Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

PS3 Version and also i had another update.

I am back to NOT YET DISPATCHED. WTF!!!! T_T

This is getting ridiculous. I 'm out. I will come back later.

In the last 10 minutes or so, my delivery estimate has gone from '3-4th' to just the 4th.

AMAZON.jpg

Edited by Swiss

I'm more worried about the delivery company that they use. I've not heard very good things about Yodel which is apparently what they're using these days. I've heard of them just driving past the house and not even knocking.

Being the first person on here to order the Collectors Edition from Amazon, I'm expecting mine to update first. However, not a bloody thing. I was hoping get it tomorrow >:( Shadzters Generations trophies are annoying me lol

Not yet dispatched

Delivery Estimate: 3 Nov 2011 - 4 Nov 2011

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah yeah, Yodel, the new name for Home Delivery Network?

I've had no problems with them in the past tbh, but everybody is different I gues.s

And while I'm here, I'm disappointed with whats going on with Amazon, hope the rumours aint true - noticed a few of you using a web chat on Amazon.co.uk feature? How do you get that?

Whilst we're waiting for bloody Amazon, heres parts 1 & 2 of the documentary included with the Collectors Edition. Birth of an Icon:

The other parts are on the same channel too now.

Edited by hypermikey

Ah yeah, Yodel, the new name for Home Delivery Network?

I've had no problems with them in the past tbh, but everybody is different I gues.s

And while I'm here, I'm disappointed with whats going on with Amazon, hope the rumours aint true - noticed a few of you using a web chat on Amazon.co.uk feature? How do you get that?

Click help at the bottom of any page, click contact us on the page it takes you to, and just choose web chat instead of email or phone.

• Thumbs Up 1

After a lengthy conversation online with Amazon...

Me:Hey there, as can probably be seen, Sonic Generation's release date is fast approaching (This Friday on the 4th) and I think it's very odd that we have not even seen an order preparation notice yet.

It has been sat at 'Not Yet Dispatched' for an awfully long time and time is running out.

In this case, I ordered the Playstation 3 version and went for an expedited delivery option. Can you give me a firm dispatch date?

Amazon: Hello, Are you referring to order xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Me: That is correct

Amazon: I see that you have contacted us over Phone support earlier and the above information was provided to you. Let me know if you have any more issues with the order.

Me: When I telephoned, I received information which I do believe was misinformed given several reports elsewhere on the web from reputable sources. There is a lot of confusion surrounding the issue (with not just this order, but with everyone who has placed a pre order for the Collectors edition). Many people are confused as to why it has been left so late to dispatch.

Amazon: We apologies for any misunderstanding that has caused to you in this situation.

However, I see that the item is currently listed as "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" for the Collector's Edition.

Sometimes unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our original availability estimate.

The availability and dispatch times listed on our website are estimates only, and not guarantees.

While we do our best to stick to these estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers, and occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply can result in us being unable to fulfill an order.

We won’t charge you for items until we dispatch them to you. We'll send you an e-mail when we dispatch, confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

Me: That is all well and good, however I placed the preorder for this item on the 9th of September (when the preorders had only just opened) so whether or not I am assured one isn't the issue. What I would like to know is when are the packs being dispatched and why so close to the release date?

Amazon: as mentioned that this item is not available on our website, once we get the item from the supplier, we'll start dispatching orders as per the delivery method selected.

Me: So in other words, Amazon's inventory for this collectors hasn't yet been fulfilled?

Amazon: While we do our best to stick to our estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers, and occasionally, changes in our supply chain can add time to your order.

Yes you are correct.

Further, I’ve contacted our buying team about this delay and they’re currently looking into it.

Once we receive any update on the order status we’ll let you know straight away.

Me: Excellent. But that said... A message to pass onto superiors: I find it extremely suspicious that all other online retailers have gotten a hold of this yet Amazon (which started advertising and promoting it first) is the only supplier out of all to have problems.

Amazon: Due to this unexpected delay, I’ve removed the delivery cost of 5.96 GBP from the order.

I understand your concern, however, After you place your order, we'll do our best to get the item for you.

As mentioned that, while we do our best to stick to these estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers, and occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply can result in us being unable to fulfil an order.

Me:Very good. Well, Thank you very much for your help. But as a message to pass on again: This whole thing has dented my faith in Amazon's ability to stick to advertised release dates. Many thanks and take care now.

Amazon: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Me: Not today. Thank you.

Amazon: It's been a pleasure assisting you today.

Have a good day.

Thank you for visiting Amazon Chat. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Me: Will do. Take care.

Amazon: Please click "End Chat" to close this window.

Tl;dr

-Customer Service 101 phrases

-There supposedly has been a delay

-Amazon has NO inventory for the collectors edition (either PS3 OR X360)

It's official. I HATE Preordering stuff online. I had this problem for Sonic Colours, Portal 2 and now Sonic Generations... I give up on the internet.

• Thumbs Up 1

That sucks. Sonic is cursed in the UK, I swear. Sonic Colours got the Argos problems and now Sonic Generations is getting problems with Amazon.

I wonder if we'll all get our postage costs removed like CobraRoll. I only went for First Class, but still.

I'm currently speaking with someone on the chat to. God it's like pulling teeth trying to get info out of this guy but he's not mentioned anything about a delay, just re-affirming the delivery date of the 4th.

THE FUCK.

I'll post any news I get.

Edited by ENVY

OK now my guy has "confirmed" that are no delays or issues.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

After a lengthy conversation online with Amazon...

Tl;dr

-Customer Service 101 phrases

-There supposedly has been a delay

-Amazon has NO inventory for the collectors edition (either PS3 OR X360)

It's official. I HATE Preordering stuff online. I had this problem for Sonic Colours, Portal 2 and now Sonic Generations... I give up on the internet.

Edited by ENVY

Well this is inconsistent. It'd be fine if we knew that there were delays on everything, but this whole thing seems rather arbitrary to the point where I dunno if it's worth just cancelling and missing out on the CE and just buying the game on Friday as I likely would have done anyway. I'm undecided what to do. At this point I'm just getting overly impatient because of the broken US street date and being a whiny fanboy basically. BAW.

Fucking hell, it sounds like Amazon's online chat is like the dullest "pick your own adventure book" ever.

Ask the right questions in the right order and get to the last page if you actually want to have your reply not typed by a robot.

Edited by Supersonikku

OK now my guy has "confirmed" that are no delays or issues.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Hang on a second, if I may quote from your chat.

All that person did was check the current stock levels on the website! Which we already know is sold out. They've just told you they haven't got any left, not that they haven't got the ones that have been ordered,

Edited by HUNTER297

Meh, I just decided to cancel it. I decided the hassle wasn't really worth it for the CE (I obviously didn't want it that much anyway) and I'm just gonna buy it on Friday as I'd rather play the game sooner. Hope all goes well for everyone else!

Edited by Semi-colon e

Meh, I just decided to cancel it. I decided the hassle wasn't really worth it for the CE and I'm just gonna buy it on Friday. Hope all goes well for everyone else!

• Thumbs Up 1