Awoo.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)

YoshiUnity

So is the attachment also green in that picture? It's a little small for me to tell. I'd rather not plop my blue unit into a black control accessory (don't mind the charger cradle being black, since you can't see it from above, but the lopsided rim would distract me), but if they're matching the available colors it'd be nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the latest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine. Here's their preview of Luigi's Mansion 2:

scan0003xq.jpg

scan0004be.jpg

If anyone wants to archive the scans, it's Official Nintendo Magazine Issue 75 December 2011.

So far LM2 is looking fantastic, and it was definitely a pleasant surprise when it was first revealed! (A shame that it was pretty much the ONLY software surprise).

I'm loving the claims that there are more puzzles this time, as I'm sure it will add to the variety. Also, the various mansions look very interesting, especially the ice-looking place.

My only complaint so far is the music. It seems really bland and cheesy compared to the original's unique, fast techno-style tunes, in addition to its very memorable theme song. This new music sounds like something out of a haunted house-themed episode of a kid's cartoon. Music isn't everything, but I think that it actually might detract slightly from the experience for me :/

Oh well, the gameplay still looks great. I'm hoping the extra circle pad will be used.

The add-on would definitely help it feel more like the original. I'm sure the gyroscope works just fine but, it's sometimes hard to keep yourself from messing up the 3D effect when moving the system.

• 1 month later...

Luigi's Mansion 2 to support Two-Players

http://gonintendo.co...pic.php?t=73556

Category: Action/Adventure

Players: 1-2

Age rating: TBD

Publisher: Nintendo

Developer: Nintendo

Release date: TBD

Join Luigi, the lean, green ghost-catching machine in an eerie new 3D adventure!

Luigi is back on a mission to remove a bunch of stubborn ghosts from some super-spooky mansions in Luigi’s Mansion 2 for Nintendo 3DS. Armed with his trusty “Poltergust” ghost-grabbing vacuum cleaner, Mario’s brother takes centre stage to capture those pesky phantoms. Sure, Luigi’s the nervous type who’d rather be as far from these ghosts as he can get, but a reluctant hero can still save the day!

This hair-raising title is the first sequel to the 2002 Nintendo GameCube launch title, Luigi’s Mansion, and brings back all the thrills of the original with bags of new fun features too. The stereoscopic 3D visuals bring the murky mansions, ghastly ghosts and spooky surroundings to life, so you can experience all the haunting chills and supernatural fun the game has to offer.

This time around the ghosts are craftier than ever... Just shining a light on them won’t phase these phantoms; instead you’ll need to shock them with a strobe of light before you can begin to vacuum them up. Incorporating more puzzles than its GameCube predecessor, Luigi’s Mansion 2 will put your grey matter to the test. An array of different ghosts haunt the various mansions, so you’d best get geared-up to help poor scaredy-cat Luigi figure out how to defeat each one!

The old mansions hide secrets aplenty, but that’s just an invitation to exploration for a man armed with a very special vacuum cleaner! On top of hoovering up piles of leaves to reveal hidden hoards or sucking up stacks of cash, the Poltergust can gobble wallpaper and more to reveal secrets, unearth new areas and unveil treasure chests...

Join Luigi on a ghost-grabbing adventure in this spooky sequel to a GameCube classic

Stereoscopic 3D adds greater depth and atmosphere to the crumbling mansion surroundings

Use the Poltergust to uncover secrets, treasure, even new areas!

Figure out how to deal with a variety of ghastly ghosts and fiendish phantoms!

You can only appreciate the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS on the system itself. All screenshots and game footage on this site are captured in 2D mode.

Edited by Red-Nosed ReindeerUnity

Co-op? two player support could also mean playing against each other, I dont see any confirmation for coop to be honest.

Co-op? two player support could also mean playing against each other, I dont see any confirmation for coop to be honest.

My only complaint so far is the music. It seems really bland and cheesy compared to the original's unique, fast techno-style tunes, in addition to its very memorable theme song. This new music sounds like something out of a haunted house-themed episode of a kid's cartoon. Music isn't everything, but I think that it actually might detract slightly from the experience for me :/

• 5 months later...

LUIGI MANSION 2...

y-u-no.png

Y U NO IN WII/WII U??

I loved Luigi Mansion on the GCN. So much win. I wish I could play this game but I don't want a 3DS D:>

100% my thoughts. I believe this and Paper Mario 3DS are prime examples of "extortion."

I'm quite happy for this to be on 3DS... I just wish we could hear more about it. Just because Luigi's the "other brother" in the games, it doesn't mean they should treat the advertising as such, especially since a lot more of the "casual" gamers tend to buy MARIO games and may not think to do the same with "that green Mario", given he's not had his own game in a very long time now.

Nintendo hates me so much, they release games they've announced in November and they release them before games like Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2. I mean seriously? Mario Tennis Open can freaking wait.

• Thumbs Up 4

Nintendo hates me so much, they release games they've announced in November and they release them before games like Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2. I mean seriously? Mario Tennis Open can freaking wait.

Nintendo EAD: So, now that we've got two teams for Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion, let's get out there and make some great games!

Miyamoto: I want a Mario game first!

Nintendo EAD: Well we'll just put Paper Mario out first like the Wii-

Miyamoto: NO! I want a platforming and racing game out this year, or you're all fired!

Nintendo EAD: Okay....I guess we can do that. *1 year later* So, we've got 3D Land and MK7 out, let's get back to making Paper Mario and Luigi's Ma-

Miyamoto: I want two 2D Mario titles out and a tennis game by the end of the year, or you're all fired!

Nintendo EAD: Yes master....

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

Agreed. I don't really think this one's going to be nearly as scary as LM1. The slow songs were haunting and ambient where the fast songs were crazy demented. The music I've heard so far makes it feel more like Night of the Werehog. Beyond that, the lighting is too bright even when the lights are off. In Luigi's Mansion 1 you couldn't see anything but what your flash light hit and the general outline of the room. And it was fucking terrifying.

While I agree on the new theme being a little goofier, I wouldn't describe the original Luigi's Mansion anywhere near "fucking terrifying".

And even if that all did work, I don't really know how scary a survival horror game might be on a handheld console anyway. It just seems like it would be too small to scare you is all- TVs are naturally more immersive since they're the large and form the center piece of the room. The only handheld game that ever really had me on my toes in fear me was Metroid Fusion only because you were isolated on a deserted space station being stalked by a deadly parasite with all your powers.

The Resident Evil demo on the 3DS made me a bit tense and I jumped once or twice throughout. Give that a try.

Edited by JezMM

Nintendo EAD are developing neither titles.

Edited by Nintendoga

100% my thoughts. I believe this and Paper Mario 3DS are prime examples of "extortion."

I think you need to check the definition of extortion.

I don't really care how scary or goofy it gets, I just want it to accomplish what the first game did and stay atmospheric. I want to feel like I'm right beside Luigi and we both are scared/in hysterics/laughing/celebrating victory. If it can do that right then it already has something nailed in my eyes.

• Thumbs Up 9

I think you need to check the definition of extortion.

No, I think I got it in regards to these 2 titles.

Then explain, because I'm having a really hard time figuring out how any of us are being in anyway extorted here.

Then explain, because I'm having a really hard time figuring out how any of us are being in anyway extorted here.

Call me a bad forumer, but I honestly don't feel like it now, lol. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I know, but it was quicker to put them rather then Intelligent Systems and whoever the hell is developing LM2.

EDIT: Did some research, Next Level Games doesn't seem to have such a great track record with games, but since Miyamoto is working on this, I guess I can trust him.

Next Level Games don't have a good record? The same Next Level Games that developing the Mario Football series and the Punch Out revival? Are ya sure about that? :V

Anyway I wish we would hear more about this soon too, but at least it's gonna be well polished when it's finally released. Plus we all know the reason the Tennis game is coming out first is cause they can't cram more Baby versions of characters into this game.~

Next Level Games don't have a good record? The same Next Level Games that developing the Mario Football series and the Punch Out revival? Are ya sure about that? :V

Anyway I wish we would hear more about this soon too, but at least it's gonna be well polished when it's finally released. Plus we all know the reason the Tennis game is coming out first is cause they can't cram more Baby versions of characters into this game.~

Yeah, the same Next Level Games who developed Spiderman Friend or Foe, A poor version of Transformers Cybertron Adventures for Wii, and Captain America for Wii

Not saying they're horrible, but would much rather have Nintendo EAD making this.

Edited by Nintendoga