Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Does the pro controller use analog triggers? 

No. I never liked analog triggers as they were always rather uncomfortable for me to use. I can see a issue with racing games on the Wii U.

The only issue I have with the GamePad and Pro Controller is the lack of analogue triggers. In every other way they're my absolute favourite controllers for any system, with the GCN and 360 controllers being on par. Why did Nintendo get rid of the analogue triggers this time? Was it just a case of reducing the cost?

• Thumbs Up 2

Good news on the multi-platform game front: Splinter Cell: Blacklist has been confirmed for Wii U release. It'll be out on Friday, August 23rd, the same as on other formats.

Gawd bless Ubisoft.

• Thumbs Up 2

Great to finally see an increasing amount of multiplat games hitting WiiU aswell. Games like Batman, Deus Ex, WatchDogs, Blacklist and AC4 never would have hit the Wii.

So even if it's only in small amounts so far, third party relations seem to be better than they were in the GC days. I just hope Suda51/Grasshopper hasn't abandoned the Nintendo ship, I have to say that's one I'm worried about. sad.png

Edited by SuperLink

Speaking of Grasshopper; Deep Silver who are publishing Killer Is Dead said that they have no plans to support the Wii U. The reasoning was literally "the console userbase is not our target demographic".

That speaks more of Deep Silver's own developments and IPs though, not their publishing. In other words, no Dead Island, Metro or Saints Row on Wii U.

Wii U is about 130k away from breaking a million in Japan and did around about 33k in total these last two weeks. It'll take it's sweet time getting there though cause there are no more big releases for it coming up and DQX and G&W didn't perform that spectacularly.

Speaking of Grasshopper; Deep Silver who are publishing Killer Is Dead said that they have no plans to support the Wii U.

I was wondering why Killer is Dead wasn't coming to WiiU and it suddenly clicked. :/

Eh, Deep Silver are a bunch of wankers, anyway. Pretty much anything to do with Dead Island did them no favors (didn't help that the game itself sucked).

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh, Deep Silver are a bunch of wankers, anyway. Pretty much anything to do with Dead Island did them no favors (didn't help that the game itself sucked).

Tell me about it.  Dead Island is a CHORE to play.

Tell me about it.  Dead Island is a CHORE to play.

I only got a kick out of it because of the Kenshiro mod. Going all Hokuto Shinken on dem zombies is always a pleasure.

Good news on the multi-platform game front: Splinter Cell: Blacklist has been confirmed for Wii U release. It'll be out on Friday, August 23rd, the same as on other formats.

Gawd bless Ubisoft.

Oh nice! I don't have a Wii U but I'm glad you guys can play this game, cause it looks amazing.

If the target demographic isn't there, the games for them won't be made. The thing is though, the only way that their target demographic is going to come to the Wii U is if they make the games available on that format. Someone has to take the risk and blaze a trail, which is either going to mean that Nintendo has to start throwing moneyhats at them, Nintendo has to start making more 'adult' content, or Ubisoft and other publishers committed to supporting the platform are going to have to do the aforesaid trailblazing.

• Thumbs Up 8

If only Silicon Nights could make a sequel to Eternal Darkness... *sigh*

I'd rather not. They laid off a ton of their workers and their games now a days tend to be over hyped trash.

Game & Wario actually looks like a lot of fun. I know it's another minigame sort of deal like NintendoLand but they're insanely addictive to play!

• Thumbs Up 1

Much of Eternal Darkness' quality also came down to Nintendo actually keeping a good eye on the project and making sure it didn't suck. Much of the talent that made that game left the studio sometime after, and Dennis Dylack went power-mad as well. Sillicon Knights is pretty much dead at this point due to losing their court case against Epic Games, and the failures of Too Human and their X-Men game.

Edited by Shirou Emiya

Fyi this stock rise means little, and the biggest reason for this is because the yen is currently shitting all over the bed which is perfect for companies like Nintendo that operate from Japan in terms of exporting worldwide. Companies like Sony and Panasonic ought to see similar increases.

Considering Nintendo's earnings call is coming up in a couple of weeks and they have really not had a good last year (Wii U shipment revisions be damned), the stock is bound to plummet. It could get ugly, and unless Iwata lives up to his promise to make the company profitable with a 100 billion yen increase by the end of next fiscal year, he might very well resign next year.

So I went into my local Sainsbury's today and had a look around the games section. Somehow, they've manage to half the size of it, and it wasn't even big to begin with. I wanted to see what Wii U games they had, and then I noticed they didn't have any. I even asked a member of staff about it, and they said they weren't stocking the Wii U or games. They had 360, PS3, DS and Wii stuff. I was really quite surprised to see that they had nothing Wii U related at all. The store's quite a big one, so I've no idea why they've shrunk the games section so much. And getting rid of anything Wii U is slightly worrying.

No Vita stuff either but who cares about that anyway

• Thumbs Up 1