon...

Hold on, Jack, have you ever tried out using the shields that PolygonJim showed? Or are you unable to do so? I'm curious to see if they work with Modern Sonic in Classic Green Hill.